It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key eye witness of 9-11 WTC Commits "suicide"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I received this from a friend. Check it out.

Date: Sep 5, 2008 5:29 AM

If you've followed the 9/ll investigation at all,
you've probably seen his eye witness testimony..

Live at the scene, he clearly stated that there
was a massive explosion in the basement of tower
where he worked as a janitor..

He survived the attack, but did not survive the
aftermath..

www.... brasschecktv. com/page/424. html

Bombs in the basement

The Daily News reported yesterday that Kenny Johannemann - a key witness in the WTC 9/11 bombings - recently committed suicide.

I call him a key witness because in spite of aggressive prodding from reporters about "the planes," he clearly called what happened on the upper floors of the World Trade Center "explosions.
"

More important, Johannemann reported a massive explosion in the basement of one of the Twin Towers and rescuing someone who received full body burns from an explosion that took place at the base - not the top - of the building.

(The Daily News obscured this part of the story in their report today.
)

The suicide note purportedly left by Johannemann stated that he had "lost friends and family" over "his drinking" which the letter attributes to his depression since 9/11.

Here is the entire text of the note as reported in the Daily News:

"The reason I killed myself was 'cause I was getting evicted and can't handle homelessness. I was also very depressed since 9/11. I've been drinking way too much and it's ruined my life. I've lost friends and family over drinking and I'm very lonely. There is nothing left for me to be happy about other than my cat. Sounds weird, but it's true. I just wanted to say I'm sorry 2 any people I ever hurt in my life. I really was a good person when I wasn't drinking. I hope people remember that.

Goodbye!!!

Kenny Johannemann"

I wonder if the person who wrote this suicide note bothered to spend any time listening to Johannemann speak.

Johannemann had a large extended family and large social network which, according to his cousin Gerald Maya, universally held him in high regard. Maya had offered him a place to live.

You have to ask yourself two thing:

Would a man shoot himself in the head because he faced eviction when he had a family and social safety net like that?

Would someone as well spoken as Johannemann demonstrated himself to be on live TV, write a suicide note that sounds more like a teen aged boy's text message than a grown man's final testament?

Keep in mind that there are other people, more visible than Johannemann, who are actively telling the same story he did in public venues. You can bet that Johannemann's "suicide" has sent them a message loud and clear about their safety or lack of it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In case you were concerned about them, these eye witnesses are alive and well:

I saw the planes, the fire melted the buildings and (long term CIA asset) Osama bin Laden did it!

www.... brasschecktv. com/page/92. html

I did not write this, it was forwarded to me. Do I believe it?? Well, it wouldn't be the first coincidental thing to happen in the aftermath. What do you think???

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
He was a no-plane witness.

"The second building went off..it just blew up"

No plane. Just an explosion. Something went off.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What a sad story.

We don't know the depth of his depression, but it is well known that PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) can and does lead to severe symptoms. Drinking, drugs, violence, depression, etc. This all can lead to suicide.

I hope his family can find peace. We know he has.

I'd like to add that suicide claims MANY adults each year. A rather large number of those come from very close families.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by ThroatYogurt]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt
What a sad story.

We don't know the depth of his depression, but it is well known that PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) can and does lead to severe symptoms. Drinking, drugs, violence, depression, etc. This all can lead to suicide.

I hope his family can find peace. We know he has.

I'd like to add that suicide claims MANY adults each year. A rather large number of those come from very close families.

TY, please address the radical difference between the verbal skill of Kenny Johannemann, the intelligence he displayed and the childlike suicide note, if you would please.

And while you're at it, explain why someone who had an offer of residence would write: "The reason I killed myself was 'cause I was getting evicted and can't handle homelessness."

Oh, and why would someone who had that residence offer from a cousin write: "I've lost friends and family over drinking and I'm very lonely."

I'm sure YOU won't see issues here, chalking it up to something or another. But *I* see the issues VERY clearly. And I am certain he was murdered - by the same ones who planned and executed 9/11, murdering others with no remorse, and blaming it all on the "muslim extremist terrorists" that they are still using to attempt their fear-mongering.

I'm sure you won't 'cause I know what your job here is.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmaterasuOh, and why would someone who had that residence offer from a cousin write: "I've lost friends and family over drinking and I'm very lonely."

I'm sure YOU won't see issues here, chalking it up to something or another. But *I* see the issues VERY clearly. And I am certain he was murdered - by the same ones who planned and executed 9/11, murdering others with no remorse, and blaming it all on the "muslim extremist terrorists" that they are still using to attempt their fear-mongering.

I actually don't see issue here either. All you are showing is that you have a need to make everything fit your biased view.

I hope you don't mind if I inject an answer, based on fact mind you, to what you asked TY.

Why would someone who had relatives willing to take him in say they have lost family and friends due to ....?

Because they are depressed and just as you have biased goggles on, so this person had bias goggles on. Depression leads ppl to the assumption that others see them as a burden and feel obligated to show support. This is a fact. This would be why someone who has a genuinely supportive family who would do anything out of love for them can still end their life based on false assumptions due to their depression.

