It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 years on, Sept. 11 is so far and yet so close

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I remember 9/11 day very well here in Finland. (Sorry my poor english ).

Ok, I went work as usually. One friend from office told me that there is something strange going on in N.Y. Ok I did not care.

One hour later same guy came back and told me that one or both WTC have crashed. I ask him is he joking? "No" he said. I was laughing, I thought he making jokes. In our work place we usually had good time and we never were too serious.

Ok, very soon we got official information and it was was very hard to work. I had some small problem: I had bought some stocks and I worried price go down.

Something strange: exactly when WTC crashed, power in our factory went off. Nothing worked. I was very busy because our boss was watching and we need to get job done.

When we was going home in car there was four people. Everybody was silent. We just listened radio news..

I went to coffee room and I was thinking that everybody talks what happened in N.Y. In our coffee room there were old ladies and they only talk about somebodys dog which was ill!

When I was home alll the news channel was talking about terrorist attack in N.Y. I remember very Wall Street Stock excahnge last bell: there was very dirty fireman closing the market. If I remenber right he was chinese or something.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by hande]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by quandary121
Dr. Steven Jones does a chemical analysis of what little remaining steel there is from the World Trade Center. Only a small amount of the WTC steel escaped the Bush Administration's aggressive and quick recycling program. The results point to the use thermate/thermite cutter charges. If the World Trade Center was brought down with explosives, who placed them there? We need a new investigation into the events of September 11 RIGHT AWAY!

uk.youtube.com...

rubbish, it was a combination of structural trauma, intensely burning jet fuel (and lots of it) and the lack of asbestos protection of the steel frame, which was removed as a result of environmental activism.

the jihad is real, allahs most devoted know what is expected of them, and they will do all they can to carry out their duty to allah, and they have lots of patience. long after the attention span of the people have moved onto something else.

they'll still know what they must do.

Jihadists warn Brits, "you have nothing to expect than floods of martyr operations, volcanoes of anger and revenge erupting among your capital" which will "scatter body parts" all over the streets

"We bomb because we are honorable"

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

You are an idiot. Dresden?? I guess you have forgotten the millions of people that Hitler killed during his tme on this earth. Including thousands of American servicemen who had to go over there and fight to stop him from taking over the entire world. But then again, you probably think the U.S. was behind Hitler too. Dresden, which you INCORRECTLY state had no military significance, was in fact, the location of a huge railraod switching yard that the Nazi's used constantly moving their troops and artillery around, both the men and equipment bound for locations inside Germany and those bound for locations in the conquered regions. Plus, it was the location of nearly 50% of the Nazi oil reserves which was why it was targeted. At least read a freakin' book once in a while instead of getting all your information off conspiracy websites.

And as far as 9/11 goes, in case you have forgotten, it was AQ fanatics who hijacked the airliners, NOT the American military, and bin laden has publicly taken responsibility for both the planning AND the execution of the attacks. Why would he do that if he wasn't the one responsible? You think he was in cahoots with the U.S. government and wanted to make George Bush look good? Or wanted to help us overthrow the Taliban? Yes, come to think of it, you probably do. You know, ATS should not allow people who possess single-digit IQ's to post on here. I get sick and tired of reading how the U.S. government was behind the attacks from people who only get their ideas from other people on nutbag websites. bin laden AND his scumbag followers were behind the attacks on 9/11, there is no doubt about it, and it is my greatest wish that he AND his dung-eating "army" spend the next 3 eternity's burning in hell! And as for you, you need to stop writing on websites until you at least have a 5th grade education. Moron.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

Let's all laugh to people that say they know what happened on that day?

Whether it was 'real' or 'mock' terrorist, whether it was Dick Cheney with his super rod or Osama Bin Laden and his flying merrymen;

The fact is that we don't know what happened, expect some lunatics wanted to start big escalation of forces they could not control. Whoever is to blame, what happened to the humble request of forgiving? No matter on which side you are, violence only breeds violence. Terrorist can never tear down United States and other western 'democracies', and in opposition, they can never root out the terrorists. All you who cry for revenge are actually calling for more bloodshed and wars. Can't you really understand that it wont simply help anything, only makes things worse!

Be forgiving, instead of violent. It'll help. Also, don't forget to be good to the next guy.

Now to the OP: I was watching the whole American show from the beginning, thanks to my sharp friend who called me and told me to turn on TV. The first plane was just hit and the second was about to hit. I really do recall the unreal feeling of that day. The thoughts about where this would end? What would follow? I had just visited United States and New York exactly 6 months earlier, and now looking the date of the photographs of WTC which we took, it says: 11.3.2001 20:54 (not exactly six months then hehe).

I guess I will remember it all my life - but I don't blame anybody. It has happened, you cannot change it. Forgive, and attend in repairing the damages instead of adding fuel into the fire!

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
I guess I will remember it all my life - but I don't blame anybody. It has happened, you cannot change it. Forgive,..

Who do we forgive?

Remembering is good, but where is justice?

Did the victims and their families somehow get cheated out of justice by the USA shifting focus with major military assets and unlimited funding to the wrong war in Iraq?

Who is guilty?

Forgive who?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There is no mistake in the fact that there where a vast amount of lives lost that day senselessly. That is what needs to be remembered. All of the conspiracy and doubt about this seems to cheapen it.

Always a day of reflection for me to find ways to refuse to live in fear!!!!!!!

I believe that is what true 911 remembrance is.

I feel that is the way to honor those that crossed over that day.

God Bless

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Not to mention, now www.newsweek.com... we finally know why Bush wanted those steel beams out of the area, immedediately, before they could be in the investigation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join