It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Questions of my own

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Tell you what ..why dont you make a post with a title like
"From the Devils point of view"
Then you can have your own little party in your own little thread .

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Oh come on
No I dont believe the lilith stuff ..
And I dont claim that Jesus will tell me everything.
I said I dont need to pray someone elses prayer ....the bible says to not pray reptitious prayers (sorry about my spelling)

This post is supposed to be for finding out what the truth is .
If you wanna just play games and allow the devil to use you to hiss and snarl and make demonic comments why dont you find another post to play in .
and yes your gay son can be saved just like anyone can

Duh ? so why don't you believe that "Lilith Stuff " how exactly do you know it's not true ?

Did another christian tell you it's not true? or did you go to the trouble of doing some open minded reaserch ?

I neither hiss snarl or make demonic comments and no devil uses me, I have my own mind thank you, which is open enough to observe that this "Devil" character is a figment of roman catholic immagination designed to frighten the crap out of the ignorant.

If you don't understand the bible the join the club of millions of other people (including christians) who dont, why should they after all? It's nonsense.

Your mind is like a parachute, it will never work properly unless it's fully open.

At the end of the day you should have no real need to concern yourself with the old testament as, according to christians the end is soon and your going to be taken away by the jesusgod so you can ask him personally.

Dito the spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Tell you what ..why dont you make a post with a title like
"From the Devils point of view"
Then you can have your own little party in your own little thread .

How can a ficticious character possibly have a point of view?

If you don't want responses from people who disagree with you or don't believe what you believe, then perhaps it would be prudent to post your queries on a christian webs site. They will either agree with you completely or tell you how it is and you can then believe their beliefs or incorperate them into your own .
If that is your search for truth, party on

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes I read about the Lilith stuff .I HAVE DONE PLENTY OF HOMEWORK outside of the bible.Do you want some of my links ?I have MANY .I have even read all of the Vedic and the Babylonian Texts .And many many more ...I find some truths mixed with some lies in them all .

And dont worry I also visit Christian message boards.
Why should I limit myself to just one place ?And just one peoples with one mindset ?I believe I can learn from many people (Not just other Christians)
Sometimes as you know they can act the same as you two just did .Even worse sometimes ..So I just ease on out and find somewhere else to visit .
Is this the only place you visit ?

Look yall came in here acting like a couple of kids with snide remarks .How am I supposed to react to that ?
You also made fun of me when I said I have a one on one relationship with the Lord ..How could you possibly make fun of something you obviously know nothing about ?If you have not experienced it that does not mean that it isnt true ?And it also does not mean I am a lunatic .
I can assure you that I am not a lunatic.(Well ok maybe a little lol) but no more than anyone else in here .

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
[If you don't want responses from people who disagree with you or don't believe what you believe,]

I dont have a problem with anyone who disagrees with me...
It was the tone in which it was said to me that I had a problem with .
Go back and read your response to me and how you turned what I said into something like I was an idiot and believed that Jesus talks and tells me everything which was not what I said was it ?You twisted what I said to make me look like a fool .How would you feel had I done that to you ?
How old are you anyway ? if your just a teen then I can see why your that way .If your not then please reread your posts before posting .And try to at least be civil without all the sarcasm .

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yes I read about the Lilith stuff .I HAVE DONE PLENTY OF HOMEWORK outside of the bible.Do you want some of my links ?I have MANY .I have even read all of the Vedic and the Babylonian Texts .And many many more ...I find some truths mixed with some lies in them all .

And dont worry I also visit Christian message boards.
Why should I limit myself to just one place ?And just one peoples with one mindset ?I believe I can learn from many people (Not just other Christians)
Sometimes as you know they can act the same as you two just did .Even worse sometimes ..So I just ease on out and find somewhere else to visit .
Is this the only place you visit ?

Look yall came in here acting like a couple of kids with snide remarks .How am I supposed to react to that ?
You also made fun of me when I said I have a one on one relationship with the Lord ..How could you possibly make fun of something you obviously know nothing about ?If you have not experienced it that does not mean that it isnt true ?And it also does not mean I am a lunatic .
I can assure you that I am not a lunatic.(Well ok maybe a little lol) but no more than anyone else in here .

Okey dokey, first off I have not intended to make fun of you, if that is how I came across then naturally i apologise, obviously what I said was not what you thought I meant.

