It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Questions of my own

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Maybe you could learn from my experience, that 25 years go by pretty fast and even though you think you will never forget it, you do loose some detail. That's what got me writing on forums. I started out writing on BigFoot forums. I wanted to get my stories of my encounters down in writing. I ended up in this one, to make some comments in BigFoot threads. I started writing in the religion sections and now I write in a few religion forums.
The other day, I was on one and told someone that I did not bother worrying about keeping track of Jewish Holy Days, except for the Sabbath. I used to make a note of when the day of Atonement was because I figured if the world was going to end, it would be on that day. I guess when you get old enough, you do not worry so much because the end, for you, will happen soon enough.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The dream was important to me because I had asked a question of the Lord and he answered it in my dream .By showing me .
It was pretty cool .

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
this interests me the simple answer is interbreeding but the bibles very clear on the time scale

so can i expand a little and throw a question or 2 of my own in the mix

genesis 4 tells us

adam and eve gave birth to cain and abel

cain married a woman and had a son enoch

who took a wife and had a son irad

then mahujael

then methushael

lamech took 2 wives

jabal, jubal + tubal-cain naamah

then adam and eve had seth to replace abel

now genesis 5 starts with the birth of seth and i quote

gen 5:4 AFTER seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters

so genesis 4 tells us adam and eve were on thier 3rd child with seth so where were the sisters cain and his line married when they wernt born until after seth and the bible says cains line was already 5 generations old by now

cains wife and his decendants wives couldnt have been the daughters of adam and eve as they hadnt been born yet

its chronological so to say they were adams daughters is disputing or massivley reinterpreting and rearranging the bible, not what the bible tells us

1) if they wernt the daughters of adam and eve where did the wives come from?
---------------------------
2)with only 3 people on the planet adam, eve and cain why was he afraid everyone would try and kill him ? (bad parenting i guess)
----------------
3)why did cain build a city when there was only him his wife and his son? (well adam and eve too but i guess they were doing thier own thing)

besides building a city for 3 people which is strange enough

Gen 4:12 when you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. you will be a restless wonderer on the earth

3A)god made him a nomad with a city? did the city wonder too or did he just annoy god again by completly doing the opposite?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
gen 5:4 AFTER seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters

so genesis 4 tells us adam and eve were on thier 3rd child with seth so where were the sisters cain and his line married when they wernt born until after seth and the bible says cains line was already 5 generations old by now

cains wife and his decendants wives couldnt have been the daughters of adam and eve as they hadnt been born yet

its chronological so to say they were adams daughters is disputing or massivley reinterpreting and rearranging the bible, not what the bible tells us

nowhere does it say seth was the third son, only that he replaced abel.

you are assuming that seth is the third.

cain wife had to be his sister because

gen 3:[20] And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Miriam the answer is very simple, but he gets that from a copy and paste athiest website.

those people don't do the research or they just blatantly throw their bias opinion on anything that seems attack wirthy

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Simplynoone

God never forbid it until Moses led the Hebrews from Egypt. (Exodus) When he Gave Moses the commandments. You have to remember, the book of Genesis was written by Moses and covered approximately 2000 years. God needed interbreeding to populate the Earth, once that was complete He then told man to not do it anymore.

Plus genealogist scientists say that with a perfect gene pool free of deformities and genetic disorders there would have been no problem interbreeding.

Look at the scripture and see that it wasn't until Moses led the people out of Egypt that God forbid it.

Sorry, but if God made Adam and Eve and from their sexual unions came Cain and Abel who bred with Eve, their mother, (nowhere in The Bible does it state that there was any female offspring of Adam and Eve, so we are now beginning to ASSUME things that aren't in The Bible when interpreting The Bible, The Bible become even more unreliable by the day!).

From this incestuous relationship follows the whole of mankind.
God then changes his mind and says incest is 'sinful' as the gene pool had somehow become imperfect.
How?
Mutation?
Evolution?
Or did God make a mistake which caused the gene pool to become imperfect?

Sorry, your assumptions and interpretations when mixed with literal adherence of dogma just does not add up.

Oh, and why didn't God just make more Adam's and Eve's?
Surely it would have been a lot easier?

[edit on 9/9/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
nowhere in The Bible does it state that there was any female offspring of Adam and Eve,

it was just quoted

gen 5:[4] And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Even if I acept this, which I find hard to do, what about the other points: how did the gene pool become so corrupt that it required the banning of incest if it had previously been ok?

At what point in the timeline did Cain and Abel 'begat' offspring?

Sorry but I am seriously confused, (yet again, lol).

