It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

craters or domes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i was watching a vid the other day on structures on the moon. it supposedly showed buildings in the middle of a crater and i was wondering how could their be structures inside an impact crater. then i started thinking maby these arent craters maby their rements of old dome structures. because if you notice alot of these craters are perfect circles no matter where you look on the surface. if they are impact craters then only a few would be perfect most would have some sort of angeled impact drag marks but they dont. i was hoping someone could shed some light on this matter.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by special-ed]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Could you maybe explain why there cannot be structures inside "normal" imapct craters? I´m sure some of these craters have been there longer than humans have been around...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
aha im glad you posted this. after reading the alex collier interviews and watching his video's, he's mentioned craft parked in the middle of craters.. well if you look on google moon, on the dark side, the are many big ass craters with... blurred out objects in the center
specifically this one, with 3 lights on it.. in the shape of a triangle?
img204.imageshack.us...

well i found something kind of strange, a square object..
img65.imageshack.us...

crashed ufo?
img20.imageshack.us...

this one is my favorite. the sides are in a triangluar shape
img299.imageshack.us...

this puzzles me.. if its a crater, then there shouldn't be anything in the center...
img110.imageshack.us...

the funny thing is i could sit here for days and take pictures of craters, which many have the exact same object in the direct center(not the triangle, theres another shape). wierd # is allll over the moon, regardless of the blurry/contrast editing.

if any of these actually look peculiar to anyone here, and im not just seeing things, then let me know, and i will definitely find every weird ass crater possible and make a collage out of it.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
While some of the crater shapes would be interesting to see in high res photos (if nothing else for the sheer beauty of them), do note that the "building" in the center is very normal in crater formation. Craters doesnt make for perfect holes in the ground.

Consider a drop of water in a pool, and you get the best and easiest example. It will go down, make a crater on the surface, but then fly up in the center again. With the scale of some of these impacts, the moon might as well have been water when they hit.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by merka]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The scale on some of the pictures is pretty large. Lower-left corner of each picture, a small scale key is present. The size of the items pointed out are in the 5-10 mile range. That's pretty ginormous.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
hey maby they did i was really more asking about the craters themselves. though it does make you wonder why someone would build a structure after a crater hit their or even why they would want to then of course were doin the same thing in a way in new orleans lol

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

what puzzles me is that the craters look like they all have been hit from straight above which would be improbable because of the roundness of the moon and that all objects most likely aren't gonna hit straight. and i'm sure their are some. i just haven't research them. it was really just a thought i had.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by special-ed
hey maby they did i was really more asking about the craters themselves. though it does make you wonder why someone would build a structure after a crater hit their or even why they would want to then of course were doin the same thing in a way in new orleans lol

The chances of a second meteorite hitting the same spot is pretty slim

But in Meteor Crater, Arizona they built a science research station

www.dailyventure.com...

[edit on 7-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by special-ed
most likely aren't gonna hit straight. and i'm sure their are some.

Well there is THIS one...
Posted by Murray

crashed ufo?
img20.imageshack.us...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
While some of the crater shapes would be interesting to see in high res photos (if nothing else for the sheer beauty of them),

Ah yes I agree high res color is so much prettier...as you say the sheer beauty

Welcome to Reiner Gamma

(This version is reduced for the thread... to 10% original
)

top topics

join