It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Save 12K US Flags Dems [POTENTIAL HOAX]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
reply to post by justme2 First off, my typing looks nothing like your retarded example and mine can be easily read.Nothing hard about that .Easy On the eye's. Unless you wear glasses with lenses that resemble Coke bottles ?

Just some friendly advice. Read more books and the way the authors and editors use punctuation will over time rub off. Its not a matter of being an adept typist but being adept at punctuation. You see where my periods are just after my sentences without a space and then a space before my next sentence? I do this with a laptop that has the periods and question marks are not working and had to copy and paste them into word for windows. I then have to copy and paste them back to here.

As hard as that is I am still punctuating half way decently. So it has nothing to do with the ability to type but the ability to know how to punctuate. Try and do it with a laptop you spilled coffee with cream and sugar on it and do not have the option of just "typing in" your punctuation. Half the time I have to edit my posts but I take the time to do that for the readers convenience.

SO good job with the Hoax tag. I was wondering when a mod would do this, but did not expect it from the man himself!

Edited for the above reasons! Darn keyboard...

[edit on 9-9-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If you're gonna start labeling threads "Potential Hoaxes", you mods should be busy because about 80% of the content, at a minimum could be considered a "potential hoax".

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
reply to post by lee anoma

Sorry, I get my talking points emailed to me, didn't copy and paste them from any website.

Chain mail.

Even worse.

I guess they take into account the lack of motivation to go search and retrieve the rubbish. You're right though some of the sites say to mail the points out to everyone but nevertheless the websites are still the original sources.

They didn't come from your head.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's been labeled "Potential Hoax" because there are no facts to back up claims. Just because flags were found does not mean they were being trashed. The one who found could have twisted his/her story turning it into this huge rumor that got out of hand. Sounds like somebody wanted to get in the media like the Big Foot hoaxers.

But wait....FOX News reported it so it can't be a hoax. Can it? I don't think they would take a story like this and portray it as fact. Well didn't they show the Republicans handing out these flags? To make them look like these heroes that swooped in in the nick of time and saved the flags from being destroyed. You conservatives are my heroes! NOT....

[edit on 9-9-2008 by TheHunted]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Thanks Hunted, for bringing a little sanity to this weird story(news?). Man the sides have certainly been chosen here, and even when the site owner himself sheds light people still don't want to see they're being manipulated.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Here's a resounding I told you so.

HAH!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Intelligent people watch news from both sides and the middle. Those who limit themselves to only biased reporting from one side, well their not so intelligent. This is not a football game where its OK to root only for one side. This is the real world where all sides are relevant and those who adhere to only one sides point of view are the problem.

Great! I agree!

I'm not sure what post of mine you were responding to

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

I dont have enough time to respond to your entire post at this time, I'll start with Vietnam and work backwards.

You're right though I did mis-speak, it looks like Kennedy started it in 1961.

No. You're totally wrong. It was EISENHOWER who first got us involved by sending military advisors. We dd not actually start sending combat units until 1965, two years after Kennedy was assassinated.

Besides, how could somebody "start" a war in 1961 that had been going on since 1945?? It makes zero sense.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by matttheratt]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
[edit on 9-9-2008 by matttheratt]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The real crime here is how the mods are placing their political leanings ahead of open thought to flag this thread as a HOAX. It doesn't matter if you place the George Soros media machine (HuffPo, Media Matters, Daily Kos) ahead of the Denver Post, that's just free choice. But, the mods should be unbiased referees, and they are obviously not, by their actions.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
ahead of the Denver Post,

As I mentioned in your other thread crying about the supposed injustice, the basis of this story does not come from the Denver Post. It comes from the blog of a DP reporter, hosted by the Denver Post.

The story is never mentioned anywhere in the actual Denver Post political sections. Please take the time to get your facts straight.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The real crime here is how the mods are placing their political leanings ahead of open thought to flag this thread as a HOAX. It doesn't matter if you place the George Soros media machine (HuffPo, Media Matters, Daily Kos) ahead of the Denver Post, that's just free choice. But, the mods should be unbiased referees, and they are obviously not, by their actions.

