It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Plea To Anyone Who Supports War On Terror/Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
That, IMHO, is proof that mind control is not only a reality, but is extremely powerful.

Its true, there is honestly mind controled people threw and threw! Its extreamly powerful and very dangerous!

The people who work and live a regular day to day life will defend and go to great lenghts to defend those making these choices of war.

Im perplexed how normal everyday folks can be so trusting of those in power. I would think threw history we would have learned something by now.

Yet here is your average mind controled American.

Thus its why I keep my head down at this point in my life.
I go about my days because I truely know that I do not know whats really going on in this world.

So many years I have spent trying to learn and understand. Then just when I think I have it figured out, I learn that I dont know as much as I once thought I knew!

Those in power are extreamly crafty, and will go to any lenght to fool and manipulate the world in which they wish to control.

If you want to support an illegal war, and defend those in power than its fine by me. I know where I stand and I know my feelings.
Thats all I really need. Because at the end of the day I know in my heart I dont have a clue. while others feel they are on the up and up.

Its all mind control to feel you are in the know.. When truely none of us will know whats going on over there. Unless you are there, you dont know the scope of it all.

So much death, and so many people are killed daily. People who are like you and me, and live day to day just to feed their family are killed because our leaders want to bring peace..
Its just maddness..

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

one time I tried to talk some sense into them.. I failed. And ended up almost getting into a fist fight because of how I feel.

I think what you are seeing is the classic "rah team" you see at football games. Blind loyalty to your "team". I wonder if the sports games and "team/school spirit" taught at schools is not for just this reason. To cultivate and instill the blind unreasoning loyalty to YOUR team.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I will agree that they didn't fully understand what they were getting themselves into until it was too late. Sounds very similar to our invasion of Iraq. But I have to disagree with your analysis concerning warm weather ports and oil. Those reasons came from the US to villainize the Soviet Union and to gather support for the Afghanistan rebels...who later attacked us.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Support the Troops: Bring them Home
Its time to End the myth that oppostion to is a betrayal of our soliders.

The resoultion passed by the house of representatives of Feb. 16, expressing disapprolavl of presiden Bush's "surge" in trouops for the war in Iraq, is only 69 words long, and even of these, the disapproval itself takes only 27 words. It's Point 2. Point 1, a luquacious 32 words, is an expression of approval for the troops.
It appears that any expression of disapproval for the war in Iraq has to be accompanied, if not preceded, by a declaration of support for the troops. Barack Obama has apologized several times over for what would seem to anyone unfamiliar with the rituals and requirements of U.S politics to be farly touching tribue to "over 3,000 lives of the bravest young Americans wasted" in Iraq. Unlike many, Obama has opposed this war since the beginning. Wasted is a strong word but not an inaccurate one if you belive the war is wrong. There is something backward here. Congressional opponents of the Iraq war are "supporting the toops" in the best possible way: By trying to bring them home to safety and their families. It is those who want to send even more troops to Iraq who should feel defensive about their support for the troops. Some of those troops are on their third tour of duty in Iraq, and I suspect That few of them are pleased to be there. Maybe, as Bush and his advisers no doubt sincerely belive, the drip, drip, drip of young American blood is worth it.
Maybe the critics underestimate the peril of pulling out. Maybe the "surge" will turn out to be a huge success and vindicate Bush's strategy. But please, let's not pretend that staying the course is a favor to the troops!

I will write more later...
Part 1 of 2 parts...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My friend, you will never understand our war in Iraq until you are finally told the whole truth about the real enemy that the free world is fighting. Once you fully understand who it is that is attacking America and the free world then, and only then, will you be able to support the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the next possible war in Iran.

The real enemy that we are fighting in the Middle-East is the religion of Islam itself. This is the essential point that most people across the entire globe do not understand. They do not understand this because the media is purposefully avoiding telling them about the true nature of Islam. However, history itself, provides the absolutely incontrovertible, and most importantly, completely accurate view of Islam and who it is that we are really fighting.

