It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CNN Capmbell Brown propaganda hour gets called on its crap.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The Capmbell Brown show on CNN has recently become the Obama propaganda hour and Bay Buchanan wasn't having it. I love the part where Capmbell says, "shes using the Republican talking points". Thats the second time I've heard that woman say that. Yet, I've NEVER heard her dismiss a democrats argument the same way. It seems to be the new CNN way of dismissing arguments you don't like.

Yet, another GLARING example of the Obama media propaganda machine.

(Notice Campbell's body language. I'm no expert, but its VERY guilty looking)

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't really watch the news very often as the lazy reporting is a turn off to me. I like the McGlaughlin Group at 5pm on PBS Sunday nights. They have Pat Buchanan and Eleanor Clift and a couple other people. They vigourously discuss the issues but they also seem to understand that the country is made up of people holding diverse and complex viewpoints that reach beyond party lines.

As far as Campbell vs. Fay, I didn't see a problem with it. It happens on many sides.

The jet went on eBay but did not sell.
The jet sold but not for a profit.
I think it was a good move to sell the jet.

I think we all have to grit our teeth for another 8 weeks because 2 months is a VERY short time to get to know a figure who could very well be our next President.

PS: as an ebay seller I LOVE the publicity!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Its not even worth watching (I got about 1/3rd of the way through it). Its pretty damn nit-picky to criticize this stuff, given that all politicians do this type of thing. Whatever, though. The TV talking heads have nothing better to do than overanalyze everything.

Speaking of Campbell Brown, I like how they don't mention on her CNN bio that her daddy is a longtime Louisiana state politician with 30 years of involvement in the Democratic party. I wonder how she'd like it if someone brought up that fact, especially his rather interesting exit from the state political scene back in 2000?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Let me get this straight... You're upset because John and Sarah got called on their lies? You think the media should just let them lie to the public and get away with it? Because bringing their lies into the public is not good for their reputations?

This is what the media is supposed to do.
Dig for the truth and present it to us.

Maybe John and Sarah should just be more honest and not purposely exaggerate about things just to get applause, approval and votes. Just an idea...

By the way, I have SEEN CNN call Democrats on their stuff, too. You just missed it or don't remember it. Google it.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This is what the media is supposed to do. Dig for the truth and present it to us.

Which is why many of us are wondering when they will do the same with Obama? This stuff they are pulling on Palin is nothing more than political gotcha nitpicking, for the sake of electing Obama. They could easily nitpick Obama the same way and have tons of material, but they choose not to.

Like when Campbell says "This could be a problem for her", when speaking of Palin's sale of a plane. Palin sold a private plane that she thought was nothing but an unneeded expense. How in the world can a journalist spin that so obviously and you still thinks its legitimate news?

By the way, I have SEEN CNN call Democrats on their stuff, too. You just missed it or don't remember it. Google it.

I spend a lot of time on this and I can promise you , they don't do this with democrats. There are a few recent media bias studies tat back me up on that.

1. UCLA Media Bias Study

2. Yale Media Bias Study

3. Two different Pew studys showing Obama gets favorable coverage.

4. Rasmusen's

There is more, but I'll leave it at that for now.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I'm glad you spend a lot of time on this stuff, Dronetek, but so do I. I mean, many of us who peruse these folders spend a lot of time on it. That's why we're here, isn't it?

The fact here is that Campbell Brown is being thrown under the bus by the McCain campaign in an effort to try and victimize the campaign to extract sympathy from undecided American voters. How else can you explain their sudden awareness of sexism in the world? They didn't have a problem treating Hillary like a man, but now that Sarah Palin gets questioned, that's too far?

Seriously. Nobody ever got around to answering Campbell Browns question by the way. What has Palin done? I'd love to hear an answer from a republican that DOES NOT include Obama's name. You know it's rude to answer a question with a question, right? So stop asking me what Obama has done when I ask what Palin has done.

We deserve to know what BOTH of them have done. I know I can go to FOX News and get the dirt on Obama, rumor or truth. But i can't go anywhere to get the dirt on Palin. I guess that's over the line.

The double standard has got to stop.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Sorry, your idea of "double standard" must be a little bit skewed in the face of the four media bias reports which have clear links above. Is media bias a valid complaint in the face of those reports from Yale and other universities? Yep.

Mod Edit: Full quote of preceding quote removed, Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 8/9/08 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

The fact here is that Campbell Brown is being thrown under the bus by the McCain campaign in an effort to try and victimize the campaign to extract sympathy from undecided American voters. How else can you explain their sudden awareness of sexism in the world? They didn't have a problem treating Hillary like a man, but now that Sarah Palin gets questioned, that's too far?

Thats just it though. She wasn't trying to get away from answering a question. She was pointing out that the whole thing was nothing but shilling for Obama. Even the grand poobah of partisanship Paul Begala agreed with that!

When she questions democrats, they don't need to go around her, because every question is made to make them look good. Thats not what they do with Republicans. They use two completely different interview styles. Right down to the body language used.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
HA! They refuse to let her be interviewed by anyone!

I don't wonder why. She's a rabid racist bigot. Several of her friends are NAZI symphathizers.

