It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Obama's religion? ("My Muslim faith")

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

next time find a longer version.www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
well, no, having sex with a 13 or 14 year old is not "pedophilia" despite what our laws may say. A pedophile is someone who has sex with a child and a child is defined as someone who has not yet undergone physical maturity with development of adult sex characteristics, so in essence pedophilia is sex with an undeveloped child who has yet to go through puberty. This has been considered sick i believe in most cultures through time, but i assure, it does indeed happen today. I have patients who were raped in their early childhood, and have dated women who have had this experience as well, and im talking pre pubescent here.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
At first I thought this was a real gaff on Obama's part but thinking about it I have concluded it was done on purpose and very calculated.
All during the primary he accused Clinton of trying to paint him as a Muslim and never blamed the republicans. Now after orchestrating this phoney gaff and knowing every right wing blogger will run with it he can play out this sympathy card against the republicans also. He could not have accused the republicans of this otherwise because in the past he only accused Hillary's camp of doing it to him. Every little detail is meticulously gone over for these primetime interviews, the likelihood of a gaff is less than it appears when you realize there is strategy behind it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Why can't we ever get an athiest or someone who believes in a god but not religion to run for president... Always religion this religion that = war here and war there... so sick of it. It is ok to have faith without religion and you have far less corruption to deal with. I mean come on how can people actually put all there faith in fictional books when all you have to do is look at the night sky. It is that simple.

P.S. Obama is a snake just as any other person to run for president the last 40 years. Pick your posion, nothing will change. People behind the scenes run this country not the president.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Heres a longer clip than a 12 second soundbyte snipped out deliberately for the purpose of shock/smear tactics.

Its a slip up. People make them all the time, on both sides.

I suggest this is a non-issue unless you have your mile wide party political fanatic blinkers on.

US Elections 2008. If its crap, its worth discussing

My name is Neformore, and I approved this message

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 8/0908/08 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Heres a longer clip than a 12 second soundbyte snipped out deliberately for the purpose of shock/smear tactics.

Its a slip up. People make them all the time, on both sides.

I suggest this is a non-issue unless you have your mile wide party political fanatic blinkers on.

US Elections 2008. If its crap, its worth discussing

My name is Neformore, and I approved this message

So, how many times has someone had to correct you on what your religious beliefs are Neforemore? Even your extended version doesn't answer that question.

I can understand getting extremist and al queda confused when speaking, that's a much more complicated and involved issue than, am I of the Christian or Muslim faith. That rates right up there with forgetting your own name.

I like how you criticize the use of sound bytes, then post your own 36 sec. one to make a point.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

So, how many times has someone had to correct you on what your religious beliefs are Neforemore? Even your extended version doesn't answer that question.

I don't have a religion, so thats kind of a non-issue for me. What I will say is that when people are speaking under pressure, they make mistakes. Obama is under huge pressure right now as a political/ideological leader for the Dems. I can understand how he did it.

I can understand getting extremist and al queda confused when speaking, that's a much more complicated and involved issue than, am I of the Christian or Muslim faith. That rates right up there with forgetting your own name.

So the man who could be POTUS, and responsible for taking a country to war not knowing the difference between potential enemies is not as big a gaffe? Really?

I like how you criticize the use of sound bytes, then post your own 36 sec. one to make a point.

The video I posted shows the whole thing in context. Its not the length of the vid that the issue, its the context. Yes, McCain is also under the same pressure as Obama is, but from the Republican side.

My point being is that when people talk under pressure, they make mistakes. Its the same for both sides.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

I guess no one else has ever said a wrong word when speaking.

Thats it, simply put, thats it.

Heck, the other day, I called my wife by her sister-in-laws name. Why, becuase we had just been talking about her. Simple slip up.

Bottom Line, nothing more to be seen, move on, get over it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Just my 0.02...

I think you guys are mis-interpreting Obama's response. To me, he was saying that McCain has never said anything about his (Obama's) Muslim faith, meaning that McCain has himself never participated in that particular smear.