A long time ago, at the very birth of our country, a very important and revealing chain of events took place that revealed the true beliefs and the true nature of Islam concerning America, Europe, and other Christian societies. This chain of events was known as the Barbary Coast Wars. The history books use the term, “piracy”, but what really happened was Islamic, religious based terrorism against all Christians on the high seas.

In short, as soon as America had gained its independence from England, Muslims began committing acts of war and terrorism against American civilians all over the world. These Muslims were called “pirates” but were fully supported and controlled by the Islamic governments of the countries that they operated in. It was the first account of state-sponsored, Islamic terrorism against the United States of America and its civilians. This happened because American civilian ships were no longer being protected by England after America gained its independence. The Islamic terrorists wasted no time is seizing upon the opportunity to commit the most unspeakable acts of violence upon American civilians on the high seas and elsewhere. For many years, the United Stated attempted to pay off these terrorists in order to keep our civilians safe from Muslims. Eventually, a very important encounter happened that tells us about the true nature of Islam and who we are still facing today.

In 1786, two of the founding fathers of our country, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, went to negotiate with the government envoy of Tripoli, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman. They inquired “concerning the ground of the pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury”, the ambassador said this in reply:

“It is written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave, and that every Muslim man who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemies ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth, which usually struck “TERROR” into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once.”

Fifteen years later, after Thomas Jefferson became president, our country finally decided to put an end to this terrorism against it citizens by the only means left to them, war. The war was the very reason that the United States Navy was resurrected after the American Revolution. For a standing Army or Navy was still considered by many to be tool of tyranny by government. But the unceasing Islamic terrorism that American civilians faced around the world proved that only the creation of a standing military could adequately combat the real threat of global Islamic terrorism.

The very first war that America fought after gaining its independence from England was a war against Islamic terrorism against American civilians in the Mediterranean. And we have been fighting the global war on terror ever since at various times and places in our history. Most Americans do not know this fact. Most Americans also do not fully understand the fact that “ALL” of Islam is our enemy because of what the ambassador said to Thomas Jefferson over 200 years ago, that it is the duty of “all” Muslim men to attack and enslave all infidels (those who are not Muslim) wherever they may find them.

The Islamic experts who advise our government fully know these facts of history that you now know; and, for a short time, these experts presented these facts on television after the attacks of 9/11. Back then, when a reporter questioned these experts about “Why Muslims attack America” the experts classified the terrorists correctly as “Islamic Fundamentalists”. Quickly, the news media switched to using the term “Muslim Extremists” and then later to the benign slogan of “Religious Extremists.” But originally, the experts classified them correctly when they called them “Islamic Fundamentalists” because terrorism, and war against infidels, is a “Fundamental” belief in “All” of Islam. This truth about Islam is what the news media has been trying to cover up ever since 9/11. This is why you are rarely shown the videos of what the mullahs are preaching in mosques across, not just the Middle-East, but the entire Islamic world.

For Islam, the crusades have never ended. Their fundamental, religious beliefs will never allow an end to their crusade. In Islam, there is only one final solution to the world. That solution is that the entire world will be converted to Islam, or it will be systematically destroyed. The experts and administration officials know these truths much better than you or I do..

The war in Afghanistan was an unavoidable and necessary war. The Taliban was fully supporting Osama Bin Laddin and his Islamic Based Terrorist Organization. The Taliban in Afghanistan refused to halt their support for Osama Bin Ladin and his organization. As well, Saddam Hussein was almost finished with his large fixed position artillery cannon capable of firing shells into Israel. The inaccuracy of this large artillery piece made war against Saddam Hussein an absolute certainty. The only real questions were when, and by who. If we decided to only attack Afghanistan and decided to wait for Israel to attack Saddam, and his new artillery piece, then we risked the real possibility of an all sides war against Israel in the Middle-East.

