It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Save 12K US Flags Dems [POTENTIAL HOAX]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
How does this have a hoax tag, when you have zero evidence that the flags were being picked up and not thrown away? I'm just wondering what you guys are seeing that I'm missing?

I really don't think the story is that big of a deal, but I think the hoax tag is a bit premature.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Dronetek]

I agree but when the majority of mods are liberal you get the [HOAX] title added to threads they don't like.

what are you gonna do? we live with the liberal mods..

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm just wondering what you guys are seeing that I'm missing?

MediaMatters.org
TheBogus Flag Story
United Press

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Intelligent people watch news from both sides and the middle. Those who limit themselves to only biased reporting from one side, well their not so intelligent. This is not a football game where its OK to root only for one side. This is the real world where all sides are relevant and those who adhere to only one sides point of view are the problem.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by Fathom

BS. A lie is a lie is a lie.

By the way....I didn't know you knew how to post more than one line at a time?

funny... I don't remember ever seeing you around here before, are you new?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I'm just wondering what you guys are seeing that I'm missing?

MediaMatters.org
TheBogus Flag Story
United Press

As always, SO comes in to bring light where others only wish there were darkness.

Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A hoax? With this from the Denver Post:

UPDATE I: I just spoke with the person at Invesco who found the flags and he thinks both sides are exaggerating a bit. The person claims the majority of the bags with flags in them were near the trash, on a dock, and would have been thrown away. The person thinks it was probably an “oversight” by the Democrats rather than any nefarious plot against the flag. But the person doesn’t believe anyone was coming to get them: “The flags were there for a week and a day and no one came looking for them.”

LINK:blogs.denverpost.com...

"Having spoken to the person who found the bags, it’s difficult to believe that anyone was coming to get them a week after the convention — or that they were “stolen.” If so, what is the name of the person who was coming to pick them up? I’ve sent a query asking that question."

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

Yep HOAX

Read the links that SO posted.

Like far too many of the stories pushed by the McCain campaign, and embraced by Fox News and far-right blogs, it's not true.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

I don't think this is a hoax. Somebody on the Obama team screwed up and left a lot of flags behind in garbage bags near the dumpsters. A week later when it is seemed apparent nobody was coming to pick them up it was assumed they were discarded. Seems simple enough. The Dem's were embarrassed so they claimed they were taken wrongly when in fact after sitting there for a week nobody had inquired about them or picked them up. The worker at the field had every reason to believe they were abandoned and intended for the trash.

I don't see how this is even worth discussing????

SO,

How is following an evolving story where both sides apparently got it wrong a hoax? A non-story yes, a hoax no.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

So we are to believe everything from Media Matters and the Huffington Post but screw the Denver Post?

As I see it there are two versions of the story, hardly a HOAX!

Here is the statement by the dems:
“Stories circulating about flags at the Democratic National Convention are false. We distributed more than 125,000 American made flags at the Convention - the flags removed from Invesco field were intended for other events and taken without permission. It’s disappointing that someone would take American flags without authorization and then falsely describe how they were being used. We have the utmost respect for the American flag, and it’s sad to see them being used for a cheap political stunt.”
– Democratic National Convention Committee

And here is the statement by the guy who found them from the Denver Post:
“The flags were there for a week and a day and no one came looking for them.”
Having spoken to the person who found the bags, it’s difficult to believe that anyone was coming to get them a week after the convention — or that they were “stolen.” If so, what is the name of the person who was coming to pick them up? I’ve sent a query asking that question.

It sounds to me like some intern or volunteer probably made a mistake with these flags and the McCain campaign used it to pull a gotcha.

If true, is this why you are claiming HOAX?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Both sides are spinning (lying) like crazy. What else is new?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Perhaps it isn't to you or I, but to lable the OP's thread a HOAX when it isn't is an insult! What you wrote makes the most sense. They FORGOT them, and given the nature of politics these days the mistake was politicised. Hardly something to get all worked up about, but when the mods label a thread a HOAX, it should be proven. Not a coule of links to Media Matters or the Huffington Post, showing the two sides argueing the facts, but a link to a retraction from the guy who found the flags at Invesco field and admitted lying about it or making it up. To me, that proves HOAX!
Deny Ignorance right?

[edit on 9/8/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Intelligent people watch news from both sides and the middle. Those who limit themselves to only biased reporting from one side, well their not so intelligent. This is not a football game where its OK to root only for one side. This is the real world where all sides are relevant and those who adhere to only one sides point of view are the problem.

That's funny coming from you. No matter how eloquent you aim to be in your posts, you're views and motives are as transparent as anybody else's in just about every thread you post in. Oh well.

Anyway, sucks that this is the kind of crap we're reduced to discussing, when there are SO many more important issues to be rampantly partisan about....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Picture this: Flags were moved, and the dems forget about them. Someone finds them near the garbage and reports it to the neo-con media. Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levine have a field day with this on there shows. What a convienent opportunity to smear the dems and portray them as un-patriotic souls out to destroy America.

Come on neo-cons use your time more wisely. I'll never trust a party who gave McCain the nomination over Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

If you mean I lean to the Moderate or Conservative side, thats true. I was however ready to vote for Obama out of anger until he broke his promise on public funding. Then I shifted toward McCain. Now I'm back to the undecided column.

I think the problem is that when people here run into a genuine Moderate they don't know how to pigeon hole us because we agree with issues on both sides and agree with neither side completely. Is that what your referring too?

In what way is limiting your information to that coming from only one side intelligent if I might ask?

My History??
From the age of 18 until Reagan's second run I was a Democrat and voted straight Party Ticket. I still kick myself for Carter. He destroyed me financially.

