It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann and Matthews dismissed as election anchors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by centurion1211
The left is clearly not in favor of free speech, or balanced reporting.

However, I'd be interested in a quote from O'Reilly labeling himself an "entertainer".

Easy. Just objectively watch his show and decide for yourself. You could also start by checking out his Obama interviews on www.billoreilly.com ...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Luckily for the left and the Obama following media, these guys were ditched before any real self-inflicted damage (remember the fake documents) would be committed.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

DID U SWITCH FROM FOX NEWS??????

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I've seen Olbermann call out O'Reilly, Hannity and 'Coultergeist' so many times for their hyprocrisy. Among others, as well.

WHO has EVER seen Keith Olbermann be hypocritical?

AND don't just make crap up, show real-life instances. Because the man, when he is wrong, will admit it. And will apologize. Try to find ONE instance of Hannity or O'Reilly doing that....apologizing, without a caveat.

Or, bless his fat soul....Limbaugh!!!!!

'Nuf said!

[edit on 9/8/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
bildo o'reilly (nuthin' but SPIN ZONE)

Remember, these tools are helping to shape/control the less gifted minds of Amerika.

u.s.a. Inc's mainstream media = Infotainment parading as news!

[edit on 8-9-2008 by TaZCoN]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Why is olberman put on the sidelines when Alex Jones states he respects him as a real journalist because he reported on the Cheney false flag op?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

I was just going to say the same thing! I just watched the Alex Jones bullhorn wirecutting vid.

My guess is that when the likes of Alex Jones start spouting about how Olbermann is an honest journalist the PTB must silence Olbermann. But hey, I am naturally conspiracy minded.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

An Alex Jones endorsement is not something most serious journalists would want. They avoid him like the plague.

Say what you will, FOX News is pretty much the standard for fair and balanced reporting. They always give both sides an opportunity to present their case.

Olbermann was out of line many times with his crude remarks about Bush. He and Matthews were unapologetic shills for Obama.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Pointless waste of time by the MSM throwing around the left-right paradigm to prevent anyone from thinking outside the box, and, lord help us, actually change things for the better.

Olbermann seems to be an ok journalist, but he's hopelessly caught up in the mainstream and as such is useless in bringing about any positive change out of the two party system.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
MSNBC caved *snip*.
RUSH LIMBAUGH spews non stop hate every day on his show. Yet, you will NEVER hear his network drop his show. It is the political right that has brought their behind the scenes muscle to bear and gotten these two clowns fired. When Conservative values are the only values being spoken of over the airwaves, only then will America be truly free.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Maybe I am a pervert in my old age but

MSNBC caved *snip*

seems like something that might be a T&C violation. Unless you mean it in some manner that my dirty mind can't see.

[edit: snipped quoted content]

[edit on 8-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
No, that is EXACTLY how I meant it. Well spotted lad.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Honestly, as a fan of MSNBC, Matthews and Olbermann, I feel this can only help. There are quaility journalists and commentators at that network and, hopefully it will still be standing after this election season. (The same can be said of ATS.)

Just because FOX blurs the line between news reporting and news commentary or punditry, doesn't mean the bar should be lowered for Journalistic standards everywhere.

I resent the need that the news media has to "interpret" the meaning of events. But if they must, they need to always go with the "point, counter-point" method with a neutral moderator.

BTW, I think the network should bring back Tucker Carlson and Dan Abrams as well as give Pat Buchanan more air time - that guy is smart.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Ah, OK. Well, at least I am not crazy.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That network is still filled to the brim with Obama shills. Andrea Mitchell for example.

This morning on Morning Joe, they did a segment on Obama's "Muslim" gaffe and about 30 minutes later had on Mccain's representative. She than asks him a question that leads to him having to mention Obama's quote about McCain not mentioning the Muslim rumor.

Andrea than lets out a big sigh, as the camera pans to her making a big roll eyes face. Along with the panelists all laughing, as Andrea asks "why would you just now mention Muslim". As if to imply this was some underhanded way to attack Obama. Right after they just got done having a whole segment on the subject. He only mentioned it in response to her question anyway!

