It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanity Fair perpetuates the Palin baby conspiracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
In proper fashion, the media acts like its not going after Plain while running stories like this one that give credibility to stupid rumors. Notice the difference in how the media acted when they were Obama rumors. They worked to downplay or dismiss them, not perpetuate them.

www.vanityfair.com...

The Authoritative Trig Palin Conspiracy Time Line
by Vanity Fair
September 5, 2008, 12:20 PM

The McCain campaign won’t countenance it, and Barack Obama has even declared it off-limits, but the question of Trig Palin’s parentage—whether his real mom is Sarah Palin or her five-months pregnant, 17-year-old daughter Bristol—has transfixed the blogosphere. To settle the matter once and for all, VF.com presents this handy timeline juxtaposing both the official narrative and the wingnut conspiracy theories. Vote for the most likely scenario after the jump.

They than have a timeline that lays out why you should beleive in this rumor. Along with lots of supporting comments by the readers. How long until CNN spends an hour revisiting this story?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

They than have a timeline that lays out why you should beleive in this rumor. Along with lots of supporting comments by the readers. How long until CNN spends an hour revisiting this story?

Probably not long, since McCain kicked the press off his bus and has said his VP work wife isn't allowed to talk to the press until after the election.

Yes, he said that. You can't vet my veep, I am a vet! And did I mention a POW?

He's confident she can lead or stare down Iran, BUT NOT CONFIDENT SHE CAN TALK TO SOLEDAD?

Barf.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Its just more election tabloid trash to divert attention away from issues that are far more important.

Its best to leave those rumor filled tabloid papers at the check out counter.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuzusPetals

Probably not long, since McCain kicked the press off his bus and has said his VP work wife isn't allowed to talk to the press until after the election.

Yes, he said that. You can't vet my veep, I am a vet! And did I mention a POW?

He's confident she can lead or stare down Iran, BUT NOT CONFIDENT SHE CAN TALK TO SOLEDAD?

Barf.

Please, provide a quote from ANYONE saying Plain wasn't talking to the press till after the election? They are being cautious and for seemingly very good reason. The same way Obama was about going on Fox.

reply to post by RFBurns

Its just more election tabloid trash to divert attention away from issues that are far more important.

Its best to leave those rumor filled tabloid papers at the check out counter.

Cheers!!!

Yet, when the rumors were flying around about Obama and not in ANY media reports. Everyone acted like it was a dire sittuation that needed to be headed off. Now these rumors are actually picked up by the media and were supposed to just forget about it. I love the double standard.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Please, provide a quote from ANYONE saying Plain wasn't talking to the press till after the election?

If McCain still talked to the press I would.

Why don't you show us the Palin interview since you think she's talking to the press? World Net Daily doesn't count.

I'll wait patiently, but won't hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ZuzusPetals

I don't think shes done an interview yet. Thats not what you claimed. You claimed McCain said she would never do an interview.

Tell me, why wasn't the media worried about Obama gong on Fox? Why isn't anyone pressing Biden to do interviews? He went almost 2 weeks without talking to anyone!

Anyway, nice attempt at a thread hijack. Could you try to stay on topic?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have a subscription to VF and have always enjoyed their articles and respected their reporting.

This article just made me lose all respect for VF.

I'm cancelling my just-renewed 2 year subscription and will be sending e-mails to everyone that 'worked' on this article, as well as to the editor(s) of the mag letting them know that with this trash, they have lost all credibility and, I suspect, will also have lost many of their subscribers.

It is not uncommon for someone to not 'show' at 5 months. Generally speaking, with each pregnancy a woman 'shows' earlier and gets bigger. That was the case with my second pregnancy which was just 12 months after the first, but with my 3rd pregnancy, 11 months after the 2nd, my pregnancy wasn't noticable until the middle of the 4th month ... and I was pregnant with TWINS! So just because her pregnancy wasn't obvious in Dec, it doesn't mean that she WASN'T pregnant.

I've read a lot of interesting articles in VF through the years and now I'm wondering how much, if any, 'truth' there was in them.

VF should be ashamed of themselves and I hope that everyone will e-mail them and express their disgust with the article.

And for the record, I am a McCain supporter, but I would be just as disgusted if this article was done on Michelle Obama. No matter what 'side' this may have been written about, their choice of words and the way it was presented was biased, trashy and unacceptable.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Anyway, nice attempt at a thread hijack. Could you try to stay on topic?

What is the topic? The liberal media sucks? Enough said.

The story should be about how Bristol proves Palin's adherence to Abstinence Only education is a crock.

If she can't teach her own daughter, she sure as hell can't teach mine.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by ZuzusPetals

I don't think shes done an interview yet. Thats not what you claimed. You claimed McCain said she would never do an interview.

Just a McCain aide said it on TV. Not McCain. Remember, he won't talk to the press anymore either.

"A John McCain campaign aide tells Jay Carney that she sees no reason why Sarah Palin should have to answer reporters' queries: According to Nicole Wallace of the McCain campaign, the American people don't care whether Sarah Palin can answer specific questions about foreign and domestic policy. According to Wallace -- in an appearance I did with her this morning on Joe Scarborough's show -- the American people will learn all they need to know (and all they deserve to know) from Palin's scripted speeches and choreographed appearances on the campaign trail and in campaign ads."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Sorry, I don't know how to blockquote and make stuff pretty here.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by ZuzusPetals]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If it turns out Karl Rove was behind this (who else could it be!) I think I may have a coronary!!!

