It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's First Interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Palin to Sit Down with ABC New's Charlie Gibson

It will be an exciting interview for the voters, that's for sure. I wonder how it will go. Will Gibson be easy on her? Will she show that she knows what she's getting into? Will she appear sarcastic and mocking?

ABC News did not release details of when the interview would take place.

For now, according to Obama insiders, the Obama campaign, fearing a backlash, will not ask surrogates including Hillary Clinton to launch an all-out bashing of Palin. Instead, the Obama campaign will aim its heaviest artillery at McCain while waiting and hoping that Sarah Palin makes a mistake.

Associated Press

Palin will sit down for multiple interviews with Gibson in Alaska over two days, most likely Thursday and Friday, said McCain adviser Mark Salter.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I would expect a cordial, productive interview. For one, Gibson is typically fair, but also, I'm sure that he knows if he goes out of his way to embarass her, that it will be his only interview with her and perhaps his network's as well. He won't do that.

As for Palin, I definitely would not expect her to be sarcastic or mocking and I don't really think she has been. Those much-deserved jabs she threw at the media were directly a result of the attacks on her family and were her way of saying 'back off'. I would expect a more typical interview with Sarah Palin (and there are tons of them online for comparison), where she has a very relaxed, engaging and personable conversational style. She'll handle it just fine.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well I will not put my hopes very high in this interviews or that the interview will bring the true nature of Ms palin, taking into consideration that the interviews now a days with political figures are not spontaneous or improvised anymore.

The trend now is that the politicians have before hand all the question that will be asked.

So I really don't care to hear what she has to say if she is to follow the trend.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just as a bit of added information, CSPAN is currently airing one of the many debates from her 2006 run for Governor, if you want an idea of how she handles that type of environment. One of her opponents was a former 8 year governor of the state himself.

I believe it is set to re-air at 9:30pm ET tonight and 12:30am very early tomorrow morning.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wonder if she will discuss the success of the Bush presidency, since the Iraq War is "God's work".

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Definitely should be a good interview. I wonder if she'll say a decision on a major issue is "above her pay grade"?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
Definitely should be a good interview. I wonder if she'll say a decision on a major issue is "above her pay grade"?

I am sure any foot-in-mouth response of hers will be for the prospect of a higher pay-grade.

Just wait for the VP debates, Biden will destroy her. And I am not saying that because I am an "liberal", but, rather, because I am a fan of the rhetorical tradition. Biden has greater logos that Palin for certain.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think Biden is going to have a serious case of foot in mouth during their debate. Probably a sexist, or some other dumba$$ remark. He is way too overrated considering his lack of intelligence.

top topics

join