If he were speaking in a less formal setting, he probably would have used his hands to put air quotes around it, as in

my "Muslim faith".

So I think you guys are way off base with this whole thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I don't have a religion, so thats kind of a non-issue for me. What I will say is that when people are speaking under pressure, they make mistakes. Obama is under huge pressure right now as a political/ideological leader for the Dems. I can understand how he did it.

Then how often do you forget your own name when speaking to people?

also, since when is it the media's job to correct an interviewees comments? how did he know that wasn't exactly what he intended to say? I'd like to see one video where that has been done for another candidate.

So the man who could be POTUS, and responsible for taking a country to war not knowing the difference between potential enemies is not as big a gaffe? Really?
It's a gaffe for sure, but Obama doesn't even know how many states there are in the U.S.. Which do you think is more damning?

The video I posted shows the whole thing in context. Its not the length of the vid that the issue, its the context. Yes, McCain is also under the same pressure as Obama is, but from the Republican side.

My point being is that when people talk under pressure, they make mistakes. Its the same for both sides.
Did your "in context" version significantly change the meaning of what he said? Not really. He still had to be corrected by the reporter on what his own religious beliefs were. Doesn't that strike you as just the least bit odd?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Then how often do you forget your own name when speaking to people?

Well, I've seen it done many times to be honest, especially if the person doing it has been reading something just before they speak, or see's someone they know in an audience.

also, since when is it the media's job to correct an interviewees comments? how did he know that wasn't exactly what he intended to say? I'd like to see one video where that has been done for another candidate.

I'm sure if people spent as much time looking for it as they will do trying to shoot down Obama, they'll find one

It's a gaffe for sure, but Obama doesn't even know how many states there are in the U.S.. Which do you think is more damning?

I don't think its damning to anyone except for people with a paaranoic and morbid fear of the word "muslim".

Did your "in context" version significantly change the meaning of what he said? Not really. He still had to be corrected by the reporter on what his own religious beliefs were. Doesn't that strike you as just the least bit odd?

Nope. Because, as I've said repeatedly, the mans under pressure and people make mistakes. Try actually walking a mile or so in his shoes. Hes a Presedential Candidate, being asked questions on a national platform, about all kinds of issues, and if he wins the day, he'll be potentially the most powerful politican on the planet. When he's on camera like that, theres probably millions of thoughts running through his head - point/counterpoint, inference, rebuttals, policies etc. Most of us sitting in that position would say "Hi mum" and smile at the camera like gawky idiots. What he's doing there is NOT easy.

Its the same for McCain. Hell, its the same for everybody in the public eye like that.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
reply to post by neformore

The big difference is the mods don't come to the rescue of McCain when he makes these gaffes. Its so laughable seeing all you "objective" moderators fly to the rescue of Obama. You're just like the media in that respect.

Its so blatantly partisan.

Guess you missed this part in the Mod's posts:
"The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion."
And
"As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member."

I really am sorry not everyone agrees with you, drone
.........It is after-all America, and people have the right to choose what they think. At least.....For the time being.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

The big difference is the mods don't come to the rescue of McCain when he makes these gaffes. Its so laughable seeing all you "objective" moderators fly to the rescue of Obama. You're just like the media in that respect.

You aren't reading are you?

Yes, McCain is also under the same pressure as Obama is, but from the Republican side.

I'm not flying to anyones rescue. I'm not even posting as a moderator (read the tags above and below the post). I'm giving my opinion that people make mistakes, on both sides of hte political spectrum, and saying that I can't see what the big deal is. The McCain vid I posted is to show that both sides make mistakes. I really don't care about what he said either.

You're trying to make an issue there when there isn't one.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

FWIW - I'm not an Obama supporter.

Not exactly sure that I'm voting for McCain either.

