It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faking Indigo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
For those of you who beleve indigo kids dont exist your very very wrong...sadly. Indigo Kids arent the royalty people would like to believe either. And all this other talk about crystal children is also nonsence. The truth is. Indigo kids exsist weather you want them to or not because of the plain fact that all it has to deal with is the color of someones aura. I say that Indigo kids arent the new evolved generation because I'm SURE that there were people many years before this whole new age thing came about that people had indigo auras. Indigo aura just means your third eye is open. Its nothing extravigant. I mean yes having ajna open is very useful and a very good thing to have if you want to get into the feild of energy or psycology or telekinesis or something of that nature. But its not new.

My aura and my energy wreaks with indigo and violet. But that dosnt make me a messiah. PLUS, the charactoristics they've givin for the discription of an indigo child just seems like a spoiled little kid. I mean yes I myself do have some of those qualities i.e. I have a BIG problem with authority. But some of the other qualities are so childish. The qualities of someone who actually has their 6th chakra open like that would not have behaviors such as those posted on the enternet.

And the whole thing with the newborns being crystal kids is also blowing me away. Look at it this way. Of course they're going to have the aura of a rainbow because they havent been exposed to the real world yet. they are pure and un touched by tainted hands. Just saying.....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Still_Learning

Someone said mine was blue so what does that imply? This was ten years ago so it's probably some kind of muddy color now.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Blue?
depends on what shade of blue
But normally that is connected to your 5th chakra and it means that you've got good people skills. You can persuade people just by talking to them. thats what i find blue to usually mean. But look it up somewhere and it will probibly give you a better discription.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
no offense meant, I can't see aura colors. But I thought the biggest problem with indigo kids is that

According to psychiatric expert Russell Barkley, the New Age movement has yet to produce empirical evidence of the existence of Indigo children and the 17 traits most commonly attributed to them were so vague they could describe "most of the people most of the time"

from wikipedia

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I don't recall exacltly since whatever the ones looking at were up to, they were doing it pretty quickly and I remember "blue" being mentioned and not much else.

My personality is more like what I read about indigos especially the disdain for authority of any sort. College professors often sound like idiots. Some nastier traits are kept oppositely polarized; it's easy to want to just be a dictator.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mimer

I dont think that they're vauge
I mean some of them describe a typical teenager or a child but not all 17

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
LOLL The name was coined for such people because their predominant aura colours all happened to be indigo. It's not like everyone's running round labelling random peoples "Indigo Children" simply based on the sole premise that they have an indigo aura. That's not how it is. If you were serious about bagging the Indigo/ Crystal Child concept then you wouldn't be referring to them as "spoilt kids" because your opinion would be somewhat more informed about who exactly these people are as well as some of these people's personal history.

One particularly interesting indigo personality is that Russian boy Boriska where i have talked a little about him in this thread:

Indigo

No doubt many superficial people are trying to get a piece of the "Indigo" hype and may be FAKING things up a notch. Although i think you should recognise that this gives the actuality of the idea and credibility of the people who are for real a very bad name.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I used to read alot about Indigo awhile back, and when I was done, I develop the impression that many new agers believe that indigo's are the world's saving grace. And in turn, it seems many new agers who believed that, felt the desire to be part of that movement, to more than they are now, begin to perpetuate themselves to the status of "Indigo."

Many whom are new to the movement themselves are unable to see their auras, so rely on little self-personalities test, and trust me when anyone does any self-survey, they will be bias and will cherry-pick certain aspect of their characteristics/personality/traits that feel would portray them best in a positive image. So even though many aren't true indigo, they'll themselves they are.

And trust me nothing wrong with that, there is nothing wrong with believing in yourself; because you are what you believe. But many indigo fail to ground themselves, and their mind become clouded with the prospect of being indigo.

It seem that many people believe that its the ONLY way they'll ever be special or good enough to help people or the world, and they feel that if they're indigo, they're gifted with psychic abilities. And that is a terrible misconception. They create this false-sense of elitism, with elitism come a sense of perfectionism so they no longer push themselves to be something,

However, I think the are misconceptions with this Indigo "movement" is the fact that many think they have to be born into it. The fact is anyone can become an "Indigo" or to be more specific, anyone's aura can dominantly glow indigo.

Even so what color your aura depends greatly on your holistic health, the color is only temporary, just think auras as the giant mood ring. So yeah your aura can be dominantly indigo one day and then red the next.
Not only that, but people are always "psychic" in their own varying levels, despite not having Indigo dominant auras.

