It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOXNEWS offers up the idea Kim Jong II is dead and an imposter is running North Korea.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
"Is Kim Jong Il for real? The question has baffled foreign intelligence agencies for years, but a veteran Japanese expert on North Korea says the “dear leader” is actually dead — and his role is played by a double.

The expert says Kim died of diabetes in 2003 and world leaders, including Vladimir Putin of Russia and Hu Jintao of China, have been negotiating with an imposter..."
www.foxnews.com...

How much truth there is to this in unclear...but if FOXNEWS is reporting it...they must think there is some truth to it.
This could explain the way N. Korea has backed away from it's nuclear ambitions so easily.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Johnny_Utah_
if FOXNEWS is reporting it...they must think there is some truth to it.

Are you saying FOXNEWS would not lie?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This article was posted in the Daily Telegraph (UK)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Is Kim Jong Il for real? The question has baffled foreign intelligence agencies for years, but a veteran Japanese expert on North Korea says the “dear leader” is actually dead — and his role is played by a double.

The expert says Kim died of diabetes in 2003 and world leaders, including Vladimir Putin of Russia and Hu Jintao of China, have been negotiating with an imposter..."
www.foxnews.com...

How much truth there is to this in unclear...but if FOXNEWS is reporting it...they must think there is some truth to it.
This could explain the way N. Korea has backed away from it's nuclear ambitions so easily.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Did I say that? Let me read what I wrote again...hmmm...no, I didn't say that.
And it is a Japanese expert who says it...not geraldo.
If you look at the pictures, it looks possible.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Despite the two obviously different cameras and film - as well as the different times and lighting, I see the same moron in both pictures myself.
Vance

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'll see their Kim Jong Il and raise them an Osama Bin Laden.

Hell of a lot more evidence the other way if you ask me.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Who knows...it may or may not be the same guy. But in a country that is so closed, has kidknapped actors and actresses to make movies for them, and starves a large portion of the people...I can see why they would do such a thing to keep order.
If that is true, though, I wonder who in thier government even knows he isn't the sam guy.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden

if FOXNEWS is reporting it...they must think there is some truth to it.

Are you saying FOXNEWS would not lie?

I'd say ALL the news outlets have been caught in lies.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don' t understand why this would be such a far fetched idea...I'm sure there are people who believe President Bush has doubles (which he may) or an evil twin who helps run the world with a ouija board..I know people believe in the 9-11 media conspiracy...
If the US could have doubles..why would be absurd to think North Korea of all places has done the same thing?
It's not like Kim Jong was the most stable of people...some might say he is/was a little off...paranoid.
Wouldn't a guy like that be on the top of the list of people who would have a double or...four?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If he is dead, i could certainly see why that would be inconvenient to some countries, exactly the same id say, as if it where discovered suddenly that Osama Bin Laden had been dead for several years, or even in captivity.

Sometimes it seems, that even the worlds most hated people, need to be kept alive, for the benefit and privilege of a few, to keep the real truth from discovery.

If indeed it turns out he is dead, who kept his public image alive, and for what reason? even i Cuba not long ago, rumor was abound that Castro was dead, then we ended with , he isn't dead, but the country is in new hands and under his advice.

Even Osama was rumored to be in GITMO, its a game with very few players, but it sure has everyone intrigued.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I don't know if there is an Osama double...I think he got fried in one of those caves and his people keep trying to make the world think he isn't dead.
Just think how hurtful to their cause it would be, if he died like anyone else in the cave while reading a book or squatting in some corner to take a dump. They want the world to believe he is still fighting and when he dies it will be in some dramatic battle.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If Lil Kim is not dead the Chinese aren't negotiating with a fake they are the ones who planted him there.

He will only travel by train, my guess is they replaced him with a chinese double finger prints and all.

chinese visit

It was just over a year after the Chinese trip that he calmed down and become cooperative too

about the same time China dumped between as much as 500,000 troops (some were already there) on his border too (my guess, the manuever was caught)

Chinas slick they didn't want war, with nukes on thier border

Guy is jumping to conclusions, but I also ddon't think it is the same guy...

But at the very least the Chinese scared the crap out of him to calm down

chinese troops

* corrected post, China added 150,000 troops to the border plus existing tropps at the time (still huge numbers)

Alot of scenarios can be derived from this actually, hard to say mine is correct... it's an educated guess, I'm thinking the nuke back down was a ploy? Or they had caught the fake kim?

