It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 years on, Sept. 11 is so far and yet so close

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
In Finland we talk usually only about official story.

In Finland one tv station "JIM" shows every day this week programs about 9/11.

JIM show 5 days about conspiracy theories, Loose Change etc. Saturday show is Fahrenheit 9/11.

Nice work JIM. We need to hear all the facts here in Finland.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

Wrong war right time?

Indeed. My brother went to war because of 9/11 and went back for the money. The trauma that led him to join the Army has very little to do with why he is still in Iraq today.

[edit on 9/8/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

We must remember the victims of 9/11, we must also remember who did it.

You might want to get a load of this jam by Mos Def...

(caution: offensive language)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thousands of people die everyday all over the world in worse ways than you can think of in wars, floods, famine you name it and we all know it as well yet we are stuck on the thought that what happened in NY is the biggest attack ever on a country.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I can't believe it has been 7 years and still no pitchforks heading for the white house. It is very important to remember and to remind. I do not want to see this one swept under the rug like all the others.

Great list Tazcon, there are many more but you sum it up nicely. Isn't it incredible what they can get away with? The pressure must be kept on these squirming worms in office, good to see Dennis K giving his all.
The Internet has allowed the good guys a panoramic view of the big picture. Hopefully there will be much more to come on this extremely important issue, before it is shelved.

Hey Jack, epic song huh. I would have to give the props to Immortal Technique. He spits the lyrics while Mos and Eminem take care of the chorus.
IT is an amazing mc and a true soldier of the revolution. He turned down all the major labels so there are no strings attached, just pure, from the heart reality hip hop. He is bringing the truth to the people at a grassroots level. Here's another of his called Cause of Death. 4th Branch is another tight one. Good thread Alarmist star n flag.

Peace

[edit on 8/9/08 by vehemes terra eternus] Fixing video

[edit on 8/9/08 by vehemes terra eternus]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
How I feel about the war or what happened after 9-11, for me... My simple American teenager life changed.

JackInTheBox made a good point, that no matter who you are, you remember where you were that day.

I realized for the first time in my life that I was disconnected from reality. Having been a gamer since I was young, an Australian in game told me about 9-11 that morning. Just so I could turn on the tv and be horrified for the first time in my simple life.
For days I sat around watching tv, seeing the footage of the towers falling, over and over again. Something wasn't right, but suddenly all those years of learning in school that extremists hate us for our freedom, came true to me.

All those years of being able to get on a plane and ride anywhere without a "random" strip search are over, and the Patriot Act still exists among us, along with wiretapping and government people needing to read our instant messages and E-mails.. and maybe we were supposed to keep thinking that it's because extremists people in other countries hate us.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would go through another 9/11 all over again just to have our rights back, and our credibility in the eyes of the rest of the world. The terrorists won. Not because they knocked down the Towers and smashed the Pentagon, but because they took away the only things worth fighting for in the first place.

(No matter who you want to think the terrorists really were.)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I just realized that all of my anger at Bush, and/or anyone who had anything to do with 9-11 is really just a resentment for finding out that we aren't safe life they always made us think.

Since then everything changed, and I think that is what made it possible that my views changed, and ATS became a normal part of my life once I found it (on accident via a Portal of Evil link). The fact that there might be more to every story than we're told. The fact that maybe, people in Muslim countries don't hate us THAT much. But, our own government wanted everything to change.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

...really just a resentment for finding out that we aren't safe life they always made us think.

That is youth talking. It's a part of growing up to realize and then embrace the fact that no one gets out of life alive.

But, our own government wanted everything to change.

And that is the world of difference that I resent. Not that something like 9/11 could happen, but that they would let it happen, and that they would use it as an excuse to do all that they have done since then.

And again, even if it really was just a bunch of wacko Muslim terrorists, it really makes no difference. We have lost far more than the buildings and even the thousands of people who made their final departure that day. We lost what it meant to be an American.

I saw a bumper sticker not too long after 9/11 that sums it up I think. It said, "I'm not afraid of terrorists, so don't go shredding up the Constitution on my account!"

I would rather live free for a day than live forever in bondage.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I agree I will never forget either, and it just the worst day imaginable, I am in NH but still it freaked me out some. I remember watching the tv most of the day crying over the lives lost, and fearful mine would end too. Every year on september 11th, I am glued to the tv, for fear it will happen again!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess31

I do not fear much, and certainly not another terrorist attack. My concern is what would be done as the result of such an attack.

On the day, I remember thinking that this was just the beginning. That if they could hit the Towers and the Pentagon, that we were about to go full-out into World War at any minute. As bad as it was, I really did think it was going to wind up being a lot worse.

As far as being from NH, one thing I have noticed is that people from out of state almost seem to be even more affected psychologically. Not that NYers weren't profoundly affected, shocked, scarred for life, etc., but I think people from out of state applied more of a mystique to the Towers and NY in general. That it affected them differently somehow.

I know that for myself, I was shocked and pissed-off about the Towers, but my real "fear" came into play when the Pentagon was hit.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012
I remember that day as if it was yesterday, with a surreal clarity, a kind of horror and feeling of vulnerability, a real measure of loss of what was the great United States of America.

I remember watching the news coverage while my mind seemed detached as if what I was seeing wasn't real..

