It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peres: I oppose strike against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Peres: I oppose strike against Iran

www.jpost.com

"I do not support military action against Iran, but the world must become a united front and impose harsh economic sanctions on Iran," President Shimon Peres said on Friday.

Speaking at the Ambrosetti Forum, an annual gathering of global political and business leaders in this Italian lakeside resort, Peres said that most of the Arab states were opposed to Teheran having nuclear weapons, and the world at large would not allow terrorists and extremists to have nuclear weapons of mass destruction at their disposal.

He said he was certain that Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and the next president of the United States would share that opinion, as would the leaders of Europe. "It is up to all of us to stop the Iranian threat," Peres said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Interesting, the former PM of Israel Simon Peres is against military action and would prefer a diplomatic approach with Russia and the US at the table.

It is true that Iran having nuclear capabilities is not something that would lend itself to stability in the region, and there has to be something Iran wants more than Nukes. Perhaps if they'd stop rattling the sabers on both sides we could come to an agreement before starting World War 3.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join