It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever had a 'Why me' moment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
O.k, so this is probably not the first thread i would have liked to have started here though one i need to express either way.

I have had my first 'Why Me' moment and it sucked big time!
I cried, ranted and raged...calmed then slapped myself hoping it will never happen again. who am i who lives in one of the most luckiest countries in the world be so egotistical. sure heaps of stuff is going on in my life at moment though none which compares to some others.

strange i've brought this up on a forum.....
is it sad that communicating with people on forums makes you feel alittle happier than talking to family/friends sometimes?

i would be typically the last person you would find on a conspiracy site let alone a forum of any sort. i used to depise these places though this one of late has become my 'out' which i appreciate. i come here to escape the wirlwind my lifes in at moment and find solice in listening to peoples views on the universe. cant be so bad huh.....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by enlighten2012
strange i've brought this up on a forum.....
is it sad that communicating with people on forums makes you feel alittle happier than talking to family/friends sometimes?

Hi enlighten2012. Sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time. I'm sure that all of us have probably had a "why me" moment or two in life. And yes, even as screwed up as our country seems to be right now it certainly could be worse. It's not always easy to "count our blessings" when things aren't going our way, but I try and it helps me to redirect my thoughts.

You know, I think it's easier to talk about some things on the boards because we have no reason to judge you or be biased. It doesn't matter what you look like, where you live, what bad habits you may have, if you smoke, if you drink, if your socks don't match.....you're a member, part of the ATS family. And if it helps you to type it out, if it gives you some sort of release from your troubles then type away. I'm definitely sending some positive thoughts your way.

Rush

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
just one why me? I think it would behoove you to count your blessings, and be thankful of it being just one so far. That which does not kill you, merely makes you stronger. Buck up and keep on truckin'.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

people do judge ect here though thats cool...life would be alittle boring without alittle debating.

thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
just one why me? I think it would behoove you to count your blessings, and be thankful of it being just one so far. That which does not kill you, merely makes you stronger. Buck up and keep on truckin'.

yeah just one. although we had it alittle tough growing up and been through heaps of ups and downs in my adult life, i've always looked on the brighter side to life....i was born in a country where opportunities knock at your door instead of vis-versa so couldent imagine being so selfish as to say 'why me'.

i do count my blessings every day and do also hold close your comment that what dosent kill you makes you stronger.

cheers.

new topics

top topics

join