Also, she's not even the Gov. of all of Alaska. The Inuit's don't listen to her, follow her, or treat her with any authority. So she's not even the Gov. of an entire state, just the parts the decide to listen to her.

Could you imagine if say, NYC said "We aren't going to listen to the Gov. of our state and follow our own laws."?

"I'm the Gov. of New York, well, the parts that listen to me."

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
propaganda?

PROPAGANDA?

So now truth to neo-cons is propaganda? Or...Shall we say TRUTH that puts their VP candidate in a bad light..

And you all call "Democrat Leftist Liberals" a bunch of whiners............

The double standards displayed by you guys --- is HILARIOUS.

Guess you also missed the part about Palin cutting funds to special needs children over 60%.......

[edit on 9/7/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Thats just it though. She wasn't trying to get away from answering a question. She was pointing out that the whole thing was nothing but shilling for Obama. Even the grand poobah of partisanship Paul Begala agreed with that!

She wasn't trying to get away from answering a question at all. This was planned out before Campbell Brown even became a part of it! They want to point out around every corner that the whole thing is nothing but a shilling for Obama. Sean Hannity talks SO MUCH about Obama and it's non-stop. Just like Rush Limbaugh and everyone else at FOX. The proof is right there in the pudding, my friend. Because after all is said and done, she never answered the simple question.

When she questions democrats, they don't need to go around her, because every question is made to make them look good. Thats not what they do with Republicans. They use two completely different interview styles. Right down to the body language used.

Well first of all, this is about a war on the media, not Campbell Brown. So it's not about how SHE questions democrats, it's about how the liberal biased media questions democrats versus republicans.

Ask Dennis Kucinich about how the liberal-biased media pumped up his belief in UFO's. That was very sweet of them. Maybe Bill Clinton would like to say a few things about how his name has been dragged through the mud for the past year. John Edwards is definitely counting his blessings that he's a Democrat. Nobody is even returning his phone calls at this point.

But then I look at the Republican Convention and with Rudy, Fred and Sarah all up there on stage spouting their contempt for the opposition. Making fun of Obama. Calling into question the character of a man who has personally helped more common people than Sarah Palin or McCain have probably even met with.

If any media is calling a war, it's FOX against

They did it to Gore.
They did it to Kerry.
They did it to Hillary.
They're doing it to Obama.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

Are you the second account of Mental Modulator? You post just like him, which comes across to me like a kidnappers ransom letter.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

reply to post by justme2

Are you the second account of Mental Modulator? You post just like him, which comes across to me like a kidnappers ransom letter.

Blah blah blah. No I am not him/her. Can't you come up with a valid response? Guess my post hit a bit too close to home.
Attack the post, not the poster.
DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

Coming from a guy with an avatar like yours, I'll probably just put you on ignore.

I mean seriously, "we will nuke you"?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

reply to post by justme2

Coming from a guy with an avatar like yours, I'll probably just put you on ignore.

I mean seriously, "we will nuke you"?

Now we shall pick on the avatar.......
PLEASE put me on ignore drone. Maybe then I'll be spared your childish responses.

Oh, and I wouldn't put it past the Neo-con Nazi's to use nukes...........

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

You have to understand, Dron is a Neocon. If you're not personally sodomizing a underage boy(Ala Foley) while making up "proof" a nation with oil also has WMDs(Ala Nush Admin) and being a racist(Ala the GOP) you're an evil liberal who wants to cut taxes on the bottom 90% while raising them on the top 10%.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It is hard to find news that reports without spin these days.

Much of the news on TV, cable, radio, newspaper and web seems to fall into one of two camps..

Its either, "OMG! Obama is great! I think I'm going to faint! This just in - Republicans rumored to hate kittens and puppies!!"

OR -

"OMG! McCain / Palin is just what we need! This just in - Democrats rumored to want to ban moms and apple pie!!!"

Sure, I exagerated above. But, it really is hard to find political coverage without bias or spin. As a long time lurker - I'm finding that true even here. Not tos say it spin free news is out there..but it does take some looking to find it.

JAK

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Let's remember the topic here is: The CNN Capmbell Brown propaganda hour gets called on its crap.

Go after the ball, not the player.

Thank you,

Jak

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
It is hard to find news that reports without spin these days.

Much of the news on TV, cable, radio, newspaper and web seems to fall into one of two camps..

Its either, "OMG! Obama is great! I think I'm going to faint! This just in - Republicans rumored to hate kittens and puppies!!"

OR -

"OMG! McCain / Palin is just what we need! This just in - Democrats rumored to want to ban moms and apple pie!!!"

Sure, I exagerated above. But, it really is hard to find political coverage without bias or spin. As a long time lurker - I'm finding that true even here. Not tos say it spin free news is out there..but it does take some looking to find it.

Except for the fact we have only 1 network that slightly bent in our favor. The other side has not only thew whole of the TV media, but all of the print media as well. The right has radio, but thats about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

MAJORITY OF OBAMA COVERAGE IN ALL MEDIA IS NEGATIVE
MAJORITY OF MCCAIN COVERAGE IN ALL MEDIA IS POSITIVE

So please, shut your Neocon mouth until you have something truthful to say.

Proof you're a Neocon Hack that needs to be quiet until you have something truthful to say
www.cmpa.com...

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Krieger]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join