By quickly attacking Iraq, as well as Afghanistan, then we prevented a larger middle east war against Israel. The war in Afghanistan was perhaps the only opportunity to kill two enemy birds with one stone. It was an opportunity that we could not pass up, and the only opportunity to eliminate the very real potential of Saddam Hussein launching inaccurate chemical artillery strikes against Israel. Saddam Hussein was also supporting global terrorism by sending money to the family of any Muslim that attacked either Israel or the United States. If we attacked Afghanistan, and not Iraq, then Saddam Hussein would have attacked Israel as he did in the past Gulf War to attempt to create a larger Middle East war against Israel.

So you see, because of the nature of Saddam Hussein himself, we had to take him out if we were going to do any actions in the theater whatsoever. Imagine what would have happened if the United States had forces in Afghanistan and Saddam Hussein was allowed to launch a chemically tipped artillery shell against Israel that landed at any one of the dozen or so important religious sites within that country. What if Saddam’s inaccurate fixed position artillery cannon hit the temple of the rock instead? How would Iran have reacted to that attack? Would they have attacked Iraq, knowing that Saddam Hussein forces were all but destroyed? You have to remember that the no fly zone in Iraq was not just to prevent Saddam from attacking his neighbors again. It was also to prevent his neighbors from attacking him, now that he was weak. Yes, the no fly zone in Iraq actually protected Saddam from Iran. This is why Saddam felt that he was untouchable. He fully understood that the world would rather that a tyrant like him stayed in power over the choice of letting Iran gain control of even more of the worlds oil supply. So, taking out Saddam was unavoidable. The only question was when.

But there other reasons to take out Saddam as well, despite the fact that the political situation gave little other choice to do so. This is why the analysts on the news channels were talking about Iraq just days after Afghanistan was listed as the real target. The resource that our Islamic enemies posses is oil. By taking our Saddam Hussein, our government has given a powerful blow to terrorism funding and operations around the entire world. We have paid the price for this with over 4000 American lives. But how many lives have we saved in the process? Not just American lives, but lives all over the entire Middle East. If we did not go into Iraq, and instead, let Saddam use his cannon to drag the middle east into another war with Israel, how many people would have been killed then? How high would gas prices have climbed if that was allowed to happen?

As well, do not discount the very real truth that almost no true political change ever happens in this country without force. For over 30 years people have been stating the mantra, “We must get ourselves off foreign oil!” But did any political party ever accomplish that goal in over 30 years? Of course not. But what is happening now? Now, for the first time in 30 years, America is finally working hard to get ourselves off of foreign oil. And just what did it take to get that ball rolling? It took exactly what political experts have always said it would take, $5.00 a gallon gasoline.

For 30 years, no one would produce alternative energy in this country because it simply wasn’t cost effective to do so. No one was even trying to really put a dent in foreign oil because it was too cheap to come by. The car manufacturers even refused to produce fuel efficient vehicles because they said that despite that people understood that high oil consumption was bad for the country, no one wanted to give up their extra large SUV’s. The SUV was the icon vehicle of the upper middle class. Soccer mom was a nobody if she didn’t either drive an SUV or a mini-van. How many people do you know that still drive a super cab diesel truck or an extended cab V8 truck? It was very clear that arrogant Americans were never going to give up their luxuries for betterment of America. Instead, political experts rightly stated that Americans would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing what was better for the country as a whole.

Now, for the first time in history, Saudi Arabia is going against OPEC. Tell me, did you ever think that you would see that in your lifetime. The war in Iraq was unavoidable given the possible outcomes of leaving Saddam in power. The administration also knows that Islam itself is Americans worst enemy. By doing what we really had no choice to do, we have caused the following beneficial actions to happen.

