It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Poltergeist Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

This is surveillance footage from a deli in Connecticut. The owner saw the condition of his store in the morning and called police. This is what they found on the video tape. The police report lists it as "unexplained phenomenon". Apparently the location was used as a "rum running" location during Prohibition.

And here's the link for the video:
www.hauntedamericatours.com...

Of course people will say it was done with wires or thread or something like that, but if so it's very well done - that "spin" movement of the chair would take a little doing.

What do you think? Just another hoax, or the real thing perhaps?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
That "spin" movement would be exactly what you would expect if a string were ties to one of the chair legs. Anytime you pull something not in line with its center of gravity, its going to spin a little.

I'm not saying thats what happened here, just that thats what you would expect from a string.

Also, something is fishy about the story. 2 chairs slightly out of place is simply not enough to make an owner call the police, especially when theres video surveillance.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Problem with this video is it's to easily faked.
I mean, sure it looks cool, but the grainy video could hide any lines that may be visible. Also, as Heike pointed out, the may they move seems to make it likely that they were puled with springs. As for the item falling, can't prove it wasn't somebody knocking it over with something.

Also: Youtube is blocked at work, but that's a youtube video. Shouldn't have been able to see it. Weird.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hmm, something gets me here, I watched the video earlier today and in liue of the other posters I'm going too go down the line of "staged", though I'm not 100 percent sure.

I will ask a question though...

How many of you out there have or know of security cameras that record constant un-interupted imagery?

Fox.

(Thanks for the link too that website BTW, provided me with heaps of reading. :up

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Pretty cool video!

Thanks for sharing!

I found the part where the chair and the table move simultaneously quite intriguing........

It could be fake, but the movements are really fluid.

A lot of Ghost Hunters episodes have stuff like this happen, I wouldn't doubt if this were the real deal.

Star and flag from me

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au
How many of you out there have or know of security cameras that record constant un-interupted imagery?

Well the cameras don't do the recording.

Typically a DVR is an ideal recording medium, however judging by the grainy picture, its probably a tape cassette. Tapes can only run for a few hours or so, but if its a DVR then anywhere from a few days to a few weeks could potentially be stored and viewed at any time.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I agree that due to the grainy video, it is possible that they were rigged with string. The object falling could be someone out of camera view above, dropping the object off it's perch.
This doesn't mean I don't believe in poltergeist activity because I saw stuff much worse than this with my own eyes when I was about 8 or 9 years old.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

Great catch! The DVRs that do the recording only do a frame every few seconds, not a constant recording as fox stated. The DVRs are meant to have a weeks recording in them. I was going to use Occam's razor to state this was probably faked, but the video catch seals the deal. (I worked for a convenience store a while back.)

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, I knew that at least some of y'all were going to say it is fake for various reasons, but I'm not convinced one way or the other.

We don't know for sure what kind of video the store owner has. My husband has a security video system that takes up to eight hours of live video using a VHS tape. He used it to catch people stealing from the salvage yard he used to work at.

If I owned a store (I did once, in fact) and returned to the store in the morning to find the furniture in disarray and things moved from where I left them, my first thought would be that someone broke in and I'd be calling the police too. What other rational explanation would there be for things inside the closed and locked up store to be moved from where I'd left them?

This scenario makes more sense to me than the videos from people who just happened to be filming their hallway or bedroom or back yard for no apparent reason just at the right time to catch an apparition or alien. :shrug:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Too easy to fake.

The first chair to move (the one nearer the camera) could be someone from the other side of the table or under the table; the first chair that is pushed or pulled rotates around one of the legs, like it would do if it had a string attached and being pulled from out the camera's view, to the right; the second chair could be pulled by a string from behind that cabinet or whatever that thing is; the object falling could be pushed by the same person who pulled the last chair.

Giving the time between actions, two people could do it without any problem, they only had to attach the strings to the chairs without being caught by the camera.

Inconclusive.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I starred and flagged as well. I am on the fence about whether its fake, but I find it fascinating. Especially since there is history in the site of the acivity. Thanks for more paranormal reading material, too!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The video is really grainy, if it were cleaned up I'd be more open to it being real, but with the quality of the picture, I'd have to say a lot of that is being done off camera with fishing line. Good find though.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
the jury is still out for me we have cctv conected to a video recorder at work (hotel) and it starts recording when it senses movement and carries on for 5 minutes, it could be a simmaler thing if there was someone actually there then they would have been caught setting up wires or string and as that is all that was seen by the police on the video i would be inclinde to belive its real, but to the same extent it does look a little stage and i agree why would u call the police for a few chairs, a table and a magazine out of place the owner could have doctered the video.

Good video tho

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Actually I own a surveillance system, I am currently running at 30FPS for a 4 day cycle, on 3 cameras.

So yes, they will record fluid continuous video as long as its set up that way.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sorry.

[edit on 9/9/2008 by ArMaP]

top topics

join