It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Georgian troops shooting at civilians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Video shows Georgian troops shooting at civilians

www.russiatoday.com

RT has obtained a video which shows Georgian troops firing on civilian buildings in the South Ossetian capital of Tskhinval.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.russiatoday.com...

The mobile phone footage was apparently recorded by a Georgian soldier as he operated a machine gun. His cry of 'Yoo hoo!' as he fired on the building reminded some viewers of 'a child playing a video game' - but they were real bullets and real human targets.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I do realize this is being used as part of a broader Russian propaganda war. But this is real. These are American trained Georgian troops. After having seen similar videos of our own military, and the likes of Blackwater doing exactly what is shown in this video, it does not surprise me that this has happened. What i would like to know is WHY? Who orchestrated this, who planned it in this fashion? If the Georgians really wanted to be right, why resort to this?

www.russiatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
350 + south ossetian civilians killed are confirmed

www.abovetopsecret.com...

First victims of Ossetian War identified
A complete list of all the victims of the conflict is not yet available as information is still being collected by South Ossetian authorities. The following are the names, dates of birth, causes of death and burial places of South Ossetian citizens so far confirmed killed in the fighting between the 7th and 12th of August 2008.

1. Ataev Alan Muratovich, 1971 D. O. B. Killed during the conflict. Buried in courtyard of apartment block.

2. Kelehsaev Murzaba V. , 1944 D. O. B. Shot by a Georgian sniper. Buried in Tbet village.

3. Petoev Albert S., 1943 D. O. B. Killed by a BM-21 Grad rocket. Buried in Vladikavkaz.

www.russiatoday.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Can anyone put this on youtube?
The russia today video is crappy.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

www.youtube.com...

Ask and you shall receive.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Hey thanks for that the RT version was a drag.
So after watching this a little clearer I can say it really shows nothing about who it is where it is and who they are shooting at.

How can we even be sure its in Georgia?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Hey thanks for that the RT version was a drag.
So after watching this a little clearer I can say it really shows nothing about who it is where it is and who they are shooting at.

How can we even be sure its in Georgia?

I have no way of independently verifying the authenticity of this video. You may be right. Russia Today might be pulling a CNN and distorting facts. But cell phones probably would be recovered from dead Georgian troops and searched for things like this.

Again, knowing the habits that have been attributed to western troops, and mercenaries, this sort of thing would not surprise me. This story is VERY preliminary and very little information has made it to the wires about it. I suppose only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Yep agreed however there is many videos of surveillance cams of Russian troops looting bashing people etc and yet no surveillance cams of Georgians doing this.
Which seems a little odd because more cams would have been operating when Georgia first came into those areas.
Im not really sure what to think to be honest.
Best way to verify anything would be to ask someone unbiased person who's been there watching it.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

To me this could be Russian troops firing at Georgian buildings and recording it for propaganda purposes. While it is as inflammatory as the Michael Moore shots of the US soldiers more or less doing the same thing, at least in his he turns the camera around and shows you the men actually doing it. This is weak.

Also, anyone who thinks that russian troops would behave differently is fooling themselves. This is how it is on all sides.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wytworm
reply to post by projectvxn

Also, anyone who thinks that russian troops would behave differently is fooling themselves. This is how it is on all sides.

Agreed. It seems everyone is screaming hypocrisy at each other not realizing that the problem is that this is happening in the first place.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
War is a nasty buisness..no matter who is pulling the trigger.

There is plenty of documented evidence that soldiers from every country on this planet, including the US, has fired at innocents.

Some obviously not on purpose, some are on purpose. The point is that war is a nasty buisness, and once that bullet, or missile leaves the barrel, there is no absolute certianty that it will miss an innocent who just happens to be in the way.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Thanks for the list. Tho it could have been sized down a bit or simply linked to so as to not have to scroll a mile down the page to read the next post!

But thanks again for posting it!

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
all you have to watch is teh video of teh georgian soldiers rifle butting the reportes to see how these `allies` of the USA act.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If this is the best they can come up with as 'proof'..

All it proves as that shots where fired in the general direction of houses, with no indication whatsoever of who is firing the shots.

Come on, Russia, you've been masters of the shadow-information age for decades, where's your sense of flair ?

At least you could have dragged up some Georgian uniforms to make it look somewhat credible..

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
War is a nasty buisness..no matter who is pulling the trigger.
There is plenty of documented evidence that soldiers from every country on this planet, including the US, has fired at innocents.

Yep that's 100% true as well some people its like handing a gun to a chimpanzee on lsd.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
all you have to watch is teh video of teh georgian soldiers rifle butting the reportes to see how these `allies` of the USA act.

Sounds like the police in St Paul! I wonder if any of them are moonlighting?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Did you people happen to check the list?
There are many people around late 60's to 80's described as being shot by sniper fire and that is just the number of dead people, how about the wounded?
If this list is accurate then this act is barbaric to say the least.
We didn't see such display of anymosity not even in the Bosnia war or even at the Israeli - Palestinian clashes.

Either it is just propaganda, or either someone was trying to provoke a very angry response from the Russian side. I do not know with which one of these assumptions I must side.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Please people don't be so gullible to believe Russian propaganda, they've been proven to be liars on almost every occasion. It's likely this is false information too!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well... no point posting this kind of things here on this forum then... most of you in here belive CNN anyhow... after all "Russia Invaded Georgia" right?

Lets go back to that video! Have any of you in here heard Russian language? If yes then you wont mistake it with language that "murder" was talking in... and yes he was talking in Georgian!

Another thing... no where have I've seen reports of Russian troops shooting at Georgian population...

You people in here will belive anything as long as Russians will be at fault...

Georgians them selves already said that they were shelling town... what the F* more you all need? oh my bad... Mr. Bush did not say so yet... well then i guess it is not true what Georgian authorities said!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CTPAX

Wow, so you are baiting us to find out the depths of our hatred towards the ruskies? Not a chance Americans dont play that game, we see people as individuals.

It is always possible for the great propaganda machine to play during time of unrest, you know that right?

It matters to me personally NOT who was behind the guns, I feel sorry for the poor people stuck in the middle, the civilians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join