It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Questions of my own

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedda Piras

So, what are you trying to say? That the dates are off? So, how does that affect the way I should think about the Bible version?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Are you saying that satan went back in time, invented the story of gilgamesh before the bible was written ?

WTF kind of logic is that ?

You claimed that, not I.

Genesis was written by Moses 2,000 years after Adam and Eve were created.

Who said anything about Satan going back in time?

Did you even watch the videos?

I'll assume you did not, that was part 2 of the information I posted.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

[/quoteOne can logically assume that the father of lies would tell other societies these things. Purpose for that? So millions of people in the future could look back and use it as a reason not to believe.

Checkmate, another several million souls not saved. Satan is the father of lies. Do you ever wonder why ALL Major and ancient religions of the world have the EXACT same symbol, or "mark" except for Christianity????

This is NOT "coincidence".:

www.youtube.com...

So this is where you are NOT implying that satan invented other flood stories which happen to have been in cirulation well before the bible was wirtten ?

if Satan did not go back (In that it would appear that satan is a gospel invention) and insert the gilgamesh story in the timeline then what is your explanation, for the Noha story being a carbon copy of the epic of gilgamesh ?

yes I watcheded your video, and to be honest I 've never rally had much time for astrology or numerology. They may have been a popular pseudo science in ages gone by but are yet another far out mystical without any merit. Unless of course you can prove that either of these pseudo sciences have recently been validated in some way.

It is also interesting to note that, the multitude of varieties of christians can't even agree on this alledged number of the beast -

however, a fragment of papyrus 115 was revealed, containing the earliest known version of that part of the Book of Revelation discussing the Number of the Beast. It gave the number as 616, suggesting that this may have been the original. [1]

Interestingly, on the subject of your aquaintence with the mystical art of neumerology.

Maurice M Cotterall wrote an interesting investigation into the mayans and what he termed "The Mayan Transformers". Your scary number 666 does raise its' head in this work, equally so does the number 144000.

As far as I'm concerend the jury is still out in relation to this book, titled Supergods but worth a read nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sorry to all about the spelling in my last post I needed to pee

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Knowing how holy and rightous God is and how incest could really lead to some serious issues .Even now when cousins marry they have deformaties.
reply to post by Simplynoone

Well am afraid to say but, if what the christians are claiming is true ie the bible is the actual words of god. Then we have to accept that eveyone on the planet is probably the result of an INCESTEOUS relationship.

Obviously god spotted the flaw in INCEST as it eventually leads to bonk eyed bald kids hanging out on the porch playing neat little banjo riffs.

So here is yet more circular logic, god creates people to act in a certain way, then decides the way they act is hurting his feelings so he bans it, and if they continue to do it offf to hell you go.
Obviously it was far easier for god to create a flaw or a paradox than it was a couple more people to hang out in eden.

So what did god find to be an abomination in this instance ?

Incest which he created ?

retarded people ? which he created

Or his own failure to see a problem arising in the first place and being a typical christian refuse to accept he could be in error and blame satan ?

If the bible is the word and works of god , it is deeply deeply flawed , personally I would find it more logical to put it down to satan and move on with living.
But there you go I dont belive in satan, but am sure satn believes in me lol

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is an age old question.. actually all of them are, and if any Christian believes they KNOW the truth well they are probably wrong. All any of us can do is guess. It had to be bad God editing the bible to leave that one open for questions.

If you study religion long enough you will discover that the word 'hell' is not in the original bible (Greek and Hebrew text). The word is Sheol, which means death and grave. Which would give all the hell sentences a different meaning. But with the Roman Catholic religion losing control of the people in the 1500's they had to use something to control the masses. A lot has been mistranslated when it comes to the bible.

One of the verses which is very controversial is the one where it is stated that Jesus, God and the Holy spirit are one. But the word 'are' in the original language also translates as 'were'. There is a difference between 'were one' or 'are one'. But again, I have heard to many Christians validate this with the following sentence, 'If God didn't want it to be that way, it wouldn't be that way'. Go figure.

If translated correctly, as well, the original text of the bible referred to Adam's and Eve's. Which would explain the wife problem for Cain. There is also the story of Lilith, which is said to have been Adam's first wife. She supposedly gave birth to an extreme amount of children.

If you want more info, please feel free to u2u me...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
[There is also the story of Lilith, which is said to have been Adam's first wife.]]

So please do feel free to explain how Adam had a first wife when Eve was created from Adam .There was only Adam and Eve .No other in the garden except for the animals and plants .

See this mixing of different texts (Ancient Myths and Bible mixed) Is not even something to consider because obviously they are all contrary to the other .

If they are contrary to eachother then they CANNOT BE MIXED to make a whole .

