It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Peckman/Romanek video any news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Jeff Peckman/Romanek video any news?

Hi all,
I was searching ATS and google to see if the was any news on when they might be releasing the footage of the alien caught on camera, and found nothing.
I understand that they were currently in negotiation with a company with regards to making a documentry about Mr Romaneks ecounters with aliens and Ufos over the years.
Has anyone here heard any further news?

The case is certainly interesting and yet very strange that the footage was shoot 5 years ago and is unveiled with a lot of media coverage in a closed press conference and then the story disappears.

I hope that the Birds-eye Big foot hasn't put them off

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
there will be no news, the investigation has taken over 5 years, and not one frame of video has been released for public examination...

when pressed, the response was "we're very busy people, doing this part time, we cant be rushed" or similar effect...

even if they devoted one day a week for those 5 years, they would have had plenty of time to at least present something...

the whole thing smells like hoax... they're obviously preparing a release of a dvd for sale...

one piece of video, that was blatant cgi (amateurish pixel stretching and character rigging) who i showed to someone well known in the case, who had seen the original footage shot by them and she agreed it was theirs...

i'd say the case is closed on this one, another hoax to throw on the pile.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dalek

They could of learned their lesson from the Georgia Bigfoot guys and the mess they created. They dug a hole that was too deep to get themselves out of. Tom Biscardi is now disgraced even more than he ever was before, and one of the cop lost his job. I think the public is tired of being hoaxed, and the next one will be very bad when exposed.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
there will be no news, the investigation has taken over 5 years, and not one frame of video has been released for public examination...

Wrong. A frame from the actual footage was released by Romanek on the Larry King
Live tv show and was discussed all over the world. Fact.

Later a 15 seconds clip from the alleged alien footage by Stan Romanek was posted
in Youtube. This clip was shortly later removed by Youtube claiming a copyright
infringement but people already copied the clip and these coopies began appearing
in Youtube awakening a legal battle among Romanek and associates with Youtube to
remove all of these copies. This was the De Facto confirmation the 15 seconds clip
was the authentic footage.

I received confirmation by a Romanek's close friend that the clip was the real one
and it was regreattable that someone from the DVD production company leaked and
uploaded the clip to Youtube, even that they made some inquiries could'nt find the
guy responsible for this.

There is still one video on Youtube that seems to have survived the removals.
I don't know for how long it will be there but in the meanwhile here is the link.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I would think that if someone had proof of alien visitation, the potential global impact of that would prompt any person of good morals to immediately come forward with everything they had. It is interesting that this does not seem to be the case here.

When Rocky Mountain Paranormal (RMP) posted a copy of that youtube video on their web site to comment on it's quality and authenticity, they were told by Romanek's lawyer to take it down. Here is what RMP said about that:

“By the advice of Mr Romanek’s lawyer, we have removed his video & images. We originally felt this was fair use, as we were publishing a snippet of it for the purposes of political commentary, and felt that purpose was of greater value to society. But Mr Romanek’s lawyer has informed us that it could hurt Mr Romanek’s market for this content. We thought it was about a political issue. Apparently, Mr Romanek has other plans”.

The political purpose mentioned involved Jeff Peckman's ballot issue in Denver to create an Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission, and his use of this video to help bolster his points.

So what I can glean from all this, is that the video's fair-use distribution has been denied because it might hurt Romanek's Book/DVD sales, which will include it. While at the same time, Peckman apparently can continue to use it as he will for his political purpose, yet the video can't otherwise be criticized, because it can't be shown by anyone except Romanek and Peckman.

Apparently the ballot issue has been moved again, and is now scheduled for the May 2009 ballot (assuming they get the necessary signatures to get it on that ballot). I expect we'll here more about all this once that time frame rolls around.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

I received confirmation by a Romanek's close friend that the clip was the real one
and it was regreattable that someone from the DVD production company leaked and
uploaded the clip to Youtube, even that they made some inquiries could'nt find the
guy responsible for this.

www.youtube.com...

So sad. Romanek will never make his millions now. A piece of video, no matter how authentic, can never be considered proof with today's technology, unless under highly special circumstances. Romanek shouldve known this. If he wouldve released it immediately for free, his credibility would still be intact.

This video could easily be CGI although I havent made up my mind yet. I'm leaning toward 'bigfoot in the freezer' after the 5 year wait. After the countless hoaxes this year, I'm almost ready to sue.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Sorry, but THAT thing?!

Some of the fakes are more convincing!
Are you sure that's the original footage or just another fake? I heard that they were suing for releasing a fake.

He recently did a lie detector test, which he failed.......

Any news?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there. I find it highly alarming if I'm the first person to post this information for I don't really have a great deal of time to devote to this subject, but I came across it and can't find any evidence of it being discussed elsewhere.

Basically Stan Romanek has been working on some documentary to explain his story. He released a trailer a month ago and it includes a short segment of an alien in his house. (2mins 37 in)
www.youtube.com...

I personally believe the guy and it will be interesting to see what else is in the film. But then again, I also believe the Reed alien case so each to their own...

Debunk away! (Oh yeah, he's making a film right.. = CASH right? = HOAX right???? lol case closed)

edit on 7-5-2012 by holodex because: spelling inaccuracy

top topics

join