It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who drive like idiots, you suck!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Is it stupid driver season or something?
It seems every year I get closer and closer to some idiot driving me off the road and out of my mind!

Dont you hate it when your trying to merge with 100km/hour traffic and the idiot infront of you is driving 50km/hour?
Dont you hate it when someone cuts you off in traffic only to slam on the breaks seconds later?
Or when your driving down the side road and the driver infront of you decides to step on the breaks? Ive had it all happen.

please share your idiot driver stories if you have any.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i hate when people cut u off real quick and put on the blinker for a second AFTER they already switched lanes that happend today i laughed though. its lke dude okay

i notice a lot of SUV drivers suck realllly badly at driving.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I got stuck behind an elderly lady that was doing 50kph in a 80kph zone, and everytime she came to a set of traffic light she would slam on her brakes...I felt like getting out, grabbing her keys and throwing them away...grrr. Just as stupid was, a guy that was a few cars back who decided to overtake a few cars, myself and the lady on the emergency stopping zone, on a tight bend

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I hate people who seem to have forgotten that they have indicators on the side of the car. I had some muppet cut right accross me on a roundabout yesterday morning. And when I just shoock my head at him,he had the gaul to give me a shakey hand sign (I'm sure you can use your imagination) Good thing I'm a calm cool collected person,cos i just blew him a kiss and fluttered my eyelashes at him. When what i wanted to do was follow him and run him off the road into a tree.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have spent a lot of time driving all over the US and I can say that hands down, the worst drivers are....Canadians. Specifically Torontonians.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Between the Chinese drivers doing 20k under in the left lane on the highway and the middle agers with cellphones in their ears doing a brake check when there is NO ONE IN FRONT OF THEM FOR 5 CARLENGTHS, the young kids streetracing and weaving through traffic, and the Trinidadians/Italians/Portuguese with 10 flags on their cars obstructing their mirrors, I don't know how I've managed to avoid actually getting out of my vehicle and accosting these people.

I have seen people actually reading books while driving.

We all get mad when someone does something retarded in traffic. But I have come so close to actually getting out, walking up to their window, and cussing them out face to face, which I have seen happen plenty of times.

And every time you get angry they look at you like they have no idea they did something wrong.

EFF YOU, BAD DRIVERS!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I think you will find the culprit behind the vast majority of terrible drivers: THE CELL PHONE!
I don't care what most people say, you can not drive and talk at the same time. I was a passenger while my brother was driving when he got a call from his wife. His driving was erratic, even while he "paid" attention. I told him that and he said "I can drive while talking, the others can't"
I refuse to answer my phone when I drive.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, can't you see that these hopeless fools are not just unconcerned with your safety but their own as well. Cars constructed with quiet steel and other insulating tricks, government safety standards met by belt restraints and multiple airbags to cushion the impact if someone gets in their way. Mandatory insurance policies that absolve the guilty party from having to answer for their irresponsible acts. Throw in all of the other distractions that are standard equipment on even subcompacts and sports cars and the end result is an environment and mindset that would best be not taken out on the roads. If you want to listen to music, watch TV, eat, drink, apply makeup, change your baby's diaper, talk or text on the phone and so on, don't drive. When you are behind the wheel of your car you are suppose to be aware of what is going on around you, let others know what your intentions are by signaling, and know the rules of the road and practice them. Before you can avoid accidents you have to avoid distractions in your car. I think the golden era of the automobile was over when people were aware that a crash could kill them and cost a lot of money that they didn't have. Back when the mechanical and wind noises told them how fast they were going and cars didn't have cup holders and video monitors.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i sometimes dont use the left right indicators but i always do it when theres no one near me...like when the street is empty,but im not a good driver either XD
but there are some reall...arg
ozweatherman i would have gone mad in your place,i hate slow driving grannies.
i really hate the busses,i was going to get squashed a couple a times.the idiots just merge without looking in my lane,and im in the left..O_o

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I may be eccentric but I even use my turn signals when driving on my property where there aren't roads or traffic. I stop at stop signs at 3 AM when there is no traffic. I believe that consistently exercising good habits without having to think, but thinking about it because you are responsible and focused, will lead to perfection at least most of the time, if not all of the time. I have always felt that people would be more likely to be aware of their surroundings and practice better driving habits if they were to be required to ride a motorcycle for a year or two before being given an automobile license. I have noticed that since all of the mid life crisis crew have been buying Harleys the ones that have survived have become much more responsible behind the wheel. I have no doubt that the best drivers that I know are long time motorcyclist. There are a few very extreme exceptions to the last sentence, but that is because it is their nature to be a pain in everybody's @$$. They pay in traffic fines and high insurance rates, but will at some point be the victim of a road rage incident of there own making. Karma. _javascript:icon(':bash:')

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
you are absolutly right,i just find motors to be too scary to ride in our crowded streets filled with bad drivers

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
confusius say, man who drive like hell bound to get there.

i hate the ones that feel the need to speed up and overtake you, only to cut back in and swerve down a side road..

they gain nothing but one car space, yet risk everything due to their late decisions.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yes driving in Calif,I run across several,and it doesn't matter if it's on the freeway or sidestreets,just yesterday some lady in a big lifted Expedition almost ran me and an old lady off the road,and could see in her rear view mirrors she was giving us dirty looks,getting hard to keep your cool,then 10 min later I'm going 65 on a 60 mph road,I look behing me a Toyota Land Cruiser about 4 ft from my rear bumper

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Roundabouts are killing machines in and of themselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I was driving through a known speed trap this summer - doing the speed limit - and this guy behind me was furious. Kept flashing his lights and honking his horn.
I pulled over and let him drive by.
He flipped me off and tore out up the road.
About five minutes later I drove by as he got his speeding ticket from the state trooper.

top topics

join