Has it really been seven years?

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Couldn't have said it better myself. 'Surreal' is what comes to mind. Its like our generations 'JFK' or Pearl Harbor. In fact, 9/11 is likely to become our generations great lasting conspiracy over the demolition accusations.

I tend to get disturbed when I see 'We Will Not Forget' scralled everywhere. Thats almost like a veiled admission of guilt, suggesting that under normal circumstances we would forget. I mean, how could anyone forget anything like 9/11!?!?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
i believe it is vital that we remember the horror that day unleashed on the free world...

to help refresh our memory, and in sound context, i offer:

Fitna Part 1/2

Fitna Part 2/2

"If the West wants to have peace, then they have to accept Islamic rule."
- Indonesian cleric, Abu Bakar Bashir

[edit on 7-9-2008 by feydrautha]

Dude, those clips were intense. I still say those buildings were demolished so that makes alot of people across alot of borders responsible.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was flying an airline aircraft on 9-11, although I don't obsess about it, I can honestly say that there is not one day that I do not remember the people (including the flight crews) that perished that day.

Although this may be better posted in a conspiracy forum, I retired 3 years ago and can honestly say that up until that day of retirement, it was not at all uncommon to have weird situations occur weekly. There were many situations that appeared to be "testing" of procedures, reactions and security onboard. Like what, you may ask? Faked medical emergencies where flight attendants responded and as they did, "various" male passengers would place themselves intentionally between the flight attendants and the cockpit........

We are not finished with these issues....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Thousands of people die everyday all over the world in worse ways than you can think of in wars, floods, famine you name it and we all know it as well yet we are stuck on the thought that what happened in NY is the biggest attack ever on a country.

Oddly enough, my stance to this is quite similar. Just because people died on that day in the towers doesn't make their deaths any more significant than other people who have died. That's not to say that those who have lost loved ones in the twin towers don't have a right to remember their deceased on that day - it just gets annoying when people call me "heartless" for not showing an incredible amount of emotion.

It's been 7 years. We should not forget, but we should continue to move forward, and we should continue to expose the fraud of that day. No matter what evidence you look at, Bush and co. are, at the very LEAST, responsible for letting the attacks happen and should be brought to a court of law.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I understand why these threads are made to remember those who fell during that day. But what I don't understand is why we choose to remember horrible thoughts. It's in the past, hopefully it won't happen again. Why cant we leave the past be? Why can't we honor those who died but not talk about why and how it doesn't matter it's in the past.

Also I want to make clear that I DO HONOR THOSE THAT HAVE DIED

[edit on 8-9-2008 by night.ops]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm never going to forget.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Scientists Examine the Molten Steel that Lingered for Weeks Underneath WTC 1, 2 & 7 on 9/11 - Many Surprises Found

Dr. Steven Jones does a chemical analysis of what little remaining steel there is from the World Trade Center. Only a small amount of the WTC steel escaped the Bush Administration's aggressive and quick recycling program. The results point to the use thermate/thermite cutter charges. If the World Trade Center was brought down with explosives, who placed them there? We need a new investigation into the events of September 11 RIGHT AWAY!

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The Constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper." -George W. Bush

"The Constitution is a radical document... it is the job of the Government to rein in people's rights." -Bill Clinton

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I remember that day, I woke up got my son ready for school. Went off to our meeting point with our ride that inevitably never showed up. I though for a moment that maybe she over stayed a party night and I might need to walk my son to school. Sitting and waiting I noticed there was airliner after airliner landing at the airport. I thought it a little odd but didn't give much thought to it.

Time had passed enough I figured I would need to walk him to school we headed home to grab the water bottle when I saw what was happening on the news.

At first it was the one plane crash, but shortly after I saw the second impact. At that point my knees felt weak, stomach not so good.

I kept my son home from school that day, and watched as it all unfolded. The feelings I felt were a mix of anger and remorse. I felt worthless for a small time knowing I could do nothing to help.

I went down the road of conspiracy on 9/11. bought into a lot of silly crap I might add. I don't buy into any of the 9/11 conspiracy theories at present, I believe them to be politically motivated.

It is... unacceptable in my eyes to follow a theory of such idiocy only blaming one side of a two party system... Something of this magnitude being pulled off was caused by both sides if it was caused by our side at all.

I have watched so much damn video of this, read so much crap about this, reviewed so many damn BS videos and pictures of it that I just don't want to look anymore. There is more doctored crap out there to suggest conspiracy that anything truthful is buried. It is truly a disappointing time in American history when so many are easily driven, and lead down roads of stupid.

It is my opinion this country is leading itself to suicide. That is if the insane stupid crap I see, hear, and experience everyday keeps up it's present track record..

I in no way excuse an investigation of 9/11, but the standards at which people accept is just baaaaaad. there is way to many people jumping on garbage reports as solid evidence. Way too many people jumping on guessed BS. So much BS presented as truth via youtube videos or some poor shmucks 2-3 camera photos. The sad part about this is if there is a cover to unveil we will never see it because of all the dumb ass crap thrown out there.

There is no need to cover up anything. "let the crying stupidity do it for you"

In the end I don't think there's a conspiracy. I think we were caught with our pants down. I think a lot of the conspiracy comes from people who wish it didn't happen that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join