It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Grew up in Kansas! Well, according to Joe Biden anyhow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm even more confused now than I was before.. I thought Barack was born in Hawaii, now according to his running mate Joe Biden, he grew up in Kansas! Somebody forgot to do their homework.

“I promise you that people say to me, what’s Barack like? You know, what’s he like? I mean, what’s the deal Joe? I promise you, my word as a Biden, if Barack grew up in our neighborhood like he did in Kansas being raised by his grandparents, if he grew up here being raised by his grandparents, he’d have been our friend. He’d cover your back. He’d be the same guy who’d meet the standard. This was about nobody backs down in this neighborhood. Nobody backed down. And that’s Barack Obama.”

Full Article

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

30 Jan 2008

Barack Obama today took his presidential campaign to the rural Kansas town where his white mother grew up and declared: "We're family."

LOL Im sure that went over well...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
And Libs call John McCain senile.

Biden said Obama grew up with his Grandparents in Kansas. Fact is, his Grandparents never lived there.

It appears Obama's Mother has though.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

I thought this was pretty funny when I read it, especially considering all the flack the GOP got about Palin's vetting. Apparently Barack's VP running mate, doesn't even know where he's from!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
And Libs call John McCain senile.
You may be on to something there jetxnet, but I think Biden may have a few other problems as well..

[edit on 7-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

I promise you, my word as a Biden,

Are you kidding!! This one line alone is priceless! I spit my drink out on my keyboard and monitor. Damn you Lloyd!

I'm surprised he didn't say, "I give my word as a Kinnock... er I mean Biden."

Slate article

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

I think Joe likes to party hardy! You notice how he reaches for Michelle and she draws back, all the while Barack tries to hold on to her?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am still amazed Biden was picked for his VP, I really can't see what they were thinking.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think the youtube videos are hilarious!!!

Biden's comment about Obama growing up in Kansas was probably just a slip and he probably meant to say that it was Obama's mother that grew up there.

I'm going to give all of the candidates a pass on minor slips during their campaigns. I know they are under a lot of stress, are exhausted and I can't imagine that it's easy for any of them to keep all of their lies, er, I mean, stories, straight.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I think the youtube videos are hilarious!!!

Biden's comment about Obama growing up in Kansas was probably just a slip and he probably meant to say that it was Obama's mother that grew up there.

I'm going to give all of the candidates a pass on minor slips during their campaigns. I know they are under a lot of stress, are exhausted and I can't imagine that it's easy for any of them to keep all of their lies, er, I mean, stories, straight.

Jemison

It's pretty amazing how they keep track of all the BS they spout. I think Biden would do pretty well though, if he could just lay of the sauce, and avoid cameras for awhile.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yeah his mom lives in a town 30 miles to the west of Wichita Kansas called El Dorado.

Very nice lakeside town.

top topics

join