It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If You Knew Planet Earth Was In Jeopardy of Collapsing...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am starting a new initiative here on ATS, in some of the revolutionary thinking I have been having lately in regards to all things politics, war, and military in regards to intergalactic space travel. I'm talking here of course star cruisers, rail guns, and warp drive coming out of it, but only because the Earth is in danger of collapsing. What if you knew that planet Earth was in jeopardy of being destroyed in the near distant future, like perhaps by the year 2012? Remember now that this year of 2012 is being hyped all over the movie industry, so I know there will be some people who are aware of the relevance of this particular thread in the aspect of a Philosophy, Psychology, and Metaphysics Forum area.

What If You Knew Planet Earth Was In Jeopardy of Collapsing...

I am speaking about this from many different aspects here, but the primary reason for this particular thread is that I often wonder about stuff like this and I am interested to see if anyone else thinks of these things, how they might handle it, and if they think the same as me on any of this, as well as how they might shift and change things for a planetary evacuation, if that was what was needed the most in order to save a vast amount of humanity. Possibly not everyone, but saving our future through what might be a lot of controversial actions in order to save the human race.

I am of course going to give you some movie reference points in order to help those who do not know what I am referencing as well as reinforce to those who do understand what I'm referencing some. Like for instance some YouTube links to movie where the world is in jeopardy of ending.

Deep Impact "The End Of The World "

Armageddon Trailer

2012 - THE END OF THE WORLD?

December 21 2012 THE END

[edit on 6-9-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
um personally i probably wouldnt do too much. i mean what could I do to stop a whole planet from collapsing? i would prolly just try to have a blast with myfriends and stay with my family until we die. seriously i wouldnt panic im sure i would cry a few times but just face the music. we're all going to die anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBadge

Well, that's definately one way to do something about it, I guess.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think this question is to un relevant for us If you see what problems we realy care about. We spend more money on fighting terrorisem them global warming. The terrorists can kill some but ouer global invierment could kill us all.

Everything we do has to do with profit in som way or another. We only care about the problems that we can profit from. If not we lie and make up a problem that we can make a profit out of.

If the world comes to an end By means of a comet , global warming, pole shift or a nuclear war we cant do annything about it. We the people dont have the power to prevent anny of it. When we see all this comming it will be to late for the people to act. If there is survivers the lucky once have died. The unlucky once might survive the impact but will die of stavartion or by illnesses shortly after.

If some survive and manage to carry on. They would have to start from scrach and live like scavangers depending on who they are. Remember we are shaped to #tion in a world dominated by money and profit. And ouer focus in life evolves around just that. We dont realy care if the world will end in 3.5 years. Because we dont belive it will.

The way i see it: We have not evolved that much in person. We have only moved out from a cave to live inn a wooden or a brick Box. The rest is just tecnology made by humans over time. And this is the only factor that separete us from the rest of the animals. We live a unnatural life on this planet and when the BIG day comes. We will be forced to go back to the natural way of living like scavangers.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
While I can understand, as well as I used to have the same fatalistic views as you, I can't agree with that viewpoint anymore. I know I used to be extreme right-wing from a small child up until my late teenage years, and I shift towards extreme left-wing up until recently in the last five years, now I am back towards the middle, because I am someone who rocks the boat when I'm running to the other sides porthole to make sure it isn't being tipped too far to one side or the other. I see the potential for intergalactic space travel as well as Moon and Mars colonization as a distinct possibility, if only humanity as a whole could come together in the right manner towards global unity of mind, heart, and soul.

I do understand of course, that in an instance like the destruction of the planet we live on, Earth, people would mindlessly panic, murder, and gouge each other in any way, just to make their last days the best days, based on their own perspectives of how it would be better. While I don't agree with a lot of people's perspectives, I can see them as theirs and theirs alone sometimes, as well as uniquely shared in other people, in defferent ways. As far as evacuation of the planet, I think violence is the absolute last resort, and the necessity of uniting for the right reasons could be pushed as an agenda in the right manner. The very biggest problem with that though is of course, that the American Government has lied to its populace so many times, covered up its crimes so much, and done other nasty deed, that the citizens as well as other countries citizens will never fully trust the Government.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This movie is one of the many examples I was speaking of when I started this thread originally.

