It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't want to talk about it . . .

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hello, my friend.

While I couldn't possibly feel or even imagine your experience on that day, as I read your description of what you go through every year towards the end of August, I had a clear understanding of it, because I feel it, too. Not to the extent you do... not as "big" as you do, but a representation of what I think you must feel.

My heart is with you today.

In 2001, August 19, I quit smoking.
Several weeks later, I never wanted a cigarette more, but I resisted. But it's my anniversary date. My birthday is the 16th of this month and in 2001, it was spent in a daze... The counselor I saw said I was "too attached" to the people who had lost their lives and their loved ones... I didn't agree. I was attached just the right amount. But these weeks around Sept 11 always bring the same memories, the same feelings of nicotine withdrawal and birthday sadness.

One thing I remember most was sitting watching TV with my husband, both of us crying at the people who were still looking for their loved ones, DAYS later. Still hoping against all hope, against all logic and reason, that somehow their daughter, son or sister had somehow survived and was somewhere to be found... alive...

I haven't wanted to think about it either. But here it is... today... and I finally came over here to say a word to you, in support of you. Because you were so close, so moved, so touched, so hurt...

I'm glad we're friends.

BH

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH.
Once again, you humble me with your kind words.
It's been a rough but apocryphal few days for Sdog..
The thread brought a lot of difficult stuff out, but I think and hope that it was catharctic for others as well.
Thankfully I'm coming out it now.
Big Love!
My FRIEND.

[edit on 9/11/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've been sitting here watching all the shows on 911 and rereading SD's posts as well as others. It has helped SD. Rememberance is sometimes hard on the soul, but its also cathartic in ways people don't realise. Its going to be a long night. My Tulemore Dew is running low!!

God or whomever bless!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Though it might be slightly off topic and 9/11, I just wanted to join others in sending my thoughts and prayers to our Texan friends. I urge you to get out of the way of this monster and stay safe. Good luck over the next few days.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In the hope that humanity will one day be able to live in peace, without terror, without war, without the memories of loss and madness:

Shall we remember what war is?

What is war?
In the human psyche
it is the fatal flaw,
a perversion of the human mind,
using our greatest brains to create
outrageous threats to all mankind.

War is
the profoundest disrespect
for the sanctity
of human life,
the ultimate in racism,
the collapse of morality.

War is
the ultimate in criminality,
the ultimate obscenity,
the ultimate crime against humanity.

So shall we honour war?
and shall we now praise troubled men?
Or shall we remember what war is
and give true meaning
to "Never again" ?

David Roberts
28 September 2004

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Two years have passed since this thread was authored and I have spent the last hour rereading it ...

In retrospect I think this one thread made all the difference for me, it must have been an inadvertent catharsis, for the sentiment expressed at the start seems to have faded away since. Yes this date still evokes somberness and suffering, but all the peripheral elements don't seem to have as much effect ... instead, a general numbness prevails.

I'm not sure what that means, I'm not sure of how long it is appropriate to 'own' the sadness ...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Two years have passed since this thread was authored and I have spent the last hour rereading it ...

I'm not sure what that means, I'm not sure of how long it is appropriate to 'own' the sadness ...

Some things we never forget, some things we never get over, hopefully it gets easier over time. Who says it's appropriate on not, only you know that.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

We must soldier on despite the attempts of those who want to instill fear in us. As regards life in general.

The sooner we as a nation stop sentimentalizing about 9 years ago the better off we will be.

That said, I have well wishes for anybody affected by 9/11. And best of luck to the OP.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Longfellow called "The Builders." Among its lines:

Build today, then strong and sure
With a firm and ample base
And ascending and secure.
Shall tomorrow find its place.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join