It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin is not Hillary.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Why are people oogling over Palin that much? We did not like Hillary just for her ovaries. Honestly. People need to start and wake up and question Palin over her past.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If it wasn't for Bill Clinton, nobody would even know who Hillary was.

Palin did it herself...the women's movement should be praising her...but they are not, because she is a conservative, and the women's movement can't stand women acheiving on their own. They did the same thing to Condi Rice.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
If it wasn't for Bill Clinton, nobody would even know who Hillary was.

Palin did it herself...the women's movement should be praising her...but they are not, because she is a conservative, and the women's movement can't stand women acheiving on their own. They did the same thing to Condi Rice.

SLEEZA is a fricking sociopath thats why...

Will your party have to destroy our county before you wake up?

Keep it up.

you'll see

[edit on 7-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Maybe if your party could actually construct compelling arguments rather than making up cute rhyming chants and calling people names, less people would look down on Democrats.

On topic, Palin is not Hillary. Thank God.

Hillary rode her husband's coat tails, and when she made it into the spotlights, she royally screwed up at every turn. Her abrasive personality made people immediately dislike her. Her attempt to take over the health care system having zero experience in health care spurred the Republican Revolution of 1994.

Hillary is probably one of the least liked women in America because she comes across as conniving, dishonest, bitter, and angry. Hillary, with all her national exposure and a lifetime of connections in the Democratic party, LOST to a first-term relatively unknown Senator.

Sarah Palin on the other hand may be the exact opposite of Hillary. She is real, not contrived. Whether you agree with her beliefs or not, you know she believes what she says. I.e., she's genuine, much like Ronald Reagan was. She's not going to run focus groups or triangulate just to get a political edge.

Palin also believes that WE are the solution to our own problems, not the government. She believes that the American people know better how to spend their own money than Washington. She believes in doing what she thinks is right, not just kissing up to the Party to get ahead.

People love Sarah Palin. Why? Because she genuinely started into politics from the position of wanting to make things better for her community. Hillary got into politics because she dreamed of being the first woman POTUS. People are smart enough to see who's real and who's not.

And it has zero to do with either's gender.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Condoleeza Rice is a brilliant and refined woman who has served her nation impeccably.

Any effort to discredit her personally or professionally only reflects negatively on those who make such an effort.

[edit on 2008/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I should also say that I didn't insult her. That wasn't me, just, another user.

I don't like Palin. I respected Hillary Clinton but I don't know where Palin stands. That's why I don't feel that she should be treated the same way Hillary was.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I don't like Palin. I respected Hillary Clinton but I don't know where Palin stands. That's why I don't feel that she should be treated the same way Hillary was.

How could you not know where Palin stands? And what specific "treatment" are you referring to?

Palin's life story is inspiring. She started with no money, no connections, and a basic education and she became Governor of Alaska.

Palin's son is serving in Iraq.
Hillary's daughter is "serving" at a NY hedge fund.

If character matters at all, how could you not like Palin compared to Hillary?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Palin was vetted in by John Mccain. John Mccain could have chosen other people more qualified than Palin who are more educated than her. She is a conservative and I didn't see her talk about real issues in her speech. She just attacked Obama and felt he was out of touch with American families when that is exactly who Obama has been fighting for.

Why Palin isn't Hillary? Hillary Clinton was the first lady of Bill Clinton. Hillary Clinton advised President Bill Clinton one of the greatest Presidents of all time during his 8 years as his wife. Hillary Clinton didn't just get put into the race. Hillary Clinton was a senator of New York. She has had real responsibility. Palin is against abortion. She is about as anti-Hillary as you can get.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35 John Mccain could have chosen other people more qualified than Palin who are more educated than her.

I disagree. Sarah Palin has shown that John McCain made the BEST choice he could possibly have made. His choice of Palin was the equivalent of throwing a 98-yard touchdown pass on 3rd and 17.

She is a conservative and I didn't see her talk about real issues in her speech. She just attacked Obama and felt he was out of touch with American families when that is exactly who Obama has been fighting for.

These lines read like Democratic talking points. Palin talked about the most important "issue" in this election. John McCain has spent his entire adult life serving his country and like Hillary said, is prepared to be POTUS and take that 3:00 am call.

And by the way, what evidence do you have that Obama ever fought for anybody? Like Palin said, of the candidates in this election, McCain is the only one to ever fight for his fellow countrymen and women.

Why Palin isn't Hillary? She is about as anti-Hillary as you can get.

Yes, that's the point. Palin is about as anti-Hillary as you can get.

Hillary lost. Not even the Democrats wanted Hillary.

Put 2+2 together and figure out the end of this story. Palin is opposite of Hillary. Hillary lost because people don't like her. Figure out the end of this story.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I disagree. Sarah Palin has shown that John McCain made the BEST choice he could possibly have made. His choice of Palin was the equivalent of throwing a 98-yard touchdown pass on 3rd and 17.

If you're a conservative sure...

These lines read like Democratic talking points. Palin talked about the most important "issue" in this election. John McCain has spent his entire adult life serving his country and like Hillary said, is prepared to be POTUS and take that 3:00 am call.

And that is? Obama has been talking about issues this entire time and Palin just talked about one? Did you see through the lies Palin told about Obama? No of course you didn't. You just were in awe of her looks and were charmed by her.

And by the way, what evidence do you have that Obama ever fought for anybody? Like Palin said, of the candidates in this election, McCain is the only one to ever fight for his fellow countrymen and women.

