It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever had visions during meditation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Have any of you?
One time, i was meditating and was in a deeper state than i ever had been in before.
My mind was completely clear, then several images blasted forth into my mind.
I am usually a forgetful person, but this has remained CRYSTAL clear in my mind. From time to time, i replayed it to keep it fresh. Anyway, here goes.

It was in a wooded area, maybe in early summer/spring. Dedicious trees all around. There was a faint breeze. A stream with a fast current but a silky smooth surface flowed down through the forest.
There was a corpse floating downstream. It was a woman, shortish blonde hair, pretty good looking. Maybe mid to late 20s. Then i saw a man, possibly the same age. He had blond hair as well, short, slicked back, kind of spiky in the back. He was standing above the stream atop a small rockfall.
I thought i had just been remembering this from a movie, and i may have been, but i racked my brain. No memories that even closely matched.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
may i ask you a question do you have a fear of water if the answer is yes then maybe ask your self was it a past life experience............... and yes i get visions in meditation and am sure that lots of others do to

namaste

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
no. i LOVE water. Swimming, boating etc.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well Hello,

So in America we doubt first and find fault later (truth is ever ignored) - that being said, I am sure many, many more inusurectors will be forthcoming.

REmote viewing is what you may be experiencing - But that said really means nothing unless you know why or how.

But then you state it is same and "delicious" that leads me to another objective which says you are a "liar". OH my bad - should not voiced that.

Anyway your "vision" or dream is not unlike most yet it bears a striking similarity to many others.

You the hapless watcher who expects a loving, wholesome existence beyond this realm (a s we know it), but is tempered by the lack of invasion of the "eden" we expect.

Coo your senses and see that which around you abides And in that find the heart and "soul" to amend your paradise.

Free yourself and Free All.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i said dedicious, not delicious, meaning leaf bearing trees

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

Too funny!

Yes, I have had "visions" while meditating. It does make you wonder if what you "see" is actually real or not. So far, I have not answered that question.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What you are experiencing is not remote viewing, not at all. Remote viewing is much different, its like looking at a picture, flat and hard to tell depth, not like your actually there. What your experiencing is hypnogenic hallucinations, when your in that state it is very easy to enter into a lucid dream or OBE.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by philosopherrose

Agreed. I too have had visions in my meditations, and I have sought to discover their true nature. Perhaps they are just daydreams or memories of some kind. Perhaps they are more.

I encourage anyone who such visions to explore the idea more though. For me, meditation is about finding my way through the jumbled thoughts and memories that accumulate in my mind and finding a sense of clarity when I feel only confusion or uncertainty.

I've experienced dreams that could be labeled as clairvoyant but none of these experiences have come during my meditation. I do not believe it is impossible to have such things happen during meditation though.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Forget visions, if I get in a deep enough state, I can Hear, smell, taste, and feel the place I've drifted to. It's happened on 2 occasions in my life when I was trying to focus on people who meant a lot to me (2 ex GF's).

The first one I even came out of my meditative state soaking wet from the rain I saw in my vision. The second vision was a connection to another person in deep meditation, and although we were 2000 miles apart at the time, we were together in this meditative state and holding hands, kissing, and a few other secrets i won't divulge... But we both could FEEL each other's touch as we continued our focus.

I blacked out for 2 1/2 hours (I have no recollection of what happened during this time) after vision #2 and have not since gone that deep in meditation, fearing what I might see/experience next.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

Yes. I've studied hypnosis, and found that each of us learns in different ways, i.e. visually, auditorially, etc. If you are meditating, chance are you will receive information in the best form condusive to your learning style.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Could anyone direct me to a good tutorial to this deep meditation you all are refering to? Everyone just says "clear your mind"...ok, but how?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have had a couple of experiences with visions as well. When I say "visions", I mean intense mental-movies that come unbidden into my mind. However, when I get to a certain state in meditation I can begin thinking of anything and begin experiencing that thought immediately and very intensely as if I were there. Whether or not the "visions" are actually visions and not hallucinations remain to be seen. Regardless, they are truly awesome.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I recently (within the last year) began to meditate. The peace and calm came easily to me. So I have continued, and will continue to the end. Once I found I could reach my "Alpha" almost without effort I began to mentally restructure my psyche. Much like one of those subliminal feel good audio CDs.

Now I fast forward to just about 2 months ago. After about a year of successful meditation I began to hear and feel as though I was being observed by more than one "being". To this day I don't know who they are but I have had an interesting experience with one of the three of these folks. She appeared to me as a frighteningly disgusting demon. My best description would be a very tall being much like the alien in the Predator movies. At first I did not know she was a she, and this thing said to me "do you fear me?" I of course being the the master of my mind envisioned myself in fully armored gear of a Knight of old, and I responded "never". What happened next was quite humbling as I was easily picked up and forced to the ground without any movement on the part of this being.
I then laughed and said "perhaps I have underestimated your abilities" then I said something really weird "if I had magic I could defeat you". Just as I spoke the words this being pulled out from somewhere a little device that I can only describe as a golden aspen leaf-like brooch, and touched me on the forehead with it. I instantly felt something that I cannot explain.

