It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you be offended?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Alright, I am posting this not to be cocky or whatever seriously...but I want to ask you guys or women how you would take this?

A little story.

I was out to eat today enjoying my shredding beef burrito, and there was a couple sitting at a table directly facing me.

The woman was faced in my direction, and her man had his back to me.

They even had a kid.

Now, I was just sitting there eating my burrito and the woman kept looking at me! She would stare right past her man and just stare at me. Kinda smile, almost flirting...

I was sitting there like...ummm...youre with your man...seriously stop looking at me.

I wanted to so badly go up to the guy and be like...seriously your chick keeps looking at me, I wasnt flirting back, this is just a guy to guy saying "hey your woman is trying to flirt with another guy right in front of you"

Would you guys be offended if a guy told you that (or another girl if the situation was switched) or would you be pissed off at that guy?

I mean, I sure as hell would! I would wanna know if my girl is attempting to get another mans attention, especially directly in front of me.

I am not trying to sound cocky here like I was trying to steal another guys chick just because I am soooooo good looking or whatever, I am being serious in that would it be my place to pull that guy aside and tell him what his chick is doing?

thoughts?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hypothetical situation, if im with my wife and kid, and some guy comes up and pulls me to the side and tells me my wife is looking at him all flirty like i would be pissed at you. mainly because i completely trust her.

now if i didnt trust her i would be grateful that you were honest and told me about it.

it is a matter of how well this guy trusts his woman i think. which of course, you have no way of knowing.

peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

I've had this happen too.

I would NOT go up to the man thou, one reason you can never be 100% sure, and the first thing he will want to do is punch you in the face.

Sometimes women just stare anyway, or sometimes they like to look at other guys, but it don't really mean she's gonna want to have an affair with you, but I know what you mean when a woman is obviously staring in a flirting way for a long time.

Edit: You also have to be sure it's her boyfriend, did you see them kiss or cuddle or act as a couple. They could be brothers and sisters, friends, cousins, maybe even father and daughter.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would be pissed off.
I'll just be life 'WTF!?!?! You cocky son of a---', you get the picture.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I doubt it is the first time that this woman's eyes have wandered. If her man was paying attention during the meal, i would think he would have caught on that neither him nor their child had her attention.
Part of me cant help but wonder if perhaps you had burrito shmutz on your face. That would have gotten my attention too

At any rate, leaving it be was the best thing you could have done. I cant see where any good would have come out of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Lol yup like others have said best just to leave it alone,

To behonest try and change your thinking on the matter, Maybe kinda feel a little flattered, After all it would be worse if you never got them little glances,

Enjoy it while your young enough to be able to lol,

dont let it bother you,

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
don.t be to strict

i guess it is a sign for the state of their relationship
as others before said, if he isn.t able to recognize that during a meal he hasn.t her total attention it also means that she hasn.t his total attention to
and i guess that tells you everything about their marriage
they properbly just together because of the kid

so don.t bother about it
it is not your business anyway just enjoy that you have been able to catch the eye of a woman - was she nice

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Most guys would take offense, not at you though; they would be offended by their partners actions.
Unless you wanna cause a domestic in the middle of the restaurant, the best thing to do would be ignore her and let them sort it out on their own.
Telling a guy his girl is cheating is more a job for his best friend or a family member.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy05
I am being serious in that would it be my place to pull that guy aside and tell him what his chick is doing?

thoughts?

Assuming what was going on was for real and she just wasn't playing an intentional game in front of her BF, and in fact he was her BF, I don't see the need for you to get involved at all.

It seems that if she is able to flirt with other guys without notice of her BF then maybe her relationship isn't all its cracked up to be to begin with and it says a lot about her or her situation. A relationship like that may very well collapse all on its own without your interference whatsoever so unless you just get off on creating drama (which is almost a hobby for many people), I would just leave it alone and not worry about their dynamics.

If you really wanted to stir the pot however, you could have egged her on to the point that the BF would have noticed and then quickly acted like nothing was going on, that way it would look like she is doing all the flirting and you are just a hapless bystander, since he probably had his back turned to you.

Just my 2 cents, but seriously you'll get older and quit having anxiety about minute details and nuances when it comes to the opposite sex and their significant others.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well was she attractive, or not?

...if she was'nt, would you have wanted to tell her man if she was pretty?

I would be offended if someone came up to me to let me know my man was flirting...some things are better left unsaid!

I know what you mean though!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Did you happen to have a napkin near by? No really! Did you check your face for said burrito sauce that could have possibly been running down the side of your ugly mug?

Staring and smiling, thinking to herself, "Look at this dude, he keeps checking me out while he's got taco sauce clogging his pores, and he has NO idea. I'll just keep smiling, give him an ego boost."

How do you know she was staring at you?.......Maybe cause you were staring back???

Anyway, getting up and telling him that is not a good idea. Unless, of course, you're huge. And by huge I mean, shredded, like your burrito.

-Dev

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i def think that it is so rude of her to look at you while she is with her boyfriend. i mean what do ppl think about her boyfriend when she is acting like that? a lot of people would think "ha ha poor stupid guy, his girl is looking at me - strike!". thats so hoorible for him.
i appreciate that you want to be honest and tell him, but it is always dangerous to get into other peoples relationships. he probably wouldnt believe you and would be offended.
i would be offended too, if a girl comes to me and says "hey your boyfriend is looking at me all the time"...even if she just trys to be honest...it is a strange situation.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Honestly, I would just take it at face value.

She thought you were hot, so she kept looking at you.

If her boyfriend is too stupid to realize what she's doing, he probably doesn't deserve her attention anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

top topics

join