Not to mention they brought Andrea on JUST to ask that question. She served no other purpose on the show today.

Its almost as if they were attempting to create a scandal for Obama. So, it doesn't comfort me that they got rid of one shill, while they still have a network FULL of shills.

RUSH LIMBAUGH spews non stop hate every day on his show.

Rush Limbaugh doesn't claim to be objective or a journalist. Hes pretty open that hes a proud, right wing commentator. Also, he doesn't spew hate. Unless "hate" is now anyhting that goes against liberals beliefs.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Its about time. There's nothing wrong with being a biased political commentator, but these two jerks (as well as MSNBC) have been trying to pass themselves off as unbiased journalists when it is plainly evident that they are anything but. Olbermann, in particular, needs to go crawl back under whatever rock that MSNBC kicked over in order to find him. Matthews? Let him stay, but for the rest of eternity, run that clip of him saying 'oooohhhh a thrill just went up my leg!' in reference to Obama every 5 minutes during his show. He's a joke now and has completely destroyed his own reputation.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm surprised at all this left/right liberal/neocon drivel.

The equation relates to one thing. Money.

Advertisers are applying pressure by threatening pulling advertising dollars for political //partisan// reasons - in the end, the operating budget of the network is all that matters to MSNBC because it relates to the almighty PROFIT.

I guarantee that it is NOT about journalism.

Journalism CANNOT, by definition, be a business. (Facts are immutable, and do not change. Journalism is about facts.)

None of the networks are moved by considerations of journalism. The only time journalism is even remotely relevant is during the Peabody awards, and even then, its a popularity/glitz event for media back-patting.

Remember, none of our media is obliged to EVER tell the truth. If it suits a purpose made relevant to the network, they will bend, misconstrue, ignore, overlook, re-frame, and even LIE about anything their black little hearts desire.

Olbermann was on TV because he drew viewers. Advertisers want those viewers to buy their stuff. But if their interests in legislative circles are called into question, they will remove any offending voice they can, using the power of money.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thankyou for the good news. Liberal biased news media should be on notice the the nation is getting sick and tired of garbage being passed off as news.

Hey Chris Matthews... are you still getting that tingly feeling for Obama..?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The trouble comes when the "journalist" assumes that most people, or most intelligent people, think like he/she does. I have heard a dozen times recently on right-wing radio that "America is a center-right nation".
If this were true, Gore would not have garnered the popular vote in 2000 and Bush would have won by more than 1.6% in 2004. We are a fifty-fifty nation, and neither party can claim to have a "mandate" from the voters if they win. If the GOP wins, it will not look anything like Reagan's victories, but they will try to claim a mandate anyway.
One thing most Dems kept in mind, but the GOP never really got, was that what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. What will the GOP say when Dems at some point win an election and start using all the cool Cheney intel toys to look up GOP digestive tracks? They will scream plenty, and I will just smile. Some people are so short-sighted, they will never understand the concept of blow-back...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Lol, just objectively watch the O'Reilly Factor? Sorry man, you just suicided your whole argument. I have watched his show. It is not possible for a man looking for fair and balanced reporting to remain objective while watching his show. The most "balanced" he's ever been, is when he simply tells his guests to "shut up" when he doesn't like what they have to say.

Remember the Malmedy debacle of Bill O's? Yeah, he handled that real gracefully didn't he. He tries to prove his point by claiming that American soldiers were responsible for the massacre of unarmed German soldiers, when in fact it was the Americans that were lined up and shot execution style. Even after being corrected by his own viewers, he goes on to do it again on another episode. Does he admit he's wrong? Does he apologize for disgracing these American soldiers' memories? No, instead he has his lies purged from the transcripts.

Olberman may have been out of line at times. I think it's laughable though, how the same accusations, even to a much more severe extent, are tossed in the direction of
Bill O'Reilly
, people actually defend him by saying "well he's an entertainer, Olberman is a newsperson". Basically, saying it's alright for my guy, but nobody else.

And this is what's wrong with our country. Olberman may have gone over the top, but his arguments were valid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join