It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Obama's religion? ("My Muslim faith")

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
For you people to be in the land of the free i really have a hard time understand what his religious faith has to do with him running for Presisdent. I mean come on we are in the year 2008 and religion should not be an issue, like a child "out of wedlock" should not be an issue. Aim towards their core, their politics and keep out faith and family.

I know a lot US citizen are religious, but no matter what believe system you answer to, may itbe muslim, christian or jewish i recon, that all swear to uphold the good will towards all men and women, and to uphold peace.

Best regards

Loke.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Loke.]

True...but he's been saying one thing and then another...which is it, Man??? I could care less if he is or isn't...but if he is, then why the charade of "Nope...I'm Christian"? If he's lying about his religion, then what else is he hiding? I have MANY friends who are of Muslim faith and Arab decent...and are TRULY some of the nicest people in the world...it is a shame that a less that 1/100th of a percent of the muslim faith give a bad name to the rest of them...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
The reference to his being part arab is accurate, and was in response to this post by Krieger:

Originally posted by Krieger
The issue is that the GOP, and Neocons, are racist and bigots. Not only is Barack black he's a secret Muslim! And we all know every single Muslim hates Ameria.

So, where's your condemnation of Krieger for calling ALL members of the GOP and NEOCONS racists and bigots? Your hypocrisy apparently knows no bounds. .

Krieger was out of line and should not be calling all the GOP Racist. He got it right with you though. I don't know you, if your aren't racist, then don't make racist arguments and appeal to racism.

If your Arab smear holds up...post a link. Something beyond the debunked Kenneth Lamb story. Until then, I'll judge you by the ignorant racist propaganda you post.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Krieger was out of line and should not be calling all the GOP Racist. He got it right with you though. I don't know you, if your aren't racist, then don't make racist arguments and appeal to racism.

If your Arab smear holds up...post a link. Something beyond the debunked Kenneth Lamb story. Until then, I'll judge you by the ignorant racist propaganda you post.

Well personally I believe you suffer from a serious case of hypocrisy and racism yourself. You chose to jump on my alleged racism rather than Krieger's, because it was expedient to your cause to do so. Don't try to lie about it now. Anyone with half a brain can see right through you.

I don't have to prove or disprove a single thing about myself to you.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't have to prove or disprove a single thing about myself to you.

I didn't ask you to explain "yourself", I asked you to explain the following appeal to racism and support your claim with a source other than the debunked story Kenneth Lamb wrote.

Barack isn't black, he's really an American-Arab. Anyone who has bothered to check out his lineage knows that. The joke is on you.

His ancestors were slavers, and sold Black people into slavery. It's so funny so many Blacks think he is on their side.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I didn't ask you to explain "yourself", I asked you to explain the following appeal to racism and support your claim with a source other than the debunked story Kenneth Lamb wrote.

Why don't you first tell me how it's an appeal to racism? It was a simple statement. Did I call for tar and feathering or a cross burning? Is saying someone is an Arab racist now?
How should I refer to them then if it is?

And just for the sake of argument, can you prove to me he's black? I don't think you can do so either without a DNA analysis.

Everything you disagree with isn't Racist my friend simply because you say so..

[edit on 9-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

well who says im an obama fan in the first place.?

and um all politicians lie thats nothing new...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge

well who says im an obama fan in the first place.?

and um all politicians lie thats nothing new...

I never claimed you were an Obama supporter TB, I asked if a person's honesty mattered to you?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Barack isn't black, he's really an American-Arab. Anyone who has bothered to check out his lineage knows that. The joke is on you.

This has been debunked. It's not true.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In fact, that's YOUR thread... Why do you continue to spread this disinformation?

Obama is neither Arab or Muslim. I can't believe I just typed that!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I'm not an Obama supporter, I don't even like the guy. As for his wife, every time I see her face on the telly, I change the channel...

I just don't give a dam about his religion, and it is obvious, to me, that he is no muslim...he's far worse, a radical black Christian...

I just don't like seeing people being wrongly accused...

Mod Edit: Typo corrected - Jak

[edit on 10/9/08 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

As a Search Engine Marketer I can tell you it's VERY easy to manipulate search engine results pages to reflect pretty much whatever you want. Just a bit of time and effort will get any negative article to the top of a results page. Don't put too much stock in what Google tells you is true, 'cause we SEM's can make that lie as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I didn't say ALL Republicans are racist bigots, I said the GOP is the party of Racist Bigots. It's also the party of Big Oil, does that mean I am saying ALL Republicans are billionaire Oil Men? No. Get it right.

This in response to Lloyd. Thought I hit reply to but I didn't.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Krieger]

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
I didn't say ALL Republicans are racist bigots, I said the GOP is the party of Racist Bigots. It's also the party of Big Oil, does that mean I am saying ALL Republicans are billionaire Oil Men? No. Get it right.
That may not of been your intention, but saying the GOP is the party of racist bigots, is painting every Republican with a very broad brush.

How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion anyhow? Do you have any factual evidence that shows racists and bigots prefer the GOP party to the DNC?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

My apologies if I misread your post NWCND. I agree with most of what you've said.

Mod Edit: Full post quote removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 10/9/08 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

Religion makes a difference because #1- the United States was founded by those who believed in Jesus Christ, who were able to draft a constitution guided by the morals and guidelines spelled out in the Bible. They wanted to break away from a country where the government controlled the churches. That is why they included their desire for a separation of church and state right in the document. They wanted to be able to worship God without fear from the government.
#2 Many of the countries in the world are distinguished by the religious beliefs. Isreal is Isreal because the people are Jewish. Some of the Arab countries are the way they are because they follow the Muslim religion.
#3 Radical Islam (segment of the Muslim population) is what fuels the terrorism fire that is raging around the world.
The United States is what it is- big, powerful, blessed- because of the efforts of actual Christians who came over and founded a great country.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
Regardless, religion should not be a criteria for electing a president. Now i say this, but i would love to see a shamanic native american or buddhist or daoist president.

Yes it should. Religion occupies an enormous space in the lives and being of those that adhere to one.

I don't wan't an akkadian blood worshipper running my country... you see my point.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

THANK YOU AND I AGREE. People are freaking out that he might be muslim. Every since 911 everyone thinks all muslims are hiding bombs under there clothes. Its stupid.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined

THANK YOU AND I AGREE. People are freaking out that he might be muslim. Every since 911 everyone thinks all muslims are hiding bombs under there clothes. Its stupid.

I am not so concerned about his religion choice as I am in his ability to be trusted. I just skimmed around a few Obama Lies threads and I really' can't believe some of the things this man has been caught lying about. I could care less what religion he is, but why can't the President of the U.S. even tell the truth? I mean he even lies about his uncle serving for our country and gets caught red handed big time. Look at how he acts when he is lying. You can easily tell by his inability to act smoothly.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined

I am not so concerned about his religion choice as I am in his ability to be trusted. I just skimmed around a few Obama Lies threads and I really' can't believe some of the things this man has been caught lying about. I could care less what religion he is, but why can't the President of the U.S. even tell the truth? I mean he even lies about his uncle serving for our country and gets caught red handed big time. Look at how he acts when he is lying. You can easily tell by his inability to act smoothly.

He didn't lie. His great uncle liberated Buchenwald. he said Auschwitz by accident for cryin out loud. May I ask you something? Do you believe everything you hear from Fox News? Or are 40 second youtube clips all ya need?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join