It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Ron Paul start his own party?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What would be a good name for it? My vote would probably be the Freedom Party. Freedom from the IRS, freedom from the Fed, freedom from US troops overseas, freedom from wasted money on foreign wars, but probably most importantly, freedom from corruption.

If he did, how would it differ from the Libertarian Party, or The Constitution Party or Green Party?

What about just running as an independent?

And arguably, he already has started his own party, it just needs a good name and formal declaration of such.

That little rally in response to the RNC not inviting him might as well be remembered as the Freedom National Convention. FNC.

There's names close to The Freedom Party, like Freedom Party International....

[edit on 6-9-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
He should call it the Country for Change Party. Why not steal from the reps and the dems.

Any patriotic person who really desires to put Americans and America first should start their own party. If the man is one of his word and can prove he is not like the others, millions of true Americans will follow. When I say true Americans I am talking about Americans that know and realize that neither party is doing their job.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If he does whos going to support him? Most of his "self proclaimed" supporters turn out to be pro-bush, pro-war gun trodding voters who only use his name as some impartiality badge in anycase.

Sure you'll get some true supporters who will go different from the GOP and the Democrats but they will be but a small minority. If he does though, good on him, the nation needs political diversity, there shouldnt be just a rightwing and left wing to go for.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yes, Ron Paul should start his own party, but he should not be the candidate. He dosen't have the appeal. He is a nice guy and good hearted but comes across too weak.

He should not throw in with the Libertarians, they have a proven track record of being hamstrung. They are so bound by their ideology that they seem incapable of functioning in the real world. When that libertarian ran for governor in MA she could have been elected, because of her abolish the insane taxes position, but she could not stop reciting the same slogan over and over when she got her chance to appear in a public debate.
She came across like a mooney on thorizine.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
If he does whos going to support him? Most of his "self proclaimed" supporters turn out to be pro-bush, pro-war gun trodding voters who only use his name as some impartiality badge in anycase.

Well, I know of at least 12,000 in MN who would hardly be Bush supporters, because they would have instead been at the RNC. I think every last one of them would beg to differ with you on that opinion. 12,001: me.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well hey, Im sure there are true believers but be frank I dont buy into many of these others sorry.

One day these members will be for Ron Paul, down with the two party system! Bush is bad! Obamas no different! vote Ron Paul etc. The next day these very same members will post some propaganda thread from one of these two parties. You cannot deny that there are those out there that pose as Ron Paul supporters or "independents/moderates" to sound impartial in their arguement in favour of either McCain or Obama. Its a pattern Iv seen in almost all political blogs iv been to, people just arent real...

That being said I applaud some of his true supporters for sticking to their guns and voting for neither, thats what I like, honesty, loyalty, regardless of whether I disagree with Ron Paul and some of his views.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Why not steal from the reps and the dems.

Because if I know RP, the last thing he'd do would be steal.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
LOL........Alright....

Guess we will just have to use eminent domain and give the government a taste of their own medicine..

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
before I even clicked on this thread, I thought of the name "freedom party" . good call OP. I think there are more than a few people on ATS who would get down for the cause. But I don't see why he couldn't run as the initial canidate seeing as he may have the most recognizable name at first.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Freedom Party has a wonderful ring to it

Hopefully we could select a mascot fitting of the cause, perhaps an eagle or a dove.

We already have the fat dumb greedy elephant and the lazy predictible jackass...not much to get excited about there

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well honestly I always thought his slogan "Hope For America" was a little bit lacking in impact. I always felt there was something better. And now they seemed to have adapted the "Campaign for Liberty" angle, which I don't know if is really any more effective.

But I really do like some of things the mission says:

Respect for the Constitution, the rule of law, individual liberty, sound money, and a noninterventionist foreign policy constitute the foundation of the Campaign for Liberty.

Along with all the other statements in the mission page, sounds like a good foundation for a new party to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Freedom or Liberty party sounds ok I guess.

But, I think I'd vote for the "Democratic-Republican party". Since the democrats and republicans are really just federalists, I think bringing Jefferson's party back would be very fitting.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ron Paul is his own party. There are no dissenters, no opposition, no other thoughts other than from him. He is a wanna be dictator trying to wrap himself in the constitution.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Ron Paul is his own party. There are no dissenters, no opposition, no other thoughts other than from him. He is a wanna be dictator trying to wrap himself in the constitution.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Fromabove]

Please, what a bunch of crap. He is the only person who recognizes the individual needs and the minority. He is the only person that asks - is this even a job of the government while all the others agree that everything is a function of the government and then they just argue about who is the one in charge and how to carry it out.

I guess this is why I don't post on the political threads to much around here. There certainly isn't any denial of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I think a good read on the rise of Nazi germany would do good. Hitler said a lot of right things for all the wrong reasons. He preached a nationalist motherland theme that was a hit. Ron Paul merely uses the Constitution for an end to his means. Once in power he would attempt to dictate to the masses his own world view.

I've seen his supporters up close. They get violent when dissagreed with. That's all I needed to know.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

And the central bank’s ability to create money out of thin air transfers wealth from the most vulnerable to those with political pull, since it is the latter who receive the new money before the price increases it brings in its wake have yet occurred. For economic and moral reasons, therefore, we join the great twentieth-century economists in opposing the Federal Reserve System, which has reduced the value of the dollar by 95 percent since it began in 1913.

www.campaignforliberty.com...

FRS: The root of all evil.

I wonder if Obama's pastor wouldn't mind showing Dr. Paul the fundamentals of exorcism...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Wow, so if the rumors are true, and all the 3rd parties drop their candidates and endorse Ron Paul, then all the more reason to start a new uniting party. And the Freedom Party to me would be a befitting name for such a party.

Let Freedom Reign.

But whoa, how are they going to get all this together in time? That's a lot to do!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

YES!!!

PAUL 08-12

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ron should join the pre existing Libertarian Party . He certainly has no business being in the Republican party where is political views are not welcome . In other parts of the world come election time he wouldn't have been selected to run again . It doesn't really matter either way if Paul ever entered the main stream many of his anti establishment supporters would turn on him because he would be perceived as a part of the establishment .

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Ron should join the pre existing Libertarian Party .

Again? I think his run in 88 and just being in the party in general did not give him near the exposure that he has now. I'd be surprised if he rejoined.

And actually, I doubt he could unify the other parties, because there are just too many core differences between them- which is why there are so many other parties to begin with, and not just one third, big party (other than the Reps/Dems).

He certainly has no business being in the Republican party where is political views are not welcome .

He actually has more business being in the republican party than any of the other Rep candidates. Because he represents the core, traditional republican values better than any of them. It is the current GOP that has changed its stance on issues, rather than a Ron Paul who has changed republican values and traditions.

In other parts of the world come election time he wouldn't have been selected to run again . It doesn't really matter either way if Paul ever entered the main stream many of his anti establishment supporters would turn on him because he would be perceived as a part of the establishment .

Not sure I completely understand that comment, xpert. As long as RP stands for what he does, and intends to make the changes he knows we need, I can't see any supporters turning on him period- establishment or not. It is an issue of values, platform, and intent- not a popularity contest. At least- it would be nice if it wasn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join