So there goes that theory.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You guys are all bickering over a staged event. It was a shill so he can now point fingers at the republicans. He couldn't do that before this, he even admitted it in the very staged interview in which he did this by saying McCain hasn't done it to him. He only accused Hillary of it up till now. It was an important tool to attack her with and gain sympathy. Now he can take the same tool out against the republicans. Every blogger is running this story, they played right into his bag of tricks.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Well, I've seen it done many times to be honest, especially if the person doing it has been reading something just before they speak, or see's someone they know in an audience.
Have you had a physical lately? I've never forgotten what faith I belong to, or what my own name is. It could be something neurological going on.

I'm sure if people spent as much time looking for it as they will do trying to shoot down Obama, they'll find one
Well, I challenge anyone to show a reporter doing so, aside from this example. It just doesn't happen Neforemore.

I don't think its damning to anyone except for people with a paaranoic and morbid fear of the word "muslim".
I have no fear of Muslims, and have defended them on this board to my own detriment. I do fear people though, who can't be honest with me about who they are, and what they really stand for.

Nope. Because, as I've said repeatedly, the mans under pressure and people make mistakes. Try actually walking a mile or so in his shoes. Hes a Presedential Candidate, being asked questions on a national platform, about all kinds of issues, and if he wins the day, he'll be potentially the most powerful politican on the planet. When he's on camera like that, theres probably millions of thoughts running through his head - point/counterpoint, inference, rebuttals, policies etc. Most of us sitting in that position would say "Hi mum" and smile at the camera like gawky idiots. What he's doing there is NOT easy.

Its the same for McCain. Hell, its the same for everybody in the public eye like that.
People do make mistakes, no argument there. I just believe this was more of a Freudian slip than a mistake. It's very difficult to keep your guard up 24/7.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
You guys are all bickering over a staged event. It was a shill so he can now point fingers at the republicans. He couldn't do that before this, he even admitted it in the very staged interview in which he did this by saying McCain hasn't done it to him. He only accused Hillary of it up till now. It was an important tool to attack her with and gain sympathy. Now he can take the same tool out against the republicans. Every blogger is running this story, they played right into his bag of tricks.
Obama already has accused the McCain camp of being behind these type of posts, despite the fact he's the only one who has paid bloggers.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

Originally posted by yenko13

Originally posted by CreeWolf
I don't know what the big fuss is all about. Barack Hussein Obama is merely trying to practice what his original "religion" had taught him as a boy:

Taqiyya and Kitman
Another Link

Move on......Nothing to see here

[edit on 8-9-2008 by CreeWolf]

Then why lie just tell the truth ....See the point

He is runnig for a highest office you cant lie and gain trust

Did you bother to click on the links? Did you detect ANY sarcasm in my original post?

I'll try to explain. You see, there is a teaching in the texts of the holy books of Islam that specifically says it is OK to lie to a non-Muslim or "the enemy" in order to lull them into a sense of comfort so you can vanquish them later.

Thats.....pretty much the gist of it!

As someone said above, you don't "forget" what religion you are! Also, if you know anything about the signs of people who are telling a lie, Obama is clearly aware of what he was saying the first time and only displayed the fidgety eye-blinking when he later claimed to have "Christian belief".

If I am the one misunderstanding and you did detect the sarcasm, then I guess what I'm trying to say is that after 9-11-2001, I suppose Obama would be thinking that the electability in the U.S. of a MUSLIM would be a long-shot. A person with Obama's hunger for power would have reason enough to lie about being a practicing Muslim?

[edit on 8-9-2008 by CreeWolf]

So they lie as a religion , That says it all , I think Oprah is a Muslim

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You guys aren't listening. The entire quote was taken out of context. Please look for my last post where it's explained pretty plainly. Obama meant to say Muslim Faith because he was making a point that McCain hasn't talked about his Muslim Faith as if he had a muslim faith.

There are so many other opportunities for you guys to come after Obama. Why waste your energy on something you know is incorrect?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join