It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela to host Russia navy exercise in Caribbean

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Your post is an outright lie, and only shows your lack of knowledge of what the Government of Chavez has done to Venezuela since 1999.

Please so some research and THEN, post.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"Let the fear rhetoric continue. I still feel this is a scheme created behind doors between Bush and Putin to get the fear ratcheted up in both nations so the banks and the military industrial complexes in both nations can make some big bucks. Not much money to be made in peacetime now is there?" - mybigunit

Star for you, I believe that is spot on. This thing is set to kick off the day before the election here in the U.S.. There is no doubt that voters will go to the polls with commie-fear in them and which party stands to gain most from such fear-mongering? The republican party.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

I fear for sept 08, 2008. From what i have seen, it is the begining of then end and will last until 2113. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
From another source...

www.latimes.com...

Chavez particularly is unhappy with the re-formation of the U.S. Navy's 4th Fleet, based in Mayport, Fla., which has just begun patrolling the Caribbean after having been disbanded in 1953.

Officials at the U.S. military's Southern Command in Miami have said the 4th Fleet's re-creation is organizational in purpose and is not a response to tensions with Chavez. It involves no addition to forces already stationed at Mayport, Southern Command said.

The announcement of the November exercises did not come as a total surprise. Chavez said during a visit to Russia in July that its ships and airplanes were welcome in Venezuela. In today's statement, the Chavez government said an adjutant to Russian Adm. Popov Fedorovich had been in Venezuela to plan the exercise.

Adm. Cammarata also indicated that Russian vessels may appear in the region before the exercises.

Interesting.

Is there a connection?

The announcement came shortly after Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin warned that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's deployment of several warships to the Black Sea in the aftermath of Russia's invasion of Georgia last month would not go unanswered. It was not immediately clear whether there was a connection between the two events.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

Cuba would not be an option for Russia during this war game exercise since the US already has a nuclear sub base in the Carribean of which is top secret and on a need to know basis and I sure as hell won't reveal where it is though Putin knows and that's all that matters.

What is going on here is Putin is responding (allying militarily with Chavez) to Bush'es setting up a base in Poland as well as providing assistance to Georgia. Both are at Russia's border.

It's a ware game though neither side is going to create WW3 of which both sides would be demolished militarily and economically.

An economic war is at hand and oil is the weapon.

It's been very successful so far with the largest transfer of wealth from the west to OPEC and other non OPEC nations to benefit.

Chavez is using his oil fortune to buy influence in South and Central America. I live part of the year in Central America and see it happening wherever Chavez knows he can purchase influence.

I don't like what all three parties above have done.

They should all be sent to the corner with a dunce hat and made to explain their actions to the 'people'.

Better yet, lets have a INTERNATIONAL DEBATE aired on all international news channels so the people may more accurately see who is right and who is wrong then let em go into the schoolyard to beat the hell out of each other...shake hands....go home...and focus on developing their own countries for the benefit of their home nation.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Spot on mate.
He does hold the oil card and can use it for influence, but that's about it. I was in Carcas in 1992 after the coup and the F-16's, I believe VZ was the only SA country to have them) had bombed the Presidential Palace. I couldn't help but laugh as they continued with tours of the palace as it was still smouldering. No one seemed to care.

ColoradoJens

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join