It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd dream or a premonition?? You decide!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The night before last I had a horrible dream. In the beginning of it, I was in an area that looked like the Square in Jersey City, NJ with some friends. Heres a pic if you have never been there:

That image is actually perfect because that building played a big role in my dream. Anyway, we were all in some sort of food cafe when a news break came on saying that a really bad storm was coming towards us. So, we all went out outside and started talking about where we should go to wait out the storm. Right outside of the cafe was a glass room. We decided to go inside there to get some cover. Why we would go into a glass room is beyond me. While we were all sitting in the room on the floor we began hearing lightning. It was very loud but muffled at the same time. I reached out and touched one of the glass walls and I told my friends that the glass was bubbling in every time we heard the crash. Then, I looked directly behind my friends and see the building in the pic above have this extremely bright blue light emit from the center of it, then it started falling. I remember all I kept saying was "wow, wow, wow" Then, right as it hit the ground I woke up.

As soon as I woke up, I became violently ill. I had these horrible stomach pains and began to throw up.

I never had a dream that scared me that much or made me literally sick to my stomach. I weeded out the possibility of being pregnant because I remember having vivid dreams while I was pregnant with my son, so its not pregnancy. I didn't eat anything before bed, so its not food poisoning. What do you guys think?? Is there a possibility that this was some sort of premonition?? Please don't flame this thread, this s serious to me and it has been on my mind since that night.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You maybe should ask yourself, why do we dream?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
sounds like a subconscious sorting out of anxiety and helplessness about unexpected forces beyond your control, very natural

especially in these times.

but, just in case...

i'd stay away from the jersey city square this sept. 11th!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It could be a premonition but of what is the question.
Most of them are hard to figure out before its to late.
I once had a clear dream of someone dying at a certain place.
And the next day they did.
But I had no clue who it was going to be only where before hand.
And when I found out they died at that place then I new and only then that's what it was.
And I actually once new the person but not very well and hadn't seen them for a very long time.
So we may get hundreds of these and never really piece them together before they happen.
Perhaps its a mistake we even get them.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Hey there KaginD,

Dreams can be pretty scary things sometimes ... I know I've had a few myself that I can still remember as clearly as when I had them. One in particular (19yrs ago), turned out to be uncannily prophetic but the senario in the dream was symbolic rather than literal. It was some time after the event that I recalled the dream and made the connection but when I did I realized just how precise it had been ... 'stable doors and bolting horses' unfortunately. And even if I'd made the connection earlier I doubt I could have altered the outcome unfortunately.

Sometimes vivid/lucid dreams can be our brains way of sifting through the c#*> especially if you've been worrying about the outcome of something important to you.

For example the glass room might be a metaphor for you trying to see though a situation where you feel you're being kept in the dark ... the building falling could represent your inner-fear of seeing something you hold dear come crashing to the ground (relationship / business deal etc).
The glass walls bubbling could be symbolic of the instability and uncertainty you feel.

Just suggestions ... I'm probably way of the mark. I'm good at many things but dream analysis is not on the list.

Woody

[edit on 7-9-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. You all made some great points. I'm going to try to use all of your thoughts and suggestions to get over it. Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
About KaginD's dream:

"Right outside of the cafe was a glass room. We decided to go inside there to get some cover. Why we would go into a glass room is beyond me."

I sense this is a very important part of the dream; maybe this sequence is indicating to the dreamer that she's taking refuge in the most vulnerable place or condition possible.

But glass could also indicate some kind of "invisible" protection one counts on, although the glass room, here, is visible.

I remember a dream where hostile peopel were ferociously banging at an invisible wall, trying to reach at me.

I live in the Laurentians, Quebec. Around 2005 I dreamed of seven or so big mushrooming consecutive explosions in the South, about four in a straight line - Montreal seemed on the line - then around three similar explosions in a different straight line to the South-West.

To me, the core meaning of a dream is in what one feels deeply when awakening. The meaning, the message is there, one has to wait and accept the meaning or the message coming out of it.

Lucas

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have had a lot of dreams come true over the years. It all started when I was around 16 years old. I'm in my 40's now. There was one in particular that really freaked me out. The summer of 1980 is when it started. I had a dream.. It seemed like a regular busy morning, my mom helping get us 4 kids off to school. I was putting my breakfast on a plate, and spread out the front page of the newspaper and it said "Ex-Beatle dies at Forty" I saw the headline, but couldn't read the rest, the words were becoming blurry. A couple of months later, I called a radio station(the DJ probably thought I was crazy, I asked which Beatle(s) were 40 years old. And he brushed me off quickly and said he knew Ringo was 40 already. (Next Caller) I started a new high school that fall, didn't think much about the dream and then, it happened in December. John Lennon shot in NYC, killed at the age of 40. I could not go to sleep that night.

top topics

join