And likewise, when you said about your personal relationship with Jesus I naturally assumed you were communicating with each other as apposed to you just communicating to jesus. Obviously this left me with this impression, can you blame me for asking you to get some questions answered, it would be not unlike if you said you had a one to one relationship with a banker and i asked you to ask her a few questions on banking.

I have not set out to intentionally make fun of anything, I do however try to keep an element of humour in my posts otherwise things just turn into pointless arguments and it would seem that sometimes this himpur could be misunderstood.

If I thought you were a lunatic then I would tell you straight I think your a lunatic period, however please bear in mind I consider most ladies are lunatics in general lol

Neither have I intentionally made snide remarks, I have asked some questions and have made observations, obviously you have taken this personally and I appoloigise for allowing my comments to misrepresent what I mean.

So if you decide to forgive me, shall we kiss and make up and start over?

Pleas bear in mind I am also looking for truth so am on your side.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Even if I acept this, which I find hard to do,

why would you find it hard to accept it? didnt the scripture say it in black and white?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ok we can kiss and make up ..lol ..
Sorry I took it wrong ..it just sounded sort of ornry maybe ..

So moving on then ..

Miriam it just does not sound like the nature of God to me .
Something is missing .
Has to be .

I get all creepy feeling when it is even mentioned to me .

You dont think it sounds a little strange to believe ?
It does not make you wonder why he would have done it that way ?
Knowing how holy and rightous God is and how incest could really lead to some serious issues .Even now when cousins marry they have deformaties.

The bible only talks about East in Eden .I believe its possible (not saying for sure) that there may have been something else going on in the world outside of Eden .And it could have been where Dinosaurs roamed ...if not when did they get here ?We cant explain that can we ?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Miriam,
I struggle with the idea of a human being living for 800 years, sorry but I just find it very hard to believe.
If we are to take that bit of The Bible as literal then we should take The Bible as a whole as a literal work and we then open up a whole can of worms, as you are more than aware, which is why you use metaphoric interpretation when suits.
Now I am also being told that we are expected to ASSUME other facts to explain obvious contradictions and missing detals in The Bible.
Struggle?
Of course I do!

And what of the other point?
Why no attempt to explain what happened to the gene pool for it to become imperfect and as a result 'God' had to decree incest a sin.

I also noticed the attempt to completely dismiss the existence of Lilith as it does not fit in with accepted religious dogma.

I'm sorry but I feel that The Bible looses a bit more credability as each discussion / thread progresses.

[edit on 9/9/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Maybe time was different then before the Flood Freeman..

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I am not one of those people who goes around trying to explain the Bible, But I always thought this might be possible as far as the GoE goes:

The Garden is actually on another dimension than Earth, just as heaven and Hell are if you beleive in those. Earth was populated long before the GoE, as the archeological evidence shows, but the "fall" occured rather recently. So if you want to buy the 6000 year number, Adam and Eve got the boot 6000 years ago and came to Earth, but Earth had been supporting a human population long before that.

Perhaps there are many Gardens, and Earth is the dumping ground for the failed ones. That would explain a whole lot.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You know I have thought about that before too .

If the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven (thats what the word says) then how do we know that Eden wasnt the same ordeal ?

And I have also thought about this being the place for fallen angels once they left heaven ..Maybe this is a half way place for the angels ..

I have even thought that maybe some of those angels who fell with satan lost their powers (The Lord wouldnt have allowed them all those powers they once had if they were down here dealing with us )Their only powers may be just able to be a ghost (which would explain hauntings) and they seem so sad which would explain who they are ..angels that fell would have to feel pretty darn gloomy and sorry they did what they did after seeing what they got themselves into once they saw how horrifically evil satan was ..
Maybe their powers are limited on earth and they may also have become like mere men ,and this is where they are stuck till the great white throne judgment.
That would explain the scripture about not to be afraid to entertain strangers as they may be angels unaware ...A stranger could be an angel ..and we wouldnt even know they are angels so they must be very humanlike ....

LOL I have an overactive imagination ..but I am also logical and I believe God is not only logical but also supernatural .
And some things are spiritually speaking and some are literal ..some are BOTH at the same time (The earth is in the image of the heavens we are in the image of God) .Heaven has a Gov ..We have a Gov. and on and on it goes ..The answers to everything (except the supernatural events)we should get a pretty good picture of by watching what is happening in the physical ..

So there has to be something like this *(an example ) to help explain it all .
We are simple minded ..surely God would not make it so hard that we could not figure things out .He gave us clues we just have to keep searching for the answers and we will find them ..

