It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brady goes down with knee injury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Tom Brady went down in the first quarter of the NE-KC game with a left knee injury, and now in the 4th quarter it has been announced he will not return to game action today.

Matt Cassel is doing an adequate job as backup QB, but this could be bad news for NE's season.

With 12 minutes left in the 4th, NE leads 14-10.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Tom Brady went down in the first quarter of the NE-KC game with a left knee injury, and now in the 4th quarter it has been announced he will not return to game action today.

Matt Cassel is doing an adequate job as backup QB, but this could be bad news for NE's season.

With 12 minutes left in the 4th, NE leads 14-10.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....he's my starting QB in the ATS fantasy football comp

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Sry Oz...

That hurts...

Injuries KILL YOU in FF...

Brady was probaly your 1st pick too... Just hope its only a 1 game thing...

I need Brady in there to feed Moss...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Sry Oz...

That hurts...

Injuries KILL YOU in FF...

Brady was probaly your 1st pick too... Just hope its only a 1 game thing...

I need Brady in there to feed Moss...

I am spewing......ive dropped from a predicted 99 point week to a 64 point week....and my opponent has 66 points at the moment

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

FF is a LONG season...

Even if you lose the first game, you can still do good...

Just hope Brady isnt out for too long... and get a good Back-up QB to use UNTIL he is back to normal...

Injures are the BIGGEST thing in FF...

Because you have to do everything BEFORE the game... once the game starts, your roster is set..

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Just hope Brady isnt out for too long... and get a good Back-up QB to use UNTIL he is back to normal...

Well I do have Phillip Rivers as a backup so thats some good news, I guess Brady wil go to the injured reserve list time out pending. Will have to accept that this wekk is a lost cause though

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Rivers is a good backup...

You should be fine...

Dont start Brady until you see him go thru a WHOLE game...
Nothing is worse then having an injured player...

ProtoFox started Willis Mcgahee, and he was scratched RIGHT before kickoff...

Injures SUCK

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If it's any consolation, he walked off the field with help. Still waiting for an injury update.

Pats won, 17-10.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Nice that the Pats won...

But the Cheifs are SUPER-BAD...

wont be so easy nice time...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Did I just hear that the Jets are the favorite to win the division?

Favre fans rejoice!

(Joking)

As much as I hate Brady, (I typically prefer the Colts & Manning in their head to head match ups) I'd hate to see him go down in an injury. He's great for the game.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The next 2 weeks NE plays the Jets and Miami. Winnable games by Cassel and the defense, then their bye week. The early bye could work out to the Pat's advantage.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
**Update**
Brady's knee injury reportedly to end his season

(MSNBC)(NBCSports)-FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Tom Brady screamed. The fans went quiet.
The seemingly indestructible star of the New England Patriots lay on the ground, clutching his left knee. The NFL’s reigning MVP and three-time Super Bowl champion was done for the day — at least. Yahoo! Sports later reported that Brady's injury is severe enough to knock him out for the year.

nbcsports.msnbc.com...

Im by no means a Patriots fan,but an injury of this magnitude,is a sad sight.Not the way I wanted to see the Patriots crash and burn this year.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

what...

End of his season...

OMG..

Thats terrible...

Talk about a Super Bowl Hangover...

Is Cassel the Next Brady... Better hope so...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i say karma for the spygate cheating

dallas all the way

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I heard reports that New England will be contacting Chris Simms as a possible replacement, he and Cassel will battle for the job.

My own speculation would be that you may see Duante Culpepper in New England soon. He went unsigned because he wanted a chance to start. Remember he and Moss know each other well and they put up some great numbers in Minnesota together.

I also just heard that Vince Young has a torn MCL and may miss the rest of the season as well.

Tough opening day all around.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

DOnt forget, Moss and Culpper Stunk it up together in Oakland, if i remember correctly...

I think having Vince Young hurt HELPS the Titans...

Kerry Collins can be a GREAT QB... an ego-maniac, but he can lead an offense...

The Titans are better off then the Pats...

You realy have to feel for the Pats...
It might be Karma, but, the football gods already paid the pats back for spygate... Dont you remember the Giants 4th-string WR catching a pass with his helmet?

How much karma do they need to get hurt with...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I really find it hard to feel sorry for Belichick and Bob Craft, lord knows they have had their success. The Pats as a team are getting pretty up there in age, maybe time to revamp. If nothing else this will show how good Tom Brady really is. It is a shame that he wont be out there this year, it is a definite loss for the fans.

I dont think Cassel is going to do so well, but they are in the weakest division in the AFC so maybe they still make the payoffs. The team is still loaded with players so who knows.

I sort of agree about Vince Young, although he is a lot of fun to watch. I watched Collins quite a bit when he was down here in NC. He is capable but he wont have much to work with as far as wide outs go. The Titan defense is great and they can run pretty well. VY always finds a way to win, they will miss his leadership more than anything.

Im getting geared up for tomorrow night, my Vikes are going to Lambeu on MNF minus Bryant Mckinney at left tackle. I am very excited to see Peterson run again, also cant wait to see if Jared Allen was worth all of that money.

I hope he gets at least one good shot at Aaron Rodgers. That poor kid picked a mean defense to go against for his first real start, as if it wouldnt be bad enough already it is on Monday night.

Skol Vikings !! :w: heres to Tarvaris not screwing up

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beastamerica

I think it's personal karma for dumping the mother of his child for that Brazilian Bimbo.

We will know the extent of his injury today. One source says is my be a torn MCL which, while bad enough, is not as serious as an ACL in that it can heal without requiring surgery.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As a Patriots fan this hurts. Before he got hurt it looked like adults playing with kids. Brady was picking apart the Chiefs defense. I don't think the hit was cheap at all, its just football.

So it appears that Brady will be out for the season, and losing the best player in football is never a good thing. But the Patriots still have the best coach in football, and a team with a lot of talent. There will not becoming out in the shotgun with 5 wides anymore. They will switch their offense to their running game. They have two explosive backs in Maroney and Morris. That they are going to rely on.

They are not going undefeated this year, but they will still win enough games to get into the playoffs. The Patriots always seems to thrive when people think they are done.

Its going to take a few weeks for them to get adjusted without Brady, making next week division game with the Jets a tough one.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
UPDATE

Brady has been diagnosed with a torn ACL *and* MCL. Recovery time is 9 months, if all goes well.

Meanwhile, the Pats signed Guiterrez to the practice squad. He did well in the preseason, imo.

top topics

join