Am I being asked to take assumptions seriously now as well as both metaphoric and literal interpretations?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Miriam the answer is very simple, but he gets that from a copy and paste athiest website.

those people don't do the research or they just blatantly throw their bias opinion on anything that seems attack wirthy

i did? atheist website huh ..........

so it didnt come from me reading the bible cover to cover when i was younger?

i used to ask my preacher questions and some he answered some he gave the blanket god works in mysterious ways

and one day he said read the bible you will find the answers you seek

so i did cover to cover and found only more questions

so when i was typing quotes direct from the bible (new international version holy bible [the one i have to hand]) i wasnt researching and was only throwing biased views. yet you chose to attack and insult rather then answer to you simple questions

yes your right i am presuming seth was the third child not the third son, why? simple the bible is listing everyones birth until you get to the point after seth is born where theres lots of them and it gets complicated or daughters just wernt important enough to list like sons?(yeah cheap i know

it doesnt say they didnt have daughters but it doesnt say they do until later thats what i meant by reinterpreting and rearranging

its like a family tree where you skip several generations and leave a big blank spot then start adding the missing peoples descendants again

im still curious how you see the cain banished to wonder forever so decides to build a city working

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

nowhere in The Bible does it state that there was any female offspring of Adam and Eve,

it was just quoted

gen 5:[4] And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

How can you possibly know this 800 years is in fact 800 of our years, it claimed that the earth was created in 6 days but we're told gods days are different to our days.

Are you saying that gods days are unknowable but god measures a year by the time it takes the earth to revolve around the sun?

This becomes a little more confusing as it was originally claimed that the sun revloved aroud the earth (and if you claimed otherwise you could be put to death), this being so the measure of a year would obviously be different again.

Perhaps adam and eve caine and able etc got laid by some other people that god didnt want you to know about, perhaps they fell off the edge of the flat earth.

If as it is claimed we are the products of these people humping their sisters and mothers etc and god later changed its mind and declaired it a sin worthy of suffering an eternity of torture, then obviously god created the sin to begin with.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Seeing how caine only needed a city for 3 perhaps a built a small city, you know like he could drag around, and as he continued to hump his mother or his neice and have more kids, so he would have made another hut to drag around.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

reply to post by miriam0566

Even if I acept this, which I find hard to do, what about the other points: how did the gene pool become so corrupt that it required the banning of incest if it had previously been ok?

At what point in the timeline did Cain and Abel 'begat' offspring?

Sorry but I am seriously confused, (yet again, lol).

Am I being asked to take assumptions seriously now as well as both metaphoric and literal interpretations?

Ah, you obviously dont understand, satan created the corruption as god cannot create anything imperfect, unless of course he does.

Caine and Abel would obviously have to had sex with their mother after they reached puberty, so could we guess at 12 up?

So if Eve was having sex with both her sons and having sex with adam and is able to have another baby every 9 months or so by the time she's 80 or 800 she could have produced 80 to 800 inbred children.

Some of these children would be female and obviously their father and brothers would be having sex with them and producing even more inbred kids.

At some point god needs them to stop humping each other for no apparent reason and god only knows why, as clearly there was nothing wrong with what they were doing .

So god decides to ask satan for a suggestion on why his creation should stop doing something he created them to do. Satan got really messed up over the logic but decided to invent the retard just for the hell of it.

So god now says to adam an the guys to stop humping their sisters and mothers etc, or you will go to hell with satan and your children will be retarded.

So they all stopped humping each other and died off ?

They didnt stop humping each other ent to hell and now we're all retarded?

They humped some other women that god didnt make?

Well we didnt die off and not many of us are retarded so the obvious answer is the last.

Oh, hang on I just thought of something that could answer the dilemma without all the headache and guess work.

Perhaps we evolved just like all the other animals that god put on the planet ?

Those chimps didnt die off and they dont seem to be very retarded unless of course you count the bush administaration, but I'm sure thats the devils work.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think there has to be another explanation .
No way can I believe that incest was involved.Its just wrong ..and it does not sound like something a Holy Rightous God would allow .it actually sickens me with the thought .
I cant imagine God allowing that and then turn around after a few generations and say ok enough .
There has to be more to this .That we are missing.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have been reading all the posts where people have questions they cant seem to figure out about the bible . reply to post by Simplynoone

Obviously you are now seeing how nonsensical the bible actually is, you are now in the perfect position, in that you need someone else to explain to you what the bible or portions of the bible says.

A lot of course depends on - which bible you have, and whether or not you choose to believe what is told to you, after all there are hundred of differnt types of christians so you need to speak to the right ones.

