It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Up Close and Personal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think it is time to hear from someone who knows Sarah Palin personally. This is an open letter from Anne Kilkenney, an Alaskan resident, who worked with Sarah Palin and knew her very well. Since many on these forums resort to name calling and sarcastic remarks, I felt it was time to hear from someone who just wants to state the facts. It is worth reading the whole letter since many facts are at the end. After all we should be voting on the facts and merits of a candidate alone and not emotional issues that are personal in nature and very divisive.

www.andrys.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sweet Paula

How could this "Anne Kilkenny" have worked with Palin when "Anne Kilkenny" says, " I am just a housewife. I don't have a job she can bump me out
of. "

IF this "Anne Kilkenny" actually wrote this letter, the she has an agenda/vendetta against Palin.

she has hated me since back in 1996, when I was one of the 100 or so people who rallied to support the City Librarian against Sarah

These attempts to stain Pailin show nothing but desperation!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It was very interesting to read something from someone who knows Sarah on a first name basis. It shows the kind of person some people think Sarah is. Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It all sounds pretty angry to me. I mean, all of these accusations and she still has a 70-80% approval rating. She must be doing something right.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

It reads like an internet chain letter. The beauty of it is that requires absolutely no proof. We're just supposed to trust the word of someone that we know far less about than the one being accused.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sweet Paula
I think it is time to hear from someone who knows Sarah Palin personally. This is an open letter from Anne Kilkenney, an Alaskan resident, who worked with Sarah Palin and knew her very well. Since many on these forums resort to name calling and sarcastic remarks, I felt it was time to hear from someone who just wants to state the facts. It is worth reading the whole letter since many facts are at the end. After all we should be voting on the facts and merits of a candidate alone and not emotional issues that are personal in nature and very divisive.

www.andrys.com...

Despite her information being at times opinion rather than fact, and at other times not necessarily accurate, Anne Kilkenny said “I wrote my message in the spirit of providing complete and accurate information. I’m not angry or jealous.”

Do you believe her?

She openly admits "she has hated me since back in 1996, when I was one of the 100 or so people who rallied to support the City Librarian against Sarah's attempt at censorship". Unless SP openly told her she "hates her", is it reasonable Anne could be projecting this hatred?

With an estimated population of 670,000 people and an approval rating of 80%, it seems you can expect another 134,000 or so letters like Ms. Kilkenny's to come to the forefront before the election.

Unless we resort to sequestering our young until adulthood, every single potential candidate will have their detractors.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
sounds like sour grapes to me...maybe sarah knocked her on her butt during a basketball game or something

c'mon with an approval rating as high as 85% this doesn't sound right.

keep digging though it is fun seeing what kind of crap you guys come up with next

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You know, this sounds like exactly what it is, small town rivalries..

I don't disbelieve a word that this woman will go after harshly those who oppose her, don't find it to be much of commentary... it's her 85% approval rating despite small town politic that makes me like her (one of the reason)

She can handle Washington, it's really silly sounding but there is nothing like the bitter feuds between Hockey Moms and PTA ladies and how far they will go to squash each other, unlike DC they don't have to hold back a dang thing it's not on TV so they go for the jugular, lie, ...anything to get even

And she isn't that harsh... the sports complex and the librarian

I would be curious What books she wanted removed though...hrrrmmm

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
SNOPES:

The article was indeed as written

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The question in my mind is did she increase taxes and take the town from no debt to debt ridden for a sports complex instead of the sewage treatment they needed? That does not sound like the type of person I want running a debt ridden country.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Kind of funny, the town I live in PHX which is the largest land area city in the country # 5 in population actually has no sewage, just a run off system and...it's clean, very clean... too clean I get tickets lol

Water is recycled sooo...

My only point is can't know if it was a good decision until you ask why

There are 5 Million people here and we are fine,

But, I'll say this about PHX ... lack of something for kids to do, refusal to (by a republican majority honestly) build sports complexes and skate parks and etc, etc... has lead to a massive dope problem here, mainly Meth

I can't say for sure unless I hear her reasoning but, there is no reason to assume it was bad

Wassilla has 7,000 people they could... fly in porto potties and they would be fine that's like a small concert lol

What do they need a sewer system for yet?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I found this. Sort of discredits this letter.

Anne Kilkenny said in her celebrated email:

As an oil producer, the high price of oil has created a budget surplus in Alaska. Rather than invest this surplus in technology that will make us energy independent and increase efficiency, as Governor she proposed distribution of this surplus to every individual in the state.

I wonder why she of would say that. It is true, but it's a lie.

The State of Alaska passed legislation back in the early eighties, 1982 I think, that mandated no state income tax... also, that every year after passage of that law, every man woman and child who is a resident would receive a royalty check from the oil profits. My wife and I each got $1000, and my daughter, then 6 months old, got a check for $1000. The amount varies each year.

I wonder... is Kilkenny an idiot? Does she not think people in the "lower 48" might just know what goes on up there? She said it because it sounds bad. Sorry, I can't believe ANYTHING this woman says after she's stepped in moose crap the way she did.

she also said:

She (meaning Palin)is savvy. She doesn't take positions;

and later says:

She's(Palin) not very tolerant of divergent opinions or open to outside ideas or compromise.

