It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD's secret command centre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
NEWS LINK

It sounds like something out of the BBC drama Spooks – but the Ministry of Defence's secret command centre deep beneath Whitehall lacks the glamour of a TV set.

Designed to house the nation's political and military leaders in a crisis, the bunker will become the operational hub of Government if Britain comes under attack.

As a unique set of photographs in the Mail on Sunday's Live magazine shows, however, the three-storey network of rooms and passages is stark and utilitarian rather than humming with James Bond-style security devices.

One of many I am sure, I live just around the corner from the famous Kelvedon Hatch Nuclear Bunker and every time I drive past the small bungalow that is the entrance to the huge complex it makes me wonder what more is hidden below the ground.

When going on a tour of London I remember the guide telling us that about 2/3 of the MoD headquarters were below ground, this article tends to back up that statement.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
here is some more pics:

www.mailonsunday.co.uk...

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
this is the most interesting thing in the article :

"The facility is manned by personnel who are trained for life aboard submarines, "

lends a lot of credence to mr Lears claims of the navy in charge of underground bunkers.

thanks

snoopyuk

join