Try this website for a sound unbias step by step guide to the bible.

www.godvsthebible.com

This short video goes a long way to explaining how to pary to jesus and is well worth studying

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Notice what the land East of Eden says

East
1) forward, front, east, antiquity, East

a) in front of, over against, front

b) on the east of, east

1) east, antiquity, front, that which is before, aforetime

a) front, from the front or east, in front, mount of the East

b) ancient time, aforetime, ancient, from of old, earliest time

c) anciently, of old (adverb)

d) beginning

e) east

(outside of Eden was the old earth ?Maybe) which may explain why the earth really is older than we think) I mean think about it .Isnt it a possibility? Outside of Eden may have had some activity going on with these fallen angels .....

Now look at this about the Giants
Deu 2:20 (That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelt therein in old time; and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims;
(The Giants who dwelt therein in OLD TIME )

The Giants were already out there outside of the Garden of Eden
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

Notice it says there were Giants in the earth in those days and ALSO AFTER THAT (after what ?) ..in other words they were already around (maybe living in Nod) ,
Did they have daughters too maybe ?Cains wife possibly ?Maybe they were the first inbreds ?Cains kids were cursed too remember ..every generation of Cains would be cursed .Maybe it was his line who corrupted the earth by having sex with these fallen ones .

These sons of God had to have been in some form like human in order to have had sex with the daughters of men.
Unless you think that it was from emaculate conception .

I am not saying this is the case ..I am saying that there has got to be more to it than just incest going on .
I cant imagine that being the case .I just cant

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
No Moo you have it wrong .
We just are not seeing the whole picture .
There has to be more to the story than what we are thinking.

PS and I have no need to learn to pray to Jesus
I speak to him one on one .He wants my prayers comeing from my own heart in my own words.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
I think there has to be another explanation .
No way can I believe that incest was involved.Its just wrong ..and it does not sound like something a Holy Rightous God would allow .it actually sickens me with the thought .
I cant imagine God allowing that and then turn around after a few generations and say ok enough .
There has to be more to this .That we are missing.

Apparently Eve had a predecessor; Lilith is supposed to be Adam's first wife...

en.wikipedia.org...

The idea that Adam had a wife prior to Eve developed from an interpretation of the Book of Genesis and its dual creation accounts.

While Genesis 2:22 describes God's creation of Eve from Adam's rib, an earlier passage, 1:27, already indicates that a woman had been made: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
(One wonders what the female image of God looked like..)

The text places Lilith's creation after God's words in Genesis 2:18 that "it is not good for man to be alone".

He forms Lilith out of the clay from which he made Adam, but the two bicker. Lilith claims that since she and Adam were created in the same way, they were equal, and she refuses to submit to him.
(And the "Feminist Movement" was born ?)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
No Moo you have it wrong .
We just are not seeing the whole picture .
There has to be more to the story than what we are thinking.

PS and I have no need to learn to pray to Jesus
I speak to him one on one .He wants my prayers comeing from my own heart in my own words.

If you speak to jesus one to one, why on earth do you need a bible?

Could you possibly find out from jesus, whats with all the errors and contradictions in the bible ? This would surely help clarify a lot of misunderstandings like the ones being discussed on ATS.

Could you also find out from jesus whether women are still unequal to men , as it's a very hot topic and fraught with confusion and hundreds of different interpretations.

I would also like to know if you would,t mind asking jesus, should one of my children turn out to be gay will they still burn in hell even if they are a christian?

please let me know as soon as you get the answers so i could get a couple more questions ready if you wouldn't mind asking them

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He forms Lilith out of the clay from which he made Adam, but the two bicker. Lilith claims that since she and Adam were created in the same way, they were equal, and she refuses to submit to him. reply to post by Zedda Piras

Excellent post, do you think this could be the first case of divorce in history ?

So it could be the case that Adam and his sons etc were humping lilith and her offspring as well as their own.

If eve was tempted by a snake and lilith wasn't, then surely liliths' offspring (if any ) would be sinless ?

This is very complicated isn't it , however there is one poster on here who claims to be in direct communcation with jesus, so hopefully she may be able to clear up all the contradictions and errors in the bible.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oh come on
No I dont believe the lilith stuff ..
And I dont claim that Jesus will tell me everything.
I said I dont need to pray someone elses prayer ....the bible says to not pray reptitious prayers (sorry about my spelling)

This post is supposed to be for finding out what the truth is .
If you wanna just play games and allow the devil to use you to hiss and snarl and make demonic comments why dont you find another post to play in .
and yes your gay son can be saved just like anyone can

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join