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

One can logically assume that the father of lies would tell other societies these things. Purpose for that? So millions of people in the future could look back and use it as a reason not to believe.

Checkmate, another several million souls not saved. Satan is the father of lies. Do you ever wonder why ALL Major and ancient religions of the world have the EXACT same symbol, or "mark" except for Christianity????

This is NOT "coincidence".:

www.youtube.com...

yes your right a six sided star means jews are evil, but christianity is jewish in origin so the evil religeon spawned an offshoot that may or may not be as evil? more evil? less evil?(skimmed the video fast with the sound off ill watch it later when i get a chance and edit it later but i spotted the star of david bieng shown as a sign of the devil and can guess where it went)

btw i dont know if you heard the update but the number of the beast has changed the earliest known mentioning of it in a bible gives the number 616 with later bibles switching between 666 and 616 until finally settling at 666 as it is now ....could that be the devil hiding his real number from you?

yes checkmate ...? sorry what? your christianity is based on catholosism which has been proved to have re-written and editted gospels and faked various letter that were proof of jesus and catholosism

so the evil jews split when some followed jesus and other denied him(remainging evil jews), of those various group roman catholic and orthadox are the main proponents

the roman catholics(spawned from the evil jews) happily editted the new testament to subvert christianity to the way of the devil by many means including adding mary as a religeous figure changing the number of the beast they then set about persecuting the other christian churches destroying most so only thier falsified and editted truth is spread

small groups with the catholic church splinter away and change thier beliefs and practices slightly to seperate them and alienate thier parent church splintering christianity into many many groups so busy arguing and fighting amongst them selves they never realise that all thier versions were made by the devil to turn them away from the one true way

wouldnt the best way for the farther of lies not be to parody with false religeons but to influence and bend christianity its self away from god?

by your reasoning of similarities in other religeons bieng satans work your actually a satanist and just dont know it

Genesis was written by Moses 2,000 years after Adam and Eve were created
ok i really need to ask this one ... moses wrote all of the old testament allegedly didnt he? not just genseis?

**sorry moo hadnt read your latest posts where you corrected the number of the beast before i got here**

***wow just watched that video properly, did you watch all 8 before you used this to prove christianity is the one true religeon in a sea of satans creation?

in which case watch it again

"Do you ever wonder why ALL Major and ancient religions of the world have the EXACT same symbol, or "mark" except for Christianity???? "

did you watch part 2? that shows jesus we know through christian teachings isnt really jesus, its the same disguise of satan he used as quetzacoatl, who's symbol is also the cross

he links buddism, hindusim, islam, catholosism,f reemasonry, christianity, saturn worship, judaism and shows how they all share the same mark's of the devil

are you trying to help show christianity is good in a sea of evil? or show it is evil in a sea of evil but doing it from the inside?

[edit on 11-9-2008 by noobfun]

[edit on 11-9-2008 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Obviously god spotted the flaw in INCEST as it eventually leads to bonk eyed bald kids hanging out on the porch playing neat little banjo riffs.

So here is yet more circular logic, god creates people to act in a certain way, then decides the way they act is hurting his feelings so he bans it, and if they continue to do it offf to hell you go.
Obviously it was far easier for god to create a flaw or a paradox than it was a couple more people to hang out in eden.

thats nothing at least he decide to make a few changes to his words to sho0w his differance in position. in the flood he uses the same argument to kill and save man

read noahs flood,

man kinds imagination is evil so i must kill them all except noah and family as he is the only just and righteous person in the world

after all was right with the world again and noah(the only just and righteous) became a alcholic nudist god said man kinds imagination is evil so i wont kill you anymore

???? how does that make sense and why did he kill all the animals that didnt have evil imaginations?

the whole story gets a bit confused

god says collect 2 of each animal then this becomes 7 pairs of each clean
then back to 2 of each

noah and the animals got on the ark (2 by 2 again)to wait for the flood, the day it started raining noah and the animals got on the ark (presumably they got off at some point from the first getting on)

it rained for 40 days and 40 nights, but then it had been raining for 128 days

the rain covered every mountain and killed all land based life(evil fish and ducks survived though!!)

noah sent out a dove that returns with an olive branch that came from a tree that died in the flood and finds a mountain to park next to after the 40 days to wait for the flood even though

we are told that all mountians tops were covered for 6 months till noah spotted one

waited for water level to drop came off the ark then imediatley started sacrificing the pairs of animals or some of the 7 pairs of animals to gods glory so either he made a bunch of sacrifices (if you following the 7 pairs) or he wiped out the last 2 members of several species

god made him save the animals and his first action off the ark is to make them extinct in defiance of what god wanted

this before he starts wondering around naked and getting drunk where he may or may not have been raped by his son (well he either raped him or just saw him drunk and naked depending on how much of a homophobe you are when you interpret it)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Look what I found in the Ethiopian Enoch book