I know this for a fact because it is the same thing that my brother did. A seemingly normal, loved and liked, respected, and intelligent man who hid his depression well killed himself because he made the false assumption that he was a burden and a curse to this world... when he was anything but.

Of course, based on your faulty logic, he was actually murdered.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't see any importance of his statement on TV. The "explosion" in the basement could be a falling elevator or its counterweight that will make a loud sound and somebody who never heard the real explosion can say it's explosion. And why would you set up some small charges long before the intended "demolition"? Also initial fireball can propagate all the way down the elevator shaft and burn people. Explosion would tear them to pieces. The whole story is inconsistent with explosion. However he was smart enough to run far far away from the buildings. If he ever been in the building and didn't make the whole story up. So I doubt anyone (if conspiracy theory is correct) would want to kill him. He's not a good witness.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by syeager9]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I'm sure YOU won't see issues here, chalking it up to something or another. But *I* see the issues VERY clearly. And I am certain he was murdered - by the same ones who planned and executed 9/11

I'm sure you do see the issues, but could this not be because of your personal bias? You have no empirical evidence he was murdered, and in fact statistically there is no problem with this situation either. People do commit suicide all the time, people do get depressed. Unless you have any evidence that can be analysed objectively you are stating your own opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

TY, please address the radical difference between the verbal skill of Kenny Johannemann, the intelligence he displayed and the childlike suicide note, if you would please.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Amaterasu]

Amaterasu, your post is filled with nothing but pure speculation with ZERO evidence.

You know NOTHING about PTSD or depression. You don't know what he went through on 911. You don't know what horrors haunted this mans dreams at night. He lay alone with these thoughts and memories with his cat. Closing his eyes to try to get rest...instead reliving the nightmare he encountered on September 11th. I have know acquaintances that suffered from PTSD. Two that have killed themselves. These two were Vietnam Veterans. They were both married, worked good jobs, had strong family ties, and were loved by many.

More recently, I have two close friends that are going through PTSD. One is a veteran from the Iraq war. Another was at Ground Zero. I don't have any desire to share with you their plight. It's none of your business.

I suggest for ONCE you educate yourself into what PTSD is and then address my post appropriately. Until then I am not interested in any other filth you feel compelled to post.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Bummer, he should have gotten some help.

Sure hope his cat is ok.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thing is that no one will ever know. Either way, its very sad. Does anyone know if he ever talked to any of the agencies that were involved with the investigation of 911??? It does seem very odd that he was so smart, yet left such a basic letter. I don't like saying weather its a cover up or not because it has to be hard enough on the family, but it sounds a little fishy to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My friend's sun, young guy, worked as a programmer in WTC. You know, programmers usually don't come to work early. So by the time he wanted to take the Path train from NJ to WTC, towers already collapsed and service was already suspended. So he didn't see it, he wasn't there. He didn't see people jumping or anything. However some of the people he worked with were killed there. And after that day he developed a fear of flying that he never had before. Nightmares with crashing airplanes, etc. He didn't get suicidal, but he had to see a psychiatrist and didn't fully recovered from it even now 7 years later. Just an example what event like this can do to you in the relatively mild case.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Thing is that no one will ever know. Either way, its very sad. Does anyone know if he ever talked to any of the agencies that were involved with the investigation of 911??? It does seem very odd that he was so smart, yet left such a basic letter. I don't like saying weather its a cover up or not because it has to be hard enough on the family, but it sounds a little fishy to me.
What is "so smart" in this video? That he was able to coherently describe what he thinks he witnessed? Most people can do it. It doesn't show what level of "smartness" he has. Whatever it means.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by syeager9

Originally posted by KaginD
What is "so smart" in this video? That he was able to coherently describe what he thinks he witnessed? Most people can do it. It doesn't show what level of "smartness" he has. Whatever it means.

It is not only based on the video that people concluded that he was intelligent. The person that sent this to me did some research on him. Remember, I didn't write this, just relayed it to ats

[edit on 6-9-2008 by KaginD]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I do see what the op is saying, and why it is suspicious, and as someone else said we will probably never know.

But, I have also read notes from someone who could write well and was upset and then wrote a note to describe how she was feeling. I could barely tell what she was saying, she was describing everything in three word sentences, much a like a child. This particlular person was a packrat and had her home invaded by family members, who actually owned the home, and were threatening to remove her stuff.

So the note of someone who is on the verge of suicide, might read more in a childish tone, than the person would write or talk normally.

Also if I were forced to move out of my own home and move in with family or friends, I would consider myself homeless, not street homeless, but still homeless.

Anyway this is very sad, survivors guilt is a very difficult thing to deal with.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by goose]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow...and another ones gone and another ones gone...another ones bites the dust...eehh....heh I'm got get you to...another one bights the dust....

