It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Cuts Supply Lines to NATO Troops in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Pakistan Cuts Supply Lines to NATO Troops in Afghanistan

news.antiwar.com

In a move seen by some as the latest fallout from Wednesday morning’s US attack on South Waziristan, the Pakistani government has ordered that supply lines to NATO troops in Afghanistan be immediately severed for an indefinite period of time.

Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik later denied the report, insisting that the interruption was not retaliatory but only a temporary response to security reports, and that the link had already been restored. Defense Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar, however, said the move was intended to show how serious Pakistan was about its territorial integrity, saying “we have stopped the supply of oil and this will tell how serious we are”.

The move comes as thousands of protesters marched through South Waziristan’s capital of Wana chanting “death to America”. Pakistani media cited unnamed sources who said the move came as the government feared retaliation from South Waziristan tribesmen for the US attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I really think that Russia is going to side with Pakistan in this end of the world WWIII scenario we are currently witnessing.

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I would have cut them off ages ago. With Pakistan threatening and Russia threatening, they would starve in Afghanistan, they need Pakistan and Russia logistically. Nato has left Kabul, it could be due to supply lines being shut off...I think the war in Afghanistan is over, they just don't want to admit it.

join