Anyways, I hope this helps people. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to misinform anyone, this is after all my opinion, one of many opinions.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Hey man, I'm not dissing anything
I'm just saying that inigo kids have been around for much longer than the hype has, and that Indigo child means someone who has an indigo aura. And I'm not saying indigo kids are spoilled, just the charactoristics that were givin for them are snobbish

but if u think differently than enlighten me. What is it really like?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
However, I think the are misconceptions with this Indigo "movement" is the fact that many think they have to be born into it. The fact is anyone can become an "Indigo" or to be more specific, anyone's aura can dominantly glow indigo.

Even so what color your aura depends greatly on your holistic health, the color is only temporary, just think auras as the giant mood ring. So yeah your aura can be dominantly indigo one day and then red the next.
Not only that, but people are always "psychic" in their own varying levels, despite not having Indigo dominant auras.

Anyways, I hope this helps people. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to misinform anyone, this is after all my opinion, one of many opinions.

I have heard the same things.
I totally agree.
The aura is ever-changing from one day to the next.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

okay so can anyone tell me how to figure out the color of my own aura?

went on a haunted history tour in new orleans...the tourguide told me she could only see them when she was drunk, lol. So now I'm curious about mine! I live in cincinnati... and I don't feel like there is much of a venue for anything fun---palm reading, astrology, auras..you name it. Maybe I just haven't found it yet. Everyone around here is super christian and hateful to everyone else. I'm not a big fan, lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

HAHA
u live in tha natty
so do I....i hate it here...go to Berkely or San Franciso, thats where its at
But anyway to read auras look online. Start with a peice of paper and look off to the side and let your vision blur. Look past the paper but not at it. Remember. Off to the side somwhere. I would start with red because its the easiest for me and its the most phisical/lowest color in the light spectrum. If that dosnt work just go online or youtube for more detailed explinations

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still_Learning

Hey man, I'm not dissing anything
I'm just saying that inigo kids have been around for much longer than the hype has, and that Indigo child means someone who has an indigo aura. And I'm not saying indigo kids are spoilled, just the charactoristics that were givin for them are snobbish

but if u think differently than enlighten me. What is it really like?

Fair enough... but isn't that what _I_ just said?? I guess i was countering what i though you were saying but we seem to be on the same page...?? So i already have enlightened you - on my perspective.

What is it really like?
I wasn't refering to myself as an Indigo Child, if that's what you're getting at.......

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I found this thread:
A thread on how to see auras

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Eh. idk
maybe I came off too harsh???
hahaha whops LOL

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I don't know, some people might mistake seeing auras for afterimages
en.wikipedia.org...

My best advice is just don't worry about it, as tempting as it is. Your better off just forgetting about it, I mean most of those palm reader, psychics, aura readers are probably scamming you, it's just too much of a risk to be wasting money like that. I mean with all of those money you could buy something nice for yourself.

Though I heard if you REALLY, REALLY want to know, just get a kirlian photograph or aura photograph of yourself and be on your merry way. Or you can look up for real psychics, many who will do long-distance reading for you, then you ask them nifty questions for a limited span of time.

Here are some sites relating to aura and kirlian photography, just something I found during a quick search on google. I personally don't know much about them, just know their end results:
kirlian photography: www.kirlian.org...
aura photography: www.truecolorsauraphotography.com...

edit: that isn't to say these are fail-safe, these methods of photography has their fair share of skepticism from scientists, when it boils down to it, its really all about opinions and perspectives.

edit 2: I almost forgot this, I remember coming across an interesting experiment done with kirlian photography known as the "phantom leaf experiment" a while back, basically people took a picture picture a leaf before and after it was cut, and what people found out was that when even after the leaf was cut, the photograph still showed the leaf original energy field or aura seem to be intact. shadowboxent.brinkster.net...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

Dont discourage her man. Tha natty has got enough of people like that.
She wants to see auras, its not hard. I mean if she really wants to put in the work then let her. No offence I'm just saying, if the girl really wants to see auras I think we should encorage her path.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
still learning.... please don't call it "Tha natti" at least spell it "the nati", lol.
but yea, gotta love the very close-minded nati. When I bring up any sort of abstract topics, my friends look at me like i'm nuts! lol, that is kind of why I joined here. BTW, what part of cincy are you from???

so hey EVERYONE thanks for all of the links and advice on how to see an aura---its like 430 a.m. though so i'm going to try it out tomorrow. maybe i'll be an indigo child, hahaa!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I live in E. Walnut hills

new topics

top topics

join