We are finally starting the process of getting off of foreign oil.
We have eliminated one wild card from the Middle East stability roulette game.
We have hurt the manipulative and dominating control of OPEC.
We have indeed protected America from further attacks from Osama and his thugs.
We have attempted to break the back of totalitarian control that Islam has over the Middle East.
We have set up a staging area for taking out the number one cause of terrorism in the world, Iran.

We really had no choice in the matter. Remember, they attacked us. From the beginning of our country they have always attacked us. What has transpired was unavoidable and hopefully what is exactly what America needed. To get off of foreign oil and take away our enemies number one source of control against us and source of income to attack us.

President bush may still end up going down in history as an excellent president. Not because of what he did right, but because he faced bravely and decisively what American had neglected and avoided for far too long.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

Thanks for the post Hot wings!! So in essence you are saying this is another holy war?

I mean I wouldnt doubt it one bit! How many Wars have been fought in the name of someones GOD!!
Far to many! And to sum up your post, This boils down to a Holy War?

Religion is truely the boon to our world. The splinter that is stuck in the lions Paw! ect ect..

Good post, and tells things from another point of veiw.
While many might not agree with you..
I will say I think this has more to do with religions than anything else.

But surely as you say there are many factors that come into play here.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

People who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones about spelling Zy. Take a look at your own post....... I guess you are just an average American.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Dude I could care less about the spelling of my posts!!! Im not going around holding up a sign calling people names now am I? When I type, I do this fast.. And no I dont spell check all my posts.. But if I was going to make a sign, to go and protest.. You can besure I wouldnt have any spelling errors.. Okay Mr. English teacher.. Do you feel better now?

Also where in my post did you see me say, " oh that guy mispell'ed that!"
Because I didnt! That wasnt the point, as its gone over your head.
And its why I keep my head down. Because people who are so gun ho about this war!! Get a brain is what I was getting at.. NOT the mispelling of the word!!! Gezz man.. You think its ironic, When you made your own conclusion of what you think I was saying.. When infact you are just wrong! Wrong I tell you pavil! If I was going to make an issue over spelling I would have strongly pointed that out man.. And said hey Look at the idoit American who cant spell.. Wrong.. I said look at the state of mind control that we deal with here in America! Look at the go team spirit kinda of vibe that we are all taught at a young age.

I suggest before you go jumping the gun on people, you take some time and understand what Im getting at. Like you could have sent me a U2 and said in private about how ironic that was, and I could have explained it to you.. But you rather try to make me out to be the fool. Or try to stick one to me on here.. Well whatever man.

You want to point out something that is totally off topic, which is what I expect from people who have no other point to make.
You are just doing your best to take this thead off track.

So why not put something else into this thread. Presay pointing out the spelling errors in my post!! I made a point with my post.
What was your point there guy? Other than saying I had spelling errors?
I wasnt agian pointing out in that pic he spelled Morans incorrectly. Nope go back and read.. I didnt say that.

AS I never did claim I was anything more than an average American to begin with. Plus I dont sit here and claim to have all the answer either!

You are just taking weak, pot shots at me because you have nothing valid to add to this thread.. Yeah have a good day there guy.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

My point was obvious. I will be moving on, just found it ironic, obviously you don't see it that way. You have a good day.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

Nice history lesson for those who dont know about American history. The fact is if what you say is correct then why is the US not invading places like Saudi Arabia, Jordan, UAE, and all the others. Why was it only Iraq? The fact is if this was is some part of some holy war you are not correct. Are there extremists who feel as you described? Yes but its not because of our "freedoms" its because we occupy their lands. We have bases over there. They want us off their land. How would we feel if Saudi Arabia had army bases over here we would be pretty ticked off wouldnt we?

This is what this is about. They dont attack us for our freedoms like Bush says they do they IMMIGRATE here because of our freedoms. They attack us because we occupy their lands and we occupy their lands for one reason and one reason only and that is oil.