I wish we could get the birth certificate or something official to lay this to rest!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

You know... I sympathize with you on this. But I'm actually not sure what I believe. The "rumor" isn't put to rest as far as I'm concerned. But it just doesn't matter. It's a family matter and none of our business. But it's easy for me to believe that Trig is Bristol's baby.

It just doesn't matter.

I agree, Leo, it's has Karl's sticky fingerprints all over it.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I really don't want to see you ranting anymore about Obama "emails and rumors" like you usually do. Its obvious your all about the, "do as I say, not as I do" tactic.

I agree, Leo, it's has Karl's sticky fingerprints all over it.

Oh what tangled webs you guys weave.......

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I really don't want to see you ranting anymore about Obama "emails and rumors" like you usually do. Its obvious your all about the, "do as I say, not as I do" tactic.

Hey, I said I sympathize with you and that this is a family matter... What do you want from me?

I'm an Obama supporter. I took the time to debunk Obama emails and rumors. You're free to do the same for your guy.

And if you don't want to see me ranting, I suggest the ignore feature or not opening my posts.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Hey, I said I sympathize with you and that this is a family matter... What do you want from me?

Nothing less than your unconditional surrender to Bush's 3rd term (and your privacy) while you respect Sarah Palin's private life and right to intrude on yours.

Hey, she aint had 4 DUI's like Cheney!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That is by far the most absurd rumor I have ever heard in my life. The Obama campaign and the bloggers spreading this filth are showing their true colors and they are ugly.

Vanity Fair should be ashamed. I didn't realize they were a tabloid publication. The lengths the elitist media and Hollywood will go to to elect Obama astound me more and more each day.

Too bad most of America more closely relates to Palin and she and McCain will make this obvious on November 4th.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
That is by far the most absurd rumor I have ever heard in my life. The Obama campaign and the bloggers spreading this filth are showing their true colors and they are ugly.

The blogger spreading this filth is named Dronetek. The site is ATS.

And here's your sign...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Vanity Fair is about as realiable as the National Enquirer (in most cases, heh) for political information to be perfectly honest with you.

I wouldn't ever get my political information from Vanity Fair, never on my worst day. I mean, there are lots of irresponsible "media outlets" on both sides of the fence, both in the tank for Obama and McCain.

I have a couple of issues surrounding Palin's latest baby. I don't believe the mother is Palin's daughter and i REALLY don't care, just like many voters. I know that Sarah Palin's reluctance to answer questions has put her in the cross hairs of tabloid media like this who immediately think it MUST be true if she's not willing to talk about it.

And just a quick note about Biden not doing interviews... He has done interviews. Long interviews. He has also done plenty of speeches where he has answered LOTS of questions asked not by journalists, but by everyday citizens of this country. So don't tell me they're hiding Biden because they're not.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
Vanity Fair is about as realiable as the National Enquirer...

Both have a history. Sarah Palin does not.

Take an INTERVIEW MRS. VEEP!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think Trig's father might also be put into question depending on how this plays out in the National Enquirer:
Palin and Secret Lover

Either way, the circumstances around her 'hidden' pregnancy are what caused the fervor over Trig. She apparently did everything she could to hide the fact she was pregnant until the third trimester. Since the American public still knows very little about her, and she is running on a platform of 'Strong Family Values', the questions are in no way 'out of line'.

Neither is questioning her platform of Abstinence and a pregnant teenage daughter. While there is the silver lining of the daughter's engagement and lack of 'teen mom abortion', it totally skirts the fact that while Palin was at work as Governor, her 17 year old got knocked up, and now has a much steeper climb in life. If Palin had supported comprehensive sexual education, her daughter would have been 'allowed' the choice of birth control, even if that 'protection' was only a condom.

I am sorry, but the lack of information in the public awareness combined with the lack of access to Palin in the media makes me completely reject her ticket as a candidate for my vote. I was unsure for a while about her, but the secrets that keep coming out about her, and the way the secrets are being handled sickens me. I was born and bred a Republican. I have packed away my first Christmas ornament of with a Republican elephant. Bush I soured me, Bush II took me off the reservation. Ron Paul inspired me, and now the McCain/Palin ticket has me looking elsewhere with my votes. I believe that my Party has completely lost their way.

Some around here think that I am in the tank for Obama. I must admit that his candidacy has inspired me in ways that the McCain campaign has come anywhere close to achieving. The choice of Palin is not 'historic', it is trivial. Ferraro was historic. Clinton as well. Her choice was nothing more than pandering by a party scrambling not to lose to Obama. Sure, she has invigorated 'the base', but not the real base of the Republican Party. The base she has invigorated is the Dominionists and Born Agains that are working for armageddon. In addition to 'the base' of Christian extremists, I imagine that Palin as VP would also invigorate 'the base' of Extremist Muslims that would kill her in the street for her own Vanity. Fair? Not at all...

But worrying about whether or not Trig is her baby, her daughter's baby, or even her secret lover's baby is a moot point.

Especially when 'the base' translates in arabic to 'Al Qaida'.

Palin is a terrible choice as VP. If only for the fact that the United States has so many issues going on in the Middle East. While her beauty and outspoken nature will not win us many Arab Allies, I am sure the hockey moms are eating it up.

Maybe if she were ugly, then she would be a better choice.
DocMoreau

top topics

join