Any thoughts on any of this? The movie comes out in November of 2009.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Here's one of the examples of something that is a part of this thread I created a while back, Mojave Space Port : Home of Space Ship One, where cheaper space flights can be launched from.

Any ideas about this thread?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The 2012 trailer makes me recall Alex Jones saying on his radio show, that certain top Hollywood people that he knows and speaks with, would tell him about the government often urging them to produce a certain kind of message (for good or---bad) and so, I entertain this paranoid idea which is, is it beyond the gov. to say, "we need help to put into people's minds, that a major E.L.E. event (take your pick: Could happen; Is gonna happen..) ?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm one of those middle of the road types.. mostly because I ride a motorbike and it tells me to tear down dotted line on my driving licence...

That's something I would be doing.. jumping on my bike and just bugging out of the way of all the wild trouble that would be going on..

As far as everyone leaving the planet, it is obvious that not everyone would be going.. especially if all we got to rely on is a few aging space shuttles and a space station where you can't open the windows to let some fresh air in..

So what else could I do, apart from getting a stash together...finding a very deep hole and hiding out and hoping the worat don't happen.... I guess i would be doing a lot of contemplating.. I have had an adventurous life and would not be too sad to go tomorrow

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

You are correct in that not everyone would be going in this particular hypothetical situation.

Less than 1%, and they would be Government insiders, and their families, as well as the most useful people.

Not what these people decidely call, the useless eaters.

Why do you think they call it Continuity of Government and not "Continuity of Society"?

By the way, that particular Wikipedia thread used to be twenty pages long, so that means it was politely asked to parse it down to nothing. My own TinWiki article is longer than that, and I cut out stuff I could have used.

SpartanKingLeonidas : TinWiki : Continuity of Government

[edit on 16-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It would be time to grab the Hichhickers Guide to the Galaxy and hitch a ride to the stars, and remember "Don't Panic"!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Yes, not matter what, do not panic.

I do not think I would grab that book though.

I would be doing something entirely different.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Armageddon.
Armageddon who?
Armageddon outta here!

When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles
Scream and shout!

Ok, now that I got that out of my system...
If the imminent end were known I have no idea how I would react. It's one of those "you had to be there" things. Of course some would panic but there would be a huge range of reactions.

While we're throwing out contributions from the "literary" (entertainment) world. How about On the Beach? Some interesting insights there.

The characters make their best efforts to "enjoy" what time and pleasures remain to them before dying from radiation poisoning, speaking of small pleasures and continuing their customary activities, allowing their awareness of the coming end to impinge on their minds only long enough to plan ahead for their final hours.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

If not the book then a towel.
Never forget a towel.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have heard of that book, it seems intriguing. No YouTube link I could find, but I will dig.

One the Beach

Gregory Peck movie looks good though.

Thanks for recommending it.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Well, as usual the novel is different and better than the movie. The movie is ok, Peck is excellent (of course).

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

If not the book then a towel.
Never forget a towel.

It's not that I wouldn't want to bring a book, just that it would make it hard to do what I have to do, when it comes down to it.

The Sun can dry me out as well.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
In one of my classes we discussed if the universe would suddenly shrink/collapse.

We came to the consensus that if it did, it would happen so quickly that we wouldn't even know it was happening.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
In one of my classes we discussed if the universe would suddenly shrink/collapse.

We came to the consensus that if it did, it would happen so quickly that we wouldn't even know it was happening.

I would love to hear more about that.

What class was that, if you don't mind me asking?

Is this the universe that was being discussed, or just planet Earth?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Well, as usual the novel is different and better than the movie. The movie is ok, Peck is excellent (of course).

This seems like an interesting movie. I will have to look for the book.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join