Our government and the Uk and France has killed and overthrown more elected governments in the middle east in the past 100 years than you would believe. Extremist as it may sound of me but like Reverend Wright said "The chickens have come home to roost" and this truly is the case. We need to get out of their lands and worry about ourselves. if they want to drive camels and praise Allah that is their choice.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Question why was no one in our intelligence community fired for the completely wrong assessment of Iraq? How many people were fired for the complete failure on 9/11? How come no one is getting fired with all the banking and economic failures we are seeing right now? You want to know what this war is about Ima tell ya something Sadam was no threat. Ok so he shot at some of our planes I would like to think that if Iraq was flying jets here in the US we would shoot a few things at them too. Bush used 9/11 as a pretext to go to war with Sadam knowing that America would have a case of blind patriotism.

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

This is a quote by Herman Goering. We saw this is in the most obvious fashion after both 9/11 and the Iraq war. Now we are talking about going to war with Iran. Have they invaded anyone in the past 100 years? Have they attacked us? Wake up dude you me and everyone else is being used for the sake of making a select few people a lot of money.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I will chime in on this one.

Do you believe that we NEEDED to invade and occupy Iraq for all these years to protect us? Where does it tie in that 9-11 happened, and we needed to go into an innocent country that could not harm us?

Pavil answered the question exactly how I would have so refer to his first post for my opinion.

Do you honestly beleive that if we don't go invading Muslim countries, that you and your family are in the sincere danger Bush refered to when wanting to invade Iraq?

I don't think you should have included the modifier 'Muslim' as the predominate religion of a nation has little to do with the threat they pose to the USA. If a nation is openly hostile to the USA, and are known to support forces hostile to the USA (especially those who have shown an ability to complete attacks on us), and the government did nothing but wait for something to happen, yes I would feel like my family and I were in sincere danger.

As another theory to why you support this endless, perpetual war, do you believe that Government Defense Contracts are the only thing that can keep our economy alive?

The bias of your question aside, I don't think Defense Contracts are keeping or could solely keep the economy alive.

Another... Do you support one current candidate over another because they can promise you more war?

While the wartime views of a candidate are not enough to make a complete judgment, the promise for 'more war' is not s desired quality. However, the promise to continue to resist and attack hostile forces from carrying out attacks on innocent Americans, as well as prohibit foreign nations from falling under the control of terrorist organizations is something I desire in the next president.

Is it possible you believe that we NEED oil to keep our country alive, and that we need to secure oil as a best interest, maybe THAT is why you believe we need to invade countries?

Of course we need oil. Any industrialized nation needs oil. Do you think we should all just ride horses and give up anything plastic? We don't and haven't invaded or attacked a country in order to obtain oil. We have not received any oil from Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No one will say today that oil has little to do with it. That would simply be untrue. But the reason that I spent the time to wrote such a long post was to explain the greater truth that, for Islam, its more about their religion than oil. Islam has been attacking Christians since the day that it was founded. Anyone who reads any history from the days before oil can find this out as Thomas Jefferson did.

Read again what the ambassador from Algeria told Thomas Jefferson and John Adams. Read it two or three times if you still want to deny the truth. Over two hundred years ago they committed acts of Islamic terrorism against us and no, it wasn’t because we occupied their country. They attack and kill us because their holly books tells them “All” to do so. Period.

I know that people just don’t want to believe it. I know that no matter what history is incontrovertible people just cannot admit that war has always been upon us from the Islamic world for one very simple reason. It’s a fundamental belief to attack other people in Islam.

I wish this wasn’t the case. But I’m not going to just poke my head in the sand and play pretend like everyone else wants to do. Any modern reasons that Islam uses to justify their attacks is nothing but a side issue. They have been attacking the Non-Muslim world for thousands of years and guess what, when we do leave their lands they will still be attacking us just like they did back in Thomas Jefferson’s days.

Does oil play a factor? Of course. But the primary reason has been know for thousands of years. It is their fundamental belief to kill people who do not believe what they believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join