The being then turned and left my field of vision. I got to my feet and went after it. Once I caught up I didn't see the demon, this being had shifted it's shape and was now a beautiful woman. As I approached I noticed she was sobbing uncontrollably. She apologized to me and said she had to go back, that they would be expecting her. We stood there in an embrace for a long time. She said many things to me giving me the impression that she had broken the rules, but she had to.

As I lifted myself from my meditation I could hear the others she spoke of- talking about me as if I couldn't hear them. They said "what does she see in him?" and the other responded with "why does she love him so?"

I know, I know I'm crazy hehhaha woooo!! I assure you that I had this experience but am not sure what it means.

Onto vision 2.... sometime later during a meditation I was trying methods of self healing. I have a skin disease that creates some esteem problems for me, I'm not a leper, but in today's society of vanity I might as well be.
So as I was doing my thing I got the feeling someone was observing me (this happens to me a lot) so I figured I would ask them a favor. I said "heal me, please- heal me", I didn't expect a response but I got one. This obviously masculine being appeared to me and stated rather sternly "If I did then you would die- all things are happening as they should. Soon you will understand"

poof I'm literally booted out of my alpha and I was actually unable to return for several weeks...

sorry if this doesn't really fit the type of vision you were asking about.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You actually don't sound crazy at all...I have experienced siilar things through Astral Projection. But does anyone have any good techniques for deep meditation?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Bump.

I had a recent experience during deep meditation, I was travelling through clouds and watched the Earth spinning. The truly amazing event was this - I finished by sitting under the clouds watching the moon in the sky.

So exhilarating, and it is worth paying attention to any visions. Other experiences of mine including walking the desert and see light erupting out of a tower.

Words cannot explain, comprehend or allocate any feelings or meanings to it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sobek52
Have any of you?
One time, i was meditating and was in a deeper state than i ever had been in before.
My mind was completely clear, then several images blasted forth into my mind.

I started to practice meditation approximately 8 months ago without reading about techniques etc but just because I wanted to give it a try. It felt right.

The first thing that began to happen to me after a good 5 or 6 months was that I began experiencing tremendous pain in my head while meditating. Have a read here for more info, be sure to read all the comments and its not too long.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After solving this problem and being able to medidate without disturbance. I am now experiencing something that I can only describe as a daydreamlike state of knowing with certain things and also when touching things I can see everything about them until i have touched it. I created a thread on this and will link it below but my main reason for this is that I think it might possibly be similar in terms of visions etc. I am always looking for anyone experiencing this type of thing as I am trying to figure it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have not recieved a vision during meditation like you describe but I can relate to what you are speaking of and this started for me when I began meditation. Anything I have during meditation I usually put down to imagination but I am a challenged sceptic if that makes sense.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This the only vision I've ever experienced while meditating was a couple weeks ago. And it was was several months ago I had my Kundalini awakening. And I didn't meditate for the longest time due to the chaotic nature and the phase I was going through.

Then I decided to meditate for the first time since then...I had gotten off work after a long day and felt I was ready to meditate again.

During my meditation I was going through a trance like state...I wasn't sure if I was awake or asleep. What happened next was something I've never seen before...

I saw a hazy glow of indigo...which kept getting stronger and brighter...

The next thing I knew it became a swirling yellowish/white vortex...

It was amazing...like pure spinning energy...I was in awe, however being a new experience I was startled and my body began to heat up.

And then I just snapped out of my meditation....it was unreal.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
hi there,

yes. i started meditating maybe 8 months ago now and one evening during meditation i had a very clear vision of a man standing on a beach throwing a stick to a golden retriever dog!

still dont know what it means though!!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rezial666

Sorry, I understood every single word of that post, but the way you crafted the words together made it all totally meaningless.

Loads of flowery style, but zero substance...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I was working as a breakdown recovery driver a few years ago. I used to do 12 hour shifts on-call, and while waiting for a call-out, I was in deep meditation in the bath.
I had a short sharp vision of an old yellow sports car. An hour later, I recieved a call to recover a broken down yellow Morgan.
I have had another similar incident, when I had been learning meditation from books, and I really felt the need to meet someone with some experience in the field. I made my request during a deep meditation, and a short time later I recieved a call to recover a lady in a Saab, who had very strangely mounted one of her front wheels on a 3 foot wall in a Sainsbury's car park. I have no idea how she managed it, and I dont think I could do that if I tried.
Anyway, while transporting her car to the local garage, we were chatting away, as recovery drivers do, and it turns out she was very spiritual, and she gave me some advice, plus the number of a medium who she visited often.
Even stranger, was when I phoned the medium and made an appointment for a reading. We had a long chat on the phone, and I told her I was a Rosicrucian, which she seemed a bit concerned about. Then, the day I was due to go for my reading, I recieved a phone call from her, cancelling my appointment, whithout giving a reason, and not returning my phone calls when I phoned back later for another appointment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join