Obama has been fighting for change for the middle class. Obama wants a change from the Bush administration. What makes you think that the Republican party will fight for anyone after the last 8 years?

Why Palin isn't Hillary? She is about as anti-Hillary as you can get.

Yes, that's the point. Palin is about as anti-Hillary as you can get.

Hillary lost. Not even the Democrats wanted Hillary.

Put 2+2 together and figure out the end of this story. Palin is opposite of Hillary. Hillary lost because people don't like her. Figure out the end of this story.

You misunderstand me. I don't like Palin because her views are polar opposite of Hillary.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Palin's having a son who is serving in Iraq is only important in that it separates her from the stereotype that politicians' children don't go to war and that she is not immune to the tragedies of warfare. I think that is important and many other might also.

However, the fact that Chelsea does not serve in the military is inconsequential. If military service were an expectation in our society as it rightfully should be, it would be important, but our nation has taken a different course.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Palin's having a son who is serving in Iraq is only important in that it separates her from the stereotype that politicians' children don't go to war and that she is not immune to the tragedies of warfare. I think that is important and many other might also.

However, the fact that Chelsea does not serve in the military is inconsequential. If military service were an expectation in our society as it rightfully should be, it would be important, but our nation has taken a different course.

Yeah, I know. You're 100% right.

I just couldn't resist making the comparison.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You misunderstand me. I don't like Palin because her views are polar opposite of Hillary.

No, I understand you perfectly. You made it very clear you don't like Palin.

What you might or might not understand is that you are in the minority. Sarah Palin single-handedly put life back into the conservative base of the Republican party. McCain is now leading in today's polls whereas he was behind a week ago.

Most people dislike Hillary. Hillary is opposite of Palin. Therefore, most people will LIKE Palin.

As it says in the OP:

Palin is not Hillary. Hillary Lost. Therefore, Palin Wins.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I don't know what polls you're looking at but the polls that I've seen are fairly close. Only one poll has John Mccain up by 10 points. Here is a site I use to keep track of polls.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Most of these polls have them fairly close. It's pretty much more or less the same as it was before the conventions. I'd say that the conventions cancelled each other out.

Palin is not Hillary, what I mean by that, is that she should not be talked about as if she were (I.E people comparing her to Hillary because she's a Women).

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Palin is not Hillary, what I mean by that, is that she should not be talked about as if she were (I.E people comparing her to Hillary because she's a Women).

Yeah, right. I agree. Obviously they are both women, and they are both attempting to accomplish what no woman has yet to achieve. Both have faced a very cruel and often misogynistic opposition. The comparison probably ends there.

Palin wants lower taxes and less government regulation, and wants to access the oil and natural gas in Alaska to help accelerate our independence from foreign oil. I don't think Hillary wanted any of these things.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Hillary would want alternative sources of energy. The solution to the current energy crisis with oil is not to drill more oil. Might I remind you of Al Gore's challenge? I don't see how a smaller government would make things any better or worse. The Republican, the party of smaller government, has been in charge of the government for a really long time, and I don't think they have done much. Also, why would you want lower taxes? Lower taxes=less tax revenue for the government.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Frank, Did you just ask Jamie why he would like lower taxes?
Lol, did I read that right? I was enjoying Jamie's replies to you but, I think a question like that will be a very interesting answer lol!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Edit to add...
Just in case that question was serious I will answer from my perspective.
I would like lower taxes because they are cheaper lol!
Too funny a question that.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hillary would want alternative sources of energy.

So does Palin. That's something else they have in common.

The solution to the current energy crisis with oil is not to drill more oil.

I know that's a key Democratic talking point, but honestly, just read it again. It's really a dumb talking point. The energy crisis with oil is not having enough oil. Drilling more oil would give us more oil. It might not solve the problem entirely, but it certainly is going to be a move in the right direction.

Might I remind you of Al Gore's challenge?

Why?

Also, why would you want lower taxes? Lower taxes=less tax revenue for the government.

That is incorrect. When the tax rates were lowered, the government had an increase in tax revenue. And I would want lower taxes because I think the U.S. is better off with its citizens deciding how to spend their own money instead of Washington bureaucrats.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Hillary would want alternative sources of energy.

So does Palin. That's something else they have in common.

Really? Where does she say this?

The solution to the current energy crisis with oil is not to drill more oil.

I know that's a key Democratic talking point, but honestly, just read it again. It's really a dumb talking point. The energy crisis with oil is not having enough oil. Drilling more oil would give us more oil. It might not solve the problem entirely, but it certainly is going to be a move in the right direction.
It's not a dumb talking point. I want you to reread what you just said. It's been a talking point throughout the media even before the majority of Democrats like myself championed it.

Check out this article on how our fossil fuel supplies are running low, if you think that we need to drill more oil you're mistaken:
edition.cnn.com...

Might I remind you of Al Gore's challenge?

Why?

Because apparently its message didn't get to you. Here it is:
www.npr.org...

Also, why would you want lower taxes? Lower taxes=less tax revenue for the government.

That is incorrect. When the tax rates were lowered, the government had an increase in tax revenue. And I would want lower taxes because I think the U.S. is better off with its citizens deciding how to spend their own money instead of Washington bureaucrats.

Maybe your opinion of Washington has been lowered so much by the Bush administration and the previous administrations that your standards of the government has been really just lowered too much. That's why I believe in Obama. I believe he can bring change. It might not be an immediate change, but, if elected, I believe that Barack Obama will bring changes in place that will bring about a miraculous turn of events in this country and put us in the right path.

new topics

top topics

join