It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann and Matthews dismissed as election anchors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
We all know how Drudge often reports the news before the MSM picks it up, beginning with his scoop of the Monica Lewinsky Story. Here is another scoop from Drudge on the backlash against Olbermann and Matthews for their extreme liberal bias supposedly disguised as mainstream news reporting.

Anyway, here is the article:

article

After months of accusations of political bias and simmering animosity between MSNBC and its parent network NBC, the channel decided over the weekend that the NBC News correspondent and MSNBC host David Gregory would anchor news coverage of the coming debates and election night. Mr. Olbermann and Mr. Matthews will remain as analysts during the coverage.

The change — which comes in the home stretch of the long election cycle — is a direct result of tensions associated with the channel’s perceived shift to the political left.

“The most disappointing shift is to see the partisan attitude move from prime time into what’s supposed to be straight news programming,” said Davidson Goldin, formerly the editorial director of MSNBC and a co-founder of the reputation management firm DolceGoldin.

I always read/watched MSNBC to get the other side's viewpoints. Guess I'll have to rely on the NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post and CNN for that from now on.

[edit on 9/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Not surprising. MSNBC is NBC's affiliation to Microsoft AKA Microsoft NBC.

Microsoft founder Bill Gates is a Utopian and his company is Liberal. You can watch recent interviews with Gates talking about New World Order concepts.

The world just doesn't work that way. He is a good example. His company stepped on so many smaller companies, stole applications and you name it. It's fine so long as he is in control. These type of people, Obama included, are all for this so long as they get to call the shots.

What if they weren't able to call the shots or be in control? Would they be for a New World Order then? Nope - because they don't want anyone else in control.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
LOL... I did the same after the Republican Convention. I would switch over to MSNBC just to see how the "left" would respond... and they did within minutes doing damage control and trying to mitigate any point made by the republican speakers.

It was very entertaining.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

If I am not mistaken, MS is pretty much out of the picture at MSNBC except for the name. MS and NBC about 2 years ago discussed the parting on good terms, if memory serves me right.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hi Pavil, could be though do not think it's formally happened. There are still strong ties there at most levels.

Until they remove the MS (Microsoft) from the site and all MSN related items, MS will be in bed with NBC.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
double post removed!

[edit on 7-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I think the end for these two extreme lefties posing as journalists was their recent on air fighting with Joe Scarborough. That's when Olberman broke in over top of what Scarborough was trying to say and said, "Jesus, Joe, why don't you get a shovel ..." (whatever that was supposed to mean).

Isn't that grounds for Webster's Dictionary to place Olberman's picture next to the phrase "pot calling the kettle black"? Maybe next to the word "hypocrite" would be more appropriate.

[edit on 9/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This was my favorite part of the quote:

The change — which comes in the home stretch of the long election cycle — is a direct result of tensions associated with the channel’s perceived shift to the political left.

Perceived shift? Do people think we are deaf, dumb and blind. Of course both Keith and Chris were basically shilling for Obama, they went out of their way to slam Hilliary Clinton every time she won a primary. It was quite disturbing having a news organization taking such support or a particular candidate to such a level. I wonder if Chris Matthews leg is still trembling from hearing Obama talk. The Clinton's won't forget the damage MSNBC did to their campaign.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Microsoft and NBC are stil "50/50" partners with regard to MSNBC.

December 23, 2005, that NBC Universal would purchase a majority stake in the television network, which left Microsoft with 18%. The two companies remain 50-50 partners in msnbc.com.

Source

It has Liberal written all over it.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This seems huge to me, I wonder what the real reason is.

Milllions of complaints after trashing, Palin?

It is like divine intervention.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I wonder if Chris Matthews leg is still trembling from hearing Obama talk. The Clinton's won't forget the damage MSNBC did to their campaign.

I wonder if Chris Matthews regrets how gay that remark of his was?

Yep, so much for just reporting the news as it happens.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I thought that the Olberman thing was only until football season started and he was moved onto Sunday Night Football. I don't watch much TV so I'm a bit in the dark on this one.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Awesome. Now the world can get more "Fair and Balanced" reporting from the likes of Fox News.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Awesome. Now the world can get more "Fair and Balanced" reporting from the likes of Fox News.

Was waiting for this comment, so thanks for stepping up with it!

So, it seems that you don't like Fox for being "biased".

But if MSNBC was also "biased" but you somehow thought that was OK ...

Wouldn't that qualify as being hypocritical?

You see for a level playing field, it either has to be both or none.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I stand corrected. I must have misunderstood the bit I was watching on it. I thought MS had moved to basically a "silent partner" kinda role.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

MSNBC is certainly a lot less biased than Fox. While the bias exists, it's nowhere near the right leaning bias of Fox. Can anyone come up with anything Olberman has reported, or even any of his commentary that is not based entirely on fact? Has he ever reported is opinion as factual News ala Bill O'Reilly?

As I see it, with Matthews and Olberman, the coverage was about as "fair and balanced" as it gets. They were certainly no farther to the left than the other networks are to the right. While it would be nice to live in a perfect world where every network shot it down the middle and let the viewers form opinions, sadly this is not the world we live in. Instead, far right, or far left commentators provide the opinions, the people simply tune into the channel that provides the particular flavor of BS that a particular viewer is capable of swallowing. My solution to this issue is to turn off the television. It's the only way there's anything "fair" and "balanced" on the damn thing.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The hypocracy that I see is Olberman being let go for being too far left when there is a network that is celebrated for being too far right.

I honestly don't care at this point. The whole "right vs left" insanity is just too ridiculous for me. Olberman is just as insane as Fox news.

For the sake of "fair and balanced" reporting, all main stream media should be taken off the air. They are all propaganda machines as far as I am concerned.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
For the sake of "fair and balanced" reporting, all main stream media should be taken off the air. They are all propaganda machines as far as I am concerned.

A star for you my friend. One can't trust any television network to report in a fair, balanced and non-biased manor. Doesn't happen.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Can anyone come up with anything Olberman has reported, or even any of his commentary that is not based entirely on fact? Has he ever reported is opinion as factual News ala Bill O'Reilly?

A common liberal talking point that is false, and here's why.

O'Reilly never tries to pass himself off as a news man. He calls himself an "entertainer". He also does try to show both sides. Example, his recent Obama interview and having Hillary on before that.

Contrast that with the likes of Olbermann, who is masquerading as an "impartial" news man - while he clearly isn't.

The left is clearly not in favor of free speech, or balanced reporting.

Again contrast the entertainers O'Reilly with Oprah. One has both sides on his show (O'Reilly) and one doesn't (Oprah).

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
The left is clearly not in favor of free speech, or balanced reporting.

Seriously... and the right is? Left, right, the problem is neither one of them are moving forward.

However, I'd be interested in a quote from O'Reilly labeling himself an "entertainer".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join