It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVELOPING: RNC Detainee alleges torture in Ramsey County jail

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

DEVELOPING: RNC Detainee alleges torture in Ramsey County jail

bravenewfilms.org

Elliot Hughes recounts allegations of torture while being detained in Ramsey County Jail. Hughes was detained during an RNC08 protest after reportedly colliding with a police bicycle on accident. He was sent to Regions Hospital for treatment and later released without charges.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.startribune.com
www.officer.com

[edit on 9/6/2008 by sp00n1]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is absolutely sickening.

and the video where he was arrested

bravenewfilms.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

That video is so ridiculous! I mean seriously, that was a bunch of kids PRETENDING to hold a press conference. And the girl claims chemical weapons were being used??? Yeah right.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have to admit the kid in that video does look like a bulimic gay princess.
But if you want to classify pepper spray as a chemical weapon then you need to start putting hazmat signs on Mexican restaurants where they have some serious chili going on.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I agree. It's hard to know how much of their story is embellished.

(Incidentally, when the woman referred to chemical weapons, I assumed she meant tear gas or pepper spray.)

The boy's story, if true, is outrageous.

I'm not sure I liked everything I saw in the second video, though.

This is a tough one to call.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Originally posted by Interestinggg
I have to admit the kid in that video does look like a bulimic gay princess.
But if you want to classify pepper spray as a chemical weapon then you need to start putting hazmat signs on Mexican restaurants where they have some serious chili going on.

Your post doesn't exactly help the position of the law enforcement officers.

In fact, it demonstrates rather nicely why allegations such as these should be seriously considered and investigated thoroughly.

:shk:

[edit on 6-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The response here disgusts me. "A Gay Bulimic Princess"... you are a hateful ignorant bigot.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I'm not sure I liked everything I saw in the second video, though.

I think it all looks silly. I also think maybe some of the protestors got a little carried away with the "warm up" before the protest.

Apparently it took them several minutes to realize they were holding the flag backwards. Wonder if one of the bicycle cops had to point it out to them?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

CS Tear gas, or 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile, IS a chemical weapon. It is not available to civilians, only military and law enforcement, and has been shown to have lethal effects in large doses.

Would you call anhydrous ammonia a chemical weapon? You damn well better believe it because they use it as a weapon. Not only does it burn the lungs, it will burn through any moist skin it encounters. Just because they water it down and sell it as a cleaning product doesn´t mean its not a weapon.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That was probably the dumbest set of videos I have ever watched..

From the "news conference" which was absurd, to the video of kids protesting probably something they don't even know anything about. If they even know why they are there.

Though I had heard reports to that St. Paul police DID use Nerve Agents on college freshmen expressing their malcontent with not understanding worldly affairs .......................

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Before whining about the aftermath, look at the video of why the person got arrested first.

He fell of his bike because a gang of 20 bike cops rode past him and hit him and then he got beat up by at least 3 of them for it.

Where did the Proportional Response and Reasonable Force rules go?
He should've been helped up and sent on his way, not beat and arrested because the cops can't ride a bike.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What I found interesting was how the officers on bikes had their act TOGETHER, they immediately formed a circle around the perp and blocked out any video coverage with their bodies.

I think it would have been extremely scary to have been an officer that day. Remember these guys are shown (before they go out to the streets) horrific videos of innocent looking terrorists doing unspeakable things to people, crime scenes, these guys are ready for anything when they hit the streets. Paranoid, you bet.

The second vid which says it was the bust caught on tape did nothing to convince me the guy did not attempt to knock the cop off his bike, sorry.

Something about this screams something for nothing...

If it were me, I would have run!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I knew it was only a matter of time before we started torturing our own citizens. This is ridiculous. But it isn't the first time cops have tortured someone and here are some examples:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The police have turned from police to military, and because of this employ the same tactics as the military. They are a bunch of abusive torturing bastards and should all be put in prison.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
OK. You guys have the right to your opinions, and though I may disagree with most of the responses here, I will defend to my death your right to express them in a public forum. That is the crux of the 1st Amendment.

I was there. I am actually still in St. Paul dealing with police repurcussions and aftercare. I was one of the protestors out there, as a veteran opposed to the war.

The respondent here who pointed out that CS gas is a Chemical Weapon is very much correct. In fact, it is banned for use in international conflict by international treaty. They were also using rubber bullets, flash-bangs, pepper-ball guns, and many of us are still confused as to the exact nature of some of the weapons that the US Army National Guard were using against us. We've been referring to them as "concussion grenades," but we really don't know.

The torture is real. Mr. Hughes was not the only one to suffer it. I personally witnessed the Ramsey County Sheriffs deploying CS gas at the wheels of strollers with babies in them. I was there during the St. Peter's Gas Attacks, after the Poor Peoples March when the cops were telling us to "proceed northbound along St. Peter, thank you for your compliance" and then shot at us from the northern end of St. Peter for following their orders. There was no sense in this.