Just another typical Republican trying to dig to deep. You point fingers at the dems on something that has no evidence, then you point a finger at Mods for having a personal agenda by labeling your thread a "Potential Hoax". Once again you are proved to be wrong, because Mods don't do the labeling ATS Administration does. So you lose twice, your facts are a whole bunch of mess.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

ahead of the Denver Post,

Oh... look here sir... The Denver Post is supporting the notion that this story has been fabricated for political effect --

DenverPost.com

Stories circulating about flags at the Democratic National Convention are false. We distributed more than 125,000 American made flags at the Convention - the flags removed from Invesco field were intended for other events and taken without permission.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

The Major applauds you Mr. School. You have sunk to the same level of disingenuous and manipulated partisan posting as the rest of the membership. The Denver Post has not supported any position. They merely reported two canned statements from the Democratic Party. From your own source, the two statements:

Here are the statements from the Democrats.

"American flags were proudly waved by the 75,000 people who joined Barack Obama at the Democratic Convention. John McCain should applaud that, but instead his supporters wrongfully took leftover bundles of our flags from the stadium to play a cheap political stunt calling into question our patriotism. On the same day he agrees to join Barack Obama at Ground Zero on September 11, John McCain attacks the patriotism of Obama supporters who so proudly waved the American flag at our historic event in Denver just days ago."

- Democratic National Committee Spokeswoman Karen Finney

"Stories circulating about flags at the Democratic National Convention are false. We distributed more than 125,000 American made flags at the Convention - the flags removed from Invesco field were intended for other events and taken without permission. It's disappointing that someone would take American flags without authorization and then falsely describe how they were being used. We have the utmost respect for the American flag, and it's sad to see them being used for a cheap political stunt."

- Democratic National Convention Committee

www.denverpost.com...

What you claim has not occurred.

Your agenda is duly noted, and your future contributions will be observed with said agenda in mind.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
The Denver Post has not supported any position.

The important point here is truth. And the truth of the matter is that no news article from the Denver Post supports the proposition that the Democrats were intending to throw out flags.

(typo fix)

[edit on 9-9-2008 by mister.old.school]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinityoreilly
Thanks Hunted, for bringing a little sanity to this weird story(news?). Man the sides have certainly been chosen here, and even when the site owner himself sheds light people still don't want to see they're being manipulated.

It's almost election time and this is one of many desperation attempts from the neo-cons to gain some votes. What better way to do it then portray liberals as America haters. This will not be there last attempt to make the dems look bad. You have to look at the sources, when you do that something smells funny.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
PLEASE STICK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC!!!

This thread is devolving into name-calling and political bickering. If the discussion continues with fact-checking and news sources, it will stay open. If you want to throw mud at each other, the thread will be closed.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

The Major is well acquainted with the truth, and as a result of said acquaintance is well aware when it is nowhere in sight. You intentionally misrepresented the contents of an article and falsely claimed that the Denver Post is supporting a particular position regarding this story. The reality is that the Denver Post included two canned denials from the accused perpetrators. The Major could care less about this story, it is semantics wrapped in rhetoric and fed to the partisan masses. The Major understands the value of this great nation's flag, and when and where it is sacrosanct. These flags in this setting do not meet that criteria.

Try to spin this as you please Mr. school, but be well aware that despite the Major's gruff demeanor, the Major is light on his feet and can Waltz with the best of them. The Major is no wall flower.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
You intentionally misrepresented the contents of an article and falsely claimed that the Denver Post is supporting a particular position regarding this story.

By displaying only material that supports the position that the reality of the story was not discarded flags, certainly does present one side and one position. There are no news articles (including this one) from the Denver Post that state the possibility the flags were intentionally discarded by the DNC.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join