It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 steps to ending the second ammendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Barrack Obama's Ten Point Plan to "Change" The Second Ammendment

1) Ban use of firearms for home defense
2) Pass Federal laws eliminating your right to bear arms
3) Ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns
4) Close down 90% of the gun shops in America
5) Ban rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sports shooting.
6) Increase federal taxes on guns and ammunition by 500%.
7) Restore voting rights for five million criminals including those who have been convicted of using a gun to commit a violent crime.
8) Expand the Clinton semi-auto ban to include millions more firearms.
9) Mandate a government-issued liscense to purchase a firearm.
10) Appoint judges to the U.S. Supreme Court and Federal Judiciary who share his views on the Second Ammendment.

www.topix.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I saw this in my American Rifleman this month.

Too bad it's completely false, I am actually considering giving up my NRA membership in response to this deliberately deceptive campaign.

Let's start with item 1: Ban use of firearms for home defense

Really?!?!

Let's see what Obama actually says about the Second Amendment, from his response to the recent Heller decision from the US Supreme Court:

I have always believed that the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to bear arms, but I also identify with the need for crime-ravaged communities to save their children from the violence that plagues our streets through common-sense, effective safety measures. The Supreme Court has now endorsed that view, and while it ruled that the D.C. gun ban went too far, Justice Scalia himself acknowledged that this right is not absolute and subject to reasonable regulations enacted by local communities to keep their streets safe. Today’s ruling, the first clear statement on this issue in 127 years, will provide much-needed guidance to local jurisdictions across the country.

As President, I will uphold the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun-owners, hunters, and sportsmen. I know that what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact common-sense laws, like closing the gun show loophole and improving our background check system, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals. Today's decision reinforces that if we act responsibly, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe.

So despite the BS campaign, Obama both explicitly endorses the right to bear arms, and by agreeing with the Court in the Heller decision, explicitly rejects handgun bans.

While Obama's record on gun rights is not perfect IMO, the idea that he intends to ban private possession of firearms is clearly a lie.

[edit on 9/7/08 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

The part that concerns me is: "Justice Scalia himself acknowledged that this right is not absolute and subject to reasonable regulations..."

The Second Amendment says:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The US Code defines militia as:

TITLE 10, Subtitle A, PART I, CHAPTER 13, § 311

§ 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

So any male 17 to 45 is part of the unorganized militia, and if we remove sex and age discrimination...

Every citizen able to carry a weapon, 17 years of age and older, is a part of the unorganized militia.

Be all this as it may, maintaining a militia is an EXAMPLE of why the right to bear arms is our right. Justice Scalia is saying (and Obama, by quoting him) that the right - which the amendment says shall not be infringed - should be infringed.

And the amendment points out that an armed (unorganized) militia is necessary to the security of a free state.

Once infringement of any kind takes place, we can no longer secure a FREE state.

So I am worried about both parties - being as they clearly are a two-headed counterfeit coin being thrust into our collective hand, the purchase of which is only one thing: NWO.

Vote Ron Paul.

join