From then to Bush 1 I registered and voted Republican. It made sense for a while in no small part because the Republicans are the Small Business owners best Friends and the Democratic policy hurts small business. Then I voted for Clinton hoping for change. We got a do nothing President who did nothing.

Then I registered undeclared and am still registered that way. I did not vote for Bush the second time but did the first time.

This time I'm at a loss. I don't like either Parties Candidate at the moment.

I'm also a Pacifist who protested the Vietnam War. I am opposed completely to violent protest and I'm 100% for peaceful, lawful protest. I also realize that not all wars can be avoided and I was for going into Afghanistan.

There you have the whole story about me. I am a Moderate and a Swing Voter, just like the majority of Americans who actually vote. I think I'm a quite normal person on a board where out of the norm people rule. A round peg in a square hole.

I'm here because I believe in UFO's and want to know what they are. I've seen two and possibly a third that I'm sure is an unknown to us military craft. I have other good reason to believe that and someday when I'm in the right frame of mind I'll share.

Sorry OP for going off topic.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Whoever you support there should be a sniff test before gobbling down this crap.

This story has Karl Rove written all over it. The Democratics are not innocent of these kinds of tactics...but they have nothing on the Atwater-Rove dynasty.

These tactics are his hallmark...
He always goes a little over the top..."boyscouts" rescuing the flags that democrats discarded.

You have to love the imagery
great headline.

Oh but then it turns out that the flags were found by an Invesco worker...and they weren't in the garbage, they were neatley stacked and bundled and on the docks...but somewhere near the dumpsters? And then the Invesco worker says he might have "exagerated" and doesn't want to talk about it...actually I have yet to see an actual interview with him ...or his name?

I like the Boyscouts rescuing flags the DNC threw out though...great stuff.

Rove is now advising the McCain Campaign
www.salon.com...

Ironic considering what Rove did to McCAin in South Carolina once upon a time.
www.bartcopnation.com...
McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

Next we will see "push polls"..just wait. In South Carolina when Bush ran against McCain Rove paid for a poll that asked the question...

"Would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain...if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?" This was no random slur. McCain was at the time campaigning with his dark-skinned daughter, Bridget, adopted from Bangladesh.

It worked. Owing largely to the Rove-orchestrated whispering campaign, Bush prevailed in South Carolina and secured the Republican nomination.
"
www.thenation.com...

This is going to get UGLY until election day.

HOAX? That is too nice a word. When you endorse these stories you are being used and manipulated.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
If you mean I lean to the Moderate or Conservative side, thats true. I was however ready to vote for Obama out of anger until he broke his promise on public funding. Then I shifted toward McCain. Now I'm back to the undecided column.

Yeah, that's where I'm at as well. I was almost leaning toward McCain until he picked Palin. Huckabee would have been better IMO. I'm sorry, but I can't stand that woman's voice, or her hypocrisy. That 'Fargo' accent drives me nuts, but that's a personal thing. I don't know how she kept it this long, in general you guys don't have accents up there.

I think the problem is that when people here run into a genuine Moderate they don't know how to pigeon hole us because we agree with issues on both sides and agree with neither side completely. Is that what your referring too?

Well, I have yet to read a post of yours that leans towards the liberal side in any way, but I may just be missing it. I apologize if I pegged you wrong. I am also a genuine independent/moderate (or whatever it's called).

In what way is limiting your information to that coming from only one side intelligent if I might ask?

In no way at all. I agree with you completely on that point, and this election is already getting ridiculousy polarized to the point where I'm just about ready to abstain completely, or write in Mickey Mouse. I just don't know.

My History??
From the age of 18 until Reagan's second run I was a Democrat and voted straight Party Ticket. I still kick myself for Carter. He destroyed me financially.

Well, I'm only old enough to have voted in a couple elections, last one I went for Kerry (voting against Bush, not for Kerry), but the same election I voted McCain for Senator because I liked him back then.

This time I'm at a loss. I don't like either Parties Candidate at the moment.

Guess we're in the same boat, lol.

I'm also a Pacifist who protested the Vietnam War. I am opposed completely to violent protest and I'm 100% for peaceful, lawful protest. I also realize that not all wars can be avoided and I was for going into Afghanistan.

I agree about Afghanistan, but Iraq was a big mistake and I have always felt that way. Although I'm not really a pacifist, I'm for peace and being cool to everybody, until pushed too far. My right side, lol, is that I am pro-gun, and Obama really pissed me off when he singled out my favorite gun in my collection (AK-47) in his acceptance speech saying we don't need them. He can kiss my arse. I am also pro-death penalty for intentional murder, rape, and child molestation, with expedited execution in cases that are clear cut. My left leaning side, is that I am pro-legalization of marijuana (but not the other illegal narcotics out there that actually destroy lives). I am pro-gay rights and I couldn't care less if they marry either, it's not my business who someone chooses to love. My traditional family is not threatened in any way by that, and for those who feel it is an abomination in the eyes of god, let your god decide that.

I am a Moderate and a Swing Voter, just like the majority of Americans who actually vote. I think I'm a quite normal person on a board where out of the norm people rule. A round peg in a square hole.

Yeah, I know the feeling sometimes.

I'm here because I believe in UFO's and want to know what they are. I've seen two and possibly a third that I'm sure is an unknown to us military craft. I have other good reason to believe that and someday when I'm in the right frame of mind I'll share.

That's cool, I believe in UFO's, and ET's as well. I have seen my share living here in AZ, but I have never been one to carry a camera.

Sorry OP for going off topic.

Me too, just felt I should make myself more transparent too. Sorry if I pegged you as a rabid right winger, and thanks for clarifying your positions.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join