Is KilKenny dyslexic or just scatterbrained?

And this "truth" about Palin:

Pro-creationism: mixed. Supports it, BUT did nothing as Governor to promote it.

Kilkenny is pissed because the Gov doesn't promote creationism as Governor? WTF is THAT about?

Anyone who looks at the world in this disjointed fashion needs help. Certainly, you can't please everyone, and Mrs. Palin has her enemies. One thing for sure, Anne Kilkenny is NOT her friend.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I actually think if you read this carefully, it makes Sarah Palin look even MORE positive.

Yup, I said it.

First, let's look at Anne's letter:

CLAIM VS FACT

•“Hockey mom”: true for a few years
•“PTA mom”: true years ago when her first-born was in elementary
school, not since
•“NRA supporter”: absolutely true
•social conservative: mixed. Opposes gay marriage, BUT vetoed a bill
that would have denied benefits to employees in same-sex relationships
(said she did this because it was unconsitutional).
•pro-creationism: mixed. Supports it, BUT did nothing as Governor to
promote it.
•“Pro-life”: mixed. Knowingly gave birth to a Down’s syndrome baby
BUT declined to call a special legislative session on some pro-life
legislation

Am I the only one who sees this list as reassuring????

Moreover, direct from Anne's mouth, we don't have to worry about Palin ramming her religious views down our throat via the way she governs.

That's a positive. Right?

•“Experienced”: Some high schools have more students than Wasilla has
residents. Many cities have more residents than the state of Alaska.
No legislative experience other than City Council. Little hands-on
supervisory or managerial experience; needed help of a city
administrator to run town of about 5,000.

OK, that was when she was JUST....mayor.

So "experienced" when? What happen to everything she did afterward, including being the sitting governor of the state?

This one is just strange.

•political maverick: not at all

Debatable opinion. Either way, so what?

•gutsy: absolutely!

Check. I see this as positive.

•open & transparent: ??? Good at keeping secrets. Not good at
explaining actions.

Because Palin hid a pregnancy and didn't explain all her actions to Anne?

•has a developed philosophy of public policy: no

Debatable opinion.

•”a Greenie”: no. Turned Wasilla into a wasteland of big box stores
and disconnected parking lots.

Did she build them all by herself? She must have been pretty busy being mayor and all.

Is pro-drilling off-shore and in ANWR.

No doubt.

•fiscal conservative: not by my definition!

What definition is that?

•pro-infrastructure: No. Promoted a sports complex and park in a city
without a sewage treatment plant or storm drainage system. Built
streets to early 20th century standards.

A little odd, since the media reports: $27 million in federal earmarks...$500,000 for a youth shelter...another $1.9 million for a transportation hub...$900,000 for sewer repairs...and $15 million for a rail project — all intended to benefit Palin's town.

Yeah, it doesn't look like she cared much for infrastructure.

•pro-tax relief: Lowered taxes for businesses, increased tax burden on
residents
•pro-small government: No. Oversaw greatest expansion of city
government in Wasilla’s history.

Hard to discuss without access to some real records.

•pro-labor/pro-union. No. Just because her husband works union
doesn’t make her pro-labor. I have seen nothing to support any claim
that she is pro-labor/pro-union.

Well, it certainly wouldn't be evidence of her being ANTI-labor, right?

I think when Anne says this:

she has hated me since back in 1996, when I was one of the 100
or so people who rallied to support the City Librarian against Sarah's
attempt at censorship.

You're seeing the real impetus behind this. She opposed Palin on something Anne has characterized as a 'censorship' event. As mentioned in several other threads, the librarian in question has not corroborated the story. So we only have Anne's view of this.

Given her other weak assessments, I think this story too is likely meaningless.

So what does that leave us with?

An ambitious, gutsy, capable, level-headed, pragmatic, can't please everybody, conservative, hockey mom.

This email pans Palin how again???

[edit on 6-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

SNOPES:

The article was indeed as written

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The question in my mind is did she increase taxes and take the town from no debt to debt ridden for a sports complex instead of the sewage treatment they needed? That does not sound like the type of person I want running a debt ridden country.

Thank you crimvelvet...this is exactly why I posted this letter. We here in the lower 48 really don't know diddly about what goes on in Alaska....let alone in their government.

This woman, Anne Kilkenny lives in the same town and even with "sour grapes"....she has a lot of skinny on the woman. I venture to say that until Palin was nominated, most of us knew SQUAT about her or her state policies.

Most people go on cruises to her state....and go home. Very few think...Wow, Alaska, I want to move to that paradise someday.

We should not be afraid to hear ALL the facts about every candidate....that is being an informed voter.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sweet Paula

I heard Anne last night being interviewed on the radio. (I wonder if that could be found on the net?) So, she exists.

But trust me, hearing the woman went a long way to making me feel confident I understand what motivated the email.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Aside from the ridiculous spin in the article's title, here is more from some of Palin's close friends:

When asked what the American public really needs to know about Palin, one asserted, "She's honest as the day is long, and that is a unique personality trait for a politician these days."

Link.

Watching the VIDEO at the end of the piece, I find it even more reassuring that she's close friends with such a politically diverse group. Note the pro-choice fiends she has.

So much for her being the religious nut-case people are trying to paint her out to be.

top topics

join