Any other people out there been hearing this song alot lately on the radio?
It was the first thing I thought of.
How many 'suicides' does that make?
Anyone keeping count?
They will obviously anything to avoid a re-investigation of 9/11 especially since the evidence is so overwhelming. Remember, these guys read the content of these well known blog and conspiracy theory sites and they don't know how to handle it. If a a site is removed....it has usually been cached and is just reposted on the internet under a renewed IP address. I'm sure that must frustrate the hell out of em
For reason of exposure and unlimited liability in which they are now facing .....I would expect an 'event' to happen sooner than we expect....so Marshall law could be enacted and Rex 84 made a reality. The 9/11 conspirators are obviously not going to go down without a fight. They mean business so beware. We're NOT in Kansas anymore but rather lost as zombies trapped in a maze of deceit and disinformation while in search for that golden brick road to ....safety?
Why do I get the feeling the airline industry here is about to get alot more busy?
Think I'll watch the airtraffic numbers to spot the trend. When the flights are full...perhaps we've got evidence of a leak....similar to those 'leaks' prior to 9/11. There were alot of people involved in 9/11 planning as well as it's cover up therefor it makes since someone would make a mistake warning family members, freinds in the public communications domain. Leaks should arrive again though I believe the people will react with a little more conviction this time and relocate or find some cover for contingency scenarios. Everyone should have some kind of plan by now as well as 3 months supplies of food, water, weapons, ammo etc. so you may protect yourselves from 'anyone' who has intent to harm your person of which you have a 'creator' given, inherent right to protect yourself if you find your life at risk by .....who knows who may turn on you in a time of crisis....could be that sweet elderly neighbor with the dusty shotgun on the wall with an appetite for survival.
Wow, 24 hours of posting in a row....thats clearly a record for me though I feel the tension around here 3 fold lately. Too much has transpired for this whole 'situation' to transpire peacefully. This is what concerns me the most.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Man that was sad...

I think it is important that all deaths be investigated by the proper authorities and loved ones to determine the cause of death.

I hope his family will speak out if they are suspicious. You can never be too careful IMHO. As far as 9/11 goes I take nothing for granted.

In any case I hope he has found peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok, now I have to clean and oil my old AK-47 (cheapest automatic I could find 25 years ago) and stock up on 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo (mail order). Perhaps a 10 or so 30 round magazines, just to be safe (mail order too). This will really make me feel much safer.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Tragic.

Reminds me a little bit of the recent suicide of the US military man who was in that very famous AP photo where he is depicted rescuing a child from the dogs of war. He had fallen into a depression described in this case.

Ruling out suicide would be naive; ruling out suicide as a cover-up to a much more complex, sinister plot would be unacceptable.

How can an investigation be started. Perhaps an ATS investigation would be appropriate. Who did he talk to these past few years? Had his story varied, or become more sophisticated? Was his message heard by anyone? Did everyone in his life, even to his most intimate of friends possibly have denied any outlet or like-mindedness? Of course! He talked to people. He bought liquor... did he ever talk to the liquor store salesperson?

What bothers me in cases like these is they take so long, if they ever get researched at all ...even if a researcher goes and gets this sort of information, will I ever see the results?

There's more to the story and having more info about his life, from multiple sources even, would help let the truth out, and would build more momentum from people involved in related research such as Truthers.. etc.

FYI - links on MODS original post do not work. Are there more links????

[edit on 6-9-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
RIP KENNY

"On a separate sheet was a plea: “Please find my cat a home. His name is Papa-Boy and he’s a very special cat.”

The police brought Papa-Boy to the 122nd Precinct stationhouse on Staten Island. The tabby was trembling when one of Johannemann’s cousins, Gerald Maya, picked him up. Maya also collected Johannemann’s cell phone. He dialed every number in it to pass on the tragic news.

“Everybody I called on his cell phone said, ‘I would have given him the money. The guy was beautiful.’” Maya said Wednesday. “Nothing bad on this man.” "

All these people were people Kenny obviously had spoken to in recent days, months or years. Their impressions must be acknowledged before future speculation can cloud truth.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

Tragic indeed. The enormity of the event coupled with the fact that he KNEW, at least in his mind, that there were explosions in the building, obviously weighed enormously on him, as evidenced by his drinking/withdrawl. One can only imagine the bewilderment of working that morning, nothing so different, then, BOOM - everything, and I mean everything has changed. And he remebered what he did because those things happend. I believe the PTSD argument is valid and as an aside, I still am affacted by 9/11. I saw with my own eyes live the second explosion occur. Due to my position relative to the "impact", it would have been impossible for me to see a plane. I will say however, from the 24th floor boardroom at the Chrysler building, there is a decent view of the horizon into NJ and I never saw anything that caught my eye as I watched the first tower burn. By the time the first tower went down, my boss and I made it to Church & S. Broadway - still far enough not to get caught in the direct line of debris, but close enough. We pressed as far as we could in to help and without going into much, I am still affected today. Medicine when I never had any before. I'm here on ATS (if my family only knew!) - and I'm looking for answers. And I'm just a human like 6 million other that day in Manhattan. I was not in the Towers, and I did not hear the explosions within the building. He did. I don't know if he was "suicided", it most certainly is plausible, but I can understand his spiral down. And depression is not a logical disease. May God Bless Him.

ColoradoJens

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join