If this book is true then it explains what happened to the Fallen Ones and where they are now

Chapter 15

1 And He answered and said to me, and I heard His voice: 'Fear not, Enoch, thou righteous
2 man and scribe of righteousness: approach hither and hear my voice. And go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent thee to intercede for them: "You should intercede" for men, and not men
3 for you: Wherefore have ye left the high, holy, and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken to yourselves wives, and done like the children
4 of earth, and begotten giants (as your) sons? And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten (children) with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die
5 and perish. Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget
6 children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. But you were formerly
7 spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.
8 And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon
9 the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin;
10 they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. [As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling.]
11 And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless
12 hunger and thirst, and cause offences. And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them.
Chapter 16

1 From the days of the slaughter and destruction and death of the giants, from the souls of whose flesh the spirits, having gone forth, shall destroy without incurring judgement -thus shall they destroy until the day of the consummation, the great judgement in which the age shall be
2 consummated, over the Watchers and the godless, yea, shall be wholly consummated." And now as to the Watchers who have sent thee to intercede for them, who had been aforetime in heaven, say to them:
3 "You have been in heaven, but all the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth."
4 Say to them therefore: " You have no peace."'
www.ancienttexts.org...

I am not saying I believe this book to be biblical ..I am not sure about this book .

These could be the ghosts and aliens that everyone believes they are seeing ..But I cant explain why they would need spaceships ..
So this does not really explain the UFO deal completely ..

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

ok i really need to ask this one ... moses wrote all of the old testament allegedly didnt he? not just genseis?

Moses did not write all of the Old Testament. It is not even "alleged", anywhere, that I'm aware of.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

and noah(the only just and righteous) became a alcholic nudist

Genesis 9:20-24 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

The above Scripture does not condemn Noah at all. It was Noah's GRANDson, Canaan, that was cursed for what his dad (Ham) had done in the following verses (25-27).

Noah is never condemned in Scripture.

this before he starts wondering around naked and getting drunk where he may or may not have been raped by his son (well he either raped him or just saw him drunk and naked depending on how much of a homophobe you are when you interpret it)

I don't think Biblical Scripture supports your paraphrase.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PreTribGuy

Genesis 9:20-24 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

The above Scripture does not condemn Noah at all. It was Noah's GRANDson, Canaan, that was cursed for what his dad (Ham) had done in the following verses (25-27).

Noah is never condemned in Scripture.

I don't think Biblical Scripture supports your paraphrase.

thats great i didnt say it did condem him 0_o ............

it gets translated as both ham saw his father naked and left, and ham raped his dad while he had passed out drunk

why would i condem a possible rape victim?

but i have to ask faced with a whole raft of conflicting information in the story of noah's flood you over look it all to say the bible doesnt condemn noah which wasnt said

unless you mean me saying he wondered around drunk and naked, he was drunk enough to be passed out at the table (and not wake up if he was lifted off the bench/chair to then be raped .. possibly depending on your interpretation)and presumably he wondered over to the table from where ever he left his clothes before passing out

oops my typo yes sorry moses was supposed to have wrote 5 books of the old testament, the Five Books of Moses: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

but of course why correct when you can try and insult ;-)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Look what I found in the Ethiopian Enoch book

If this book is true then it explains what happened to the Fallen Ones and where they are now

not in the bible sorry

that makes it

One can logically assume that the father of lies would tell other societies these things. Purpose for that? So millions of people in the future could look back and use it as a reason not to believe.

the work of satan the great deciever

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

At the risk of posting a one liner excellent post , I notice when the bizarre (for want of a better word) and contradictory verses, such as the ones you mention are posted, christian criticism seems thin on the ground. Or the appologists post a little later having topped up with digression tablets.

What really funks with my mind is that, it is calimed that aroud 80% of americans claims to be christian, I'd bet a lot of money if I had any, that less than 1% of these god fearing people have actually taken the trouble to even read the passages you quote.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Looks like a drunken bugger to me too

great posting again you are my hero

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

If enoch is of interest to you , check out Uriels machine, a fantastic read but sorry I cant remember the authour off the top of my swede I'm particularly bad at remembering who rights the things I read.

Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas in their 1999 book Uriel's Machine.

found it, explanation on Wiki

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Probably biblical, but the catholics probably dropped it when they invented christianity.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

I personally would argue that the most controvertial christian verses are ,

the one where the jesusgod is alledgedly nailed to a cross and cries out (my lord why have you forsaken me?)

And also the verse where it is alledged the dead climbed out of their graves and walked to town.

I've yet to come across a less than inasne explanation for these, even when christians run to their pastor god they dont seem to come back with an intelligent explanation

:bnghd:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join