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Why not? The Bible also said that up until the flood it never rained on Earth. That the Earth was watered by a mist that seeped out from the Earth.

Modern science has verified this as well, with petrified wood missing growth rings.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Maybe time was different then before the Flood Freeman..

The Biblical Flood / deluge is also very questionable; it is almost an exact "copy & paste" of the earlier (over a 1000 years) Epic of Gilgamesh.

"The God Ea warned his devotee and told him:
O man of Shurrupak, son of Ubar-Tutu, tear down your house and built a ship; abandon wealth seek after life; scorn possessions save your life. Bring up the seed of all kinds of living things into the ship; the ship which you shall built. Let its dimensions be well measured. Etc..."

Furthermore we have uninterrupted Egyptian records that precede Bible texts and there is no record of a Universal Flood; had it happened it would have been obvious!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

One can logically assume that the father of lies would tell other societies these things. Purpose for that? So millions of people in the future could look back and use it as a reason not to believe.

Checkmate, another several million souls not saved. Satan is the father of lies. Do you ever wonder why ALL Major and ancient religions of the world have the EXACT same symbol, or "mark" except for Christianity????

This is NOT "coincidence".:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

"So there has to be something like this *(an example ) to help explain it all .

When we teach our small children lessons in life, do we not read to them stories unrelated and mostly fabricated with an underlying truth ?

Could it not be the case that scripture ie the bible, is the work of men with an ulterior motive, yet it carries a message a thought tool in metaphor. The metaphor or thought tool being so sublime as to be almost imperceptable, and allthough lost in the argument of true meaning is revealed by the argument itself ?

We dont seem to be able to discern the centre of the onion without peeling off it's layer one by one observing each in detail how they make up the onion but are not it's core or its' whole. once we have peeled off the final layer we find there is no core just layers. Does this make our efforts to find the core futile or was the peeling off the layers in fact an excercise in appreciating the whole?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"One can logically assume that the father of lies would tell other societies these things. Purpose for that? So millions of people in the future could look back and use it as a reason not to believe. "

Are you saying that satan went back in time, invented the story of gilgamesh before the bible was written ?

WTF kind of logic is that ?

Using the same logic then, satan went back in time and stuck a load of dinosour bones in the ground so we'd think that the world is older than it actually is?

Needless to say, satan has created the optical illusion of the earth going around the sun ?

This is totally stretching credulity to it's very limits, have you ever in your life considered uttering the words "Idon't know, I wasn't there"? Instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel of reason in order to prove you are right ?

What on earth is the matter with you man, can't you for just one minute ask yourself the question " could the story of noah and the story of gilgamesh be describing the same or similar event"?
If so you could logically argue that the Noah story is far older than you thought and raising the possibilty of other biblical events reaching farther back in time.

I sometimes just ghet dumbfounded when christians hit themselves over the head with the silly stick.:bash:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

One can logically assume that the father of lies would tell other societies these things. Purpose for that? So millions of people in the future could look back and use it as a reason not to believe.

The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it will contract.

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Checkmate, another several million souls not saved. Satan is the father of lies.

And who was Satan's father?

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.-- Job 1:6 "

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedda Piras

The Biblical Flood / deluge is also very questionable; it is almost an exact "copy & paste" of the earlier (over a 1000 years) Epic of Gilgamesh.
How does the fact of other stories about a flood make the Biblical flood questionable?
I would think it would add validity to it, not weaken it.
The important thing to know is that there is a difference in the way that the stories attribute qualities of good and evil, between the different characters in the story.
The Bible was written to clarify who was bad and who was good. That is how you make your own propaganda and differentiate your God from the Gods of the surrounding cultures.
Other gods were the slave master demi-gods that terrorized humanity.
Our God killed those dimi-gods and freed the people.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

How does the fact of other stories about a flood make the Biblical flood questionable?

The idea of two Universal Floods (and none in Egypt) just seems improbable.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is, perhaps, the oldest written story on Earth. It comes to us from Ancient Sumeria, and was originally written on 12 clay tablets in cunieform script. It is about the adventures of the historical King of Uruk (somewhere between 2750 and 2500 BCE).

en.wikipedia.org...

According to the Biblical chronology Noah was 600 years old when the flood occurred at around 2300 BC. He also is recorded as living a further 350 years after it. See Genesis 9 v 28-29. Thus he died at around 1950 BC.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join