If people are not outraged by what occurred here, then as far as I'm concerned, you're either willfully ignorant, or a nazi sympathizer. Either way is just as bad, the next Nuremburg will sort it all out I pray. What happened on the streets of St. Paul this last week is nothing less than a crime against humanity. I, personally, do not agree with all of the beliefs of all of the people out there, but EVERYONE there had their opinions, which were all based on the same levels of research that you all use to formulate their own. I have heard more well thought out arguments last week than have in the last 9 years of coming to this website. So those of you who are armchair demagogues, and spend all of your time on the internet doing nothing useful for this world except poo-pooing everything you see or hear of that doesn't fit your exact mold of things as the way YOU think they should be need to log off, get out in the streets and breathe some of that sh*t yourselves before you call it a ridiculous bunch of horse-puckey being spewn from the mouths of ignorant children.

History may very well show this to be one of the opening skirmishes in the first domestic war in over 150 years. Who knows? But I feel that if you are so easily able to dismiss these events, then you will have a very unfortunate wake-up call coming in the very near future. There were snatch-squads picking people up right off the streets for not looking like republicans, detainees were released on the side of the highway outside of town, elderly women were brutalized with chem weapons and sticks, and the National Guard was telling people that they "wish [they] could just put a f***ing bullet in [our] heads." HOW IS THIS APPROPRIATE?!?! HOW IS THIS AMERICA?!?! HAVE YOU ALL JUST GIVEN UP AND CONTENT TO LET THE MILITARY STATE (it isn't even a police state anymore) JUST COME AND DESTROY THE LAST FEW REMAINING FREEDOMS IN THIS COUNTRY WHICH MADE IT SO STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL NOT SO LONG AGO?!?!? WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FASCISM> IT STINKS OF ROTTING CORPSES OF WOMEN AND BABIES YOU CAN'T MISS IT!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. I bet most cops have never heard of the word "Constitution". I am afraid of this country. I see our rights being taken away right in front of our face. The silly thing is, the "Republicans" think we still have all of our rights to preserve. When you look outside of the RNC you clearly see our right to free speech, and peaceful protest has been stripped from us.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; or to raise standing armies, unless necessary for the defense of the United States, or of some one or more of them; or to prevent the people from petitioning, in a peaceable and orderly manner, the federal legislature, for a redress of grievances; or to subject the people to unreasonable searches and seizures of their persons, papers or possessions." -Samuel Adams

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned...

Our government has declared war on the American people.

It's going to get to a point soon when that kid wouldn't let himself get arrested -- he'd pull out pepper mace and go to town to protect himself from torture or worse.

On that day, more than rubber bullets will be exchanged.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What? Your criticism is that these young citizens were "holding the flag backwards"? What does that mean? Your comment is nonsense. When the flag is hoisted on a flag pole, the wind blows the flag in all directions, to the left and to the right. Do you criticise the wind when it blows the flag to the right? Does the wind blow the flag "backwards"?

Could you be more pathetic in your analysis of what was happening and being done to your fellow citizens that day? Those cops had no reason to arrest that young man. They seem to look for any excuse to be aggressive and oppressive against the very citizens they're sworn to protect and serve. Where in their oath does it state that their job is to suppress peaceful protest and stifle political expression?

[edit on 9/7/2008 by dubiousone]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This isn't anything new. There's all sorts of American jail torture videos on the internet. And they don't just torture you here in a prison cell.

I mean, worse could have happened to the guy, like this dude who got tasered to death on video in a prison:

www.shoutfile.com...;dont-kill-mequot;..html

Its how it is these days. To convince yourself otherwise, you're gonna need a dose of that Mind Control stuff pretty much everyone else has. I mean, ya gotta know about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Nice to see justice served on these street terrorists. If one person in a crowd gets away with pushing a cop off his bike it can quickly escalate into mob violence. These cops did a good job nipping it in the bud.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
those are left winged anarchist and anti globalist they are against authority law and democracy. If its not in Europe its in the USA were they are using acts of terror and civil unrest to create anarchy. They are lucky they are being treated that way was it up to me they would have been send to places like Guantanamo bay.
Because of people like them things are going wrong in nation in Europe they are using there rhetoric to under mine our law and our governments.. Even here in the Netherlands there are trying to bring down people in government just because those people are not doing things like they want it to be.
They rather have criminal immigrants and other lunatics run freely around then have people in government create laws against them.
Those people don't get it if they are so against something get into the political arena and go in to government and use your voting power to do something about the so called injustice they claim there is. But no they rather use chaos, criminal behavior, and acts of terror against there own people.
They have to be brought to law under the patriot act and be trailed for terror and acts of treason against the USA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join