Or maybe, it is just lil kim and they took him in reign via threat

but inbetween the trip to china, the missile tests and chinese troop build up something went down ina real way between China and Korea and lil kim backed down and stayed backed down.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

[edit on 7-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think OBL is dead - the last few home movies he released looked nothing like. There is a good thread around ATS somewhere of comparison shots of OBL from his videos. The later videos show someone who isn't OBL - the facial features are wrong.

Kim Jong-il? Who benefits from keeping him alive?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
wouldn't suprise me at all. gotta keep that cult of personality surrounding him alive and well. he is/was in his late 60's so they could conceivably keep this going for another 20-30 years if they want to. sucks to be the stand-in who has to look like THAT!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised, though I have always wondered if the train explosion back in 2004 wasn't an actual attempt to eliminate Jong-Il by some unnamed agency....

2004 - NEWS: Train Explosion in North Korea; 161 Dead & 1300 Injured

Probably not, but this new rumor of Jong-Il being dead reminded me of my suspicions from that explosion.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Fox News is not responsible for this report. They are carrying an artcle from "The Sunday Times." The claim is made by Professor Toshimitsu Shigemura, not Fox News.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

If Kim Jong were to die, then men who have helped him all these years would be left to the mercy of the people they helped him enslave.
Look at what happened in Europe when the iron curtain fell...some of the leaders were hanged and I think one of them and his wife were stoned.
There are lots of people who "benefit" by keeping him alive.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Bin Laden murdered ...

www.youtube.com...

He died in 2005.

Check out the BBC (msm) vs Aljazera's version ... snip that BinLaden bit (sic)

[edit on 8/9/08 by ROO-meh]

[edit on 8/9/08 by ROO-meh]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ROO-meh

I saw that the other day...It is strange how easily she let it slip out. It was like it was common knowledge ...even no big deal. I can't believe the reported didn't say anything about it either.
I wonder if she meant to say someone else, but had his name on her mind, so it popped out.
However, if he is dead, whoever this guy is who killed him should be lauded as a world hero.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I wouldn't be surprised, though I have always wondered if the train explosion back in 2004 wasn't an actual attempt to eliminate Jong-Il by some unnamed agency....

2004 - NEWS: Train Explosion in North Korea; 161 Dead & 1300 Injured

Probably not, but this new rumor of Jong-Il being dead reminded me of my suspicions from that explosion.

When that happened, that was my thought exactly.
It was too much of a coincidence that: A) The government of NK would have alloweda munitions train in station at the same time as the glorious leader's train would be passing through.
B) Said munitions train blows up.
It would be next to impossible for U.S. SF's to infiltrate NK that deep to hit the GL's train.
The Chinese could do it, and might have gotten tired of having to play the middleman between the GL and the rest of the world.
It wasnt a missle or guided munitions strike, we couldnt get close enough for a guided munition in broad daylight and a cruise missle would surlehave been seen. Unless it was intercontinental or sub orbital, and there is precedent for such a thing.
The russians used an IRBM loaded with a HE warhead to kill a chechen rebel leader.
Operatives within the rebel group talked the leader into doing a TV interview from a hidden location. Somehow they were able to hide a small homing beacon inside the camera, unknown to the reporter who was going to do the interview.
So after 2 days of being shuttled around blind folded in oder to ensure security the reporter ws taken to a remote mountain hideout and proceeded to record the interveiw.
As soon as he turned on the camera a signal was sent giving the locator's exact position, and the russians fired an intermediate range ballistic missle from some 800 miles away.
It hit within a few meters of where it was supposed to and killed everyone in the area.

OR
I was reminded of a patent listing I saw last year, for a patent that was awarded to the Deprtment of Defense.
A patent for an orbital particle beam weapon(proton beam I think) was issued in 2007. The weapon was described as a charged particle beam weapon to be used for a variety of uses including, the detonation of explosive devices on the ground or buried to a certain depth.
HMMM, an orbital proton beam that can be used blow up explosives on the ground, OMG that's brilliant, you could just paint an armor column or a munitions train and all the munitions would explode.
And I am certain the secret payload the airforce put up in 03 that was the biggest single thing we have ever put in orbit, (the size of a school bus), was this or some other DEW platform.
Or
There was no munitions train explosion at all (just a cover story)and somebody got something on the GL's train while it was in China.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join