It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Save 12K US Flags Dems [POTENTIAL HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted

Originally posted by TheRooster
(snip)
FDR (DEMOCRAT) led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ... an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman (DEMOCRAT) finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ... an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy (DEMOCRAT) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson (DEMOCRAT) turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost ... an average of 5,800 per year.
(snip)

So happy you know your history.

My quote edits-brevity

No, no, no, my friend those are merely conservative "talking points" copied word for word from other websites.

They are prepared for anyone that criticizes Bush as a war President (which he himself claimed to be) and those points are pulled from number of sources in spite of Roosters decision to have them appear as his/her own. This is against T&C btw.

You can find them at the following sites:

Liberalscum.com

Topix.com

crashkelly.com

ROOSTER,

If you are going to pull quotes from other sources don't pretend they are your own, and give credit to Liberalscum.com and/or any other site you got those erroneous "facts" from.

I believe we are required to do this, since the opposite is being very dishonest.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
reply to post by justme2 I'm Not Typing In All Caps , So How About You Take A Flying Leap ! And If You Call Me A Damn Nazi Bud We're Gonna Have A Real Problem , Me And You. So Shut Your Mouth !

Cut it out with the threats "Bud".

And, no, I will not shut my mouth "Bud". I fought for my freedom of speech. Which is something the Neo-con Nazi Party doesn't appear to like.

At Ease.

Deny Ignorance!

(anD yeS yoU dO usE thE capS locK keY toO mucH. seE? i'M typinG jusT likE yoU buT iN reversE. noT easY oN thE eyeS iS iT?)

[edit on 9/8/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
reply to post by DraconianKing Again ,Typical Democrap Backpedaling .They Got Caught And Now They Want To Make The Repubs The Bad Guys ! Real Class Act There .Shift The Blame To Someone Else !

Shift blame? You just like many others are falling right into their plans. They try to make out us dems to be unpatriotic. I was in the Army, while in I served in Iraq. Does it make me unpatriotic if I say this flag deal is a non-issue? I do understand the emotional attachment to the red, white, and blue piece of fabric. Its sad that the neo-cons are trying to divide us while gaining votes off the issue. Worry about real events that are affecting us, not this b.s....

[edit on 8-9-2008 by TheHunted]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
True Story, below is the Article from the Denver Post stating that the flags where retrived from the garbadge.

blogs.denverpost.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Are you implying that a democratic leader, possibly Obama himself, ordered the flags to be thrown out? It is the cleaning crew employed by the convention center that is responsible for this non-outrage.

Gather up your torches and pitchforks and go after the minimum wage earning cleaning crew. Do you know how these janitors registered? In my experience janitors have traditionally been brainwashed fox news watching, rush limbaugh listening types who vote against their self interests if they even bother voting at all. And in more recent years with the dissolution of unions and artificially low wages these positions have been filled by non-citizen workers working for non-accountable outsourced lowest bid contractors.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What matters most to me is what Obama has to say on the subject. Seems to me like he made it clear how he felt about our flag when he removed it from the plane he uses to travel/campaign. I'm highly suspicious of the "change" he is promoting. Is it really for the better of the American people? or for the world as a whole? why is he campaigning in Europe? Americans are the only one with the ability to cast a ballot, yet he's picking up support all over the world. What is he trying to achieve by going to Europe?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VDOG.45

Lets start by using our thinking caps. If the DNC intended to throw out the flags why would they have seperated them from all other garbage and then stacked them as neatley as they were found? The Denver Post and the Invesco worker who "found them" are both backpadeling in the story.

THINK....

conwebwatch.tripod.com...

"The campaign says the flags were recovered from Invesco Field after the Democrats concluded their convention there," Fox News reported, "and they are going to be used as part of the warm-up ceremonies before McCain takes the stage" for a rally in Colorado Springs, Col.

But according to a senior official involved in organizing the Democratic convention, the McCain camp is simply lying about the flags.

"All of the flags at Invesco were picked up and put in bags and into storage, along with the unused flags and campaign signs. The flags were going to be donated, and the signs were going to be sent out to be used elsewhere," the official said, speaking anonymously since he was not authorized to talk to the press.

Fox News' Carl Cameron and Bonney Kapp reported that they had "been told" that "a vendor at Invesco Field found the flags, which were going to be thrown out, and turned them over to the McCain campaign."

The Democratic convention official says that's not true.

"It's pretty reprehensible on their part," he said. "Someone made an assumption, took the flags, and essentially lied about what was going to happen to them. I mean, c'mon, we were never ever going to throw out flags."

Emails to three McCain spokespersons inquiring where the flags were found and how the McCain campaign obtained them were not returned.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh yea, how many pages on this taking place here? You are all being side tracked from the REAL issues that we should be looking at and discussing.

I say "Nice job politicians and news media" you have again turned what should be Americans discussing what the real issues are into a smack and bash over something that is in all reality not important in the big picture.

I've seen this take place over and over, and am at times amazed at how easily Americans are sidetracked and become emotionally involved over an issue such as this one.

Every time I see something like this become the "main smack and bash" of parties I think we deserve what we have gotten with this government.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

OH PLEASE! Is this all you have?

Man the Obama Inauguration party is going to be FUN!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

It's only colored fabric people, forget the symbolism behind it, it's just a bunch of trash. Silently step down from your high horses and accept this "horrific" fact of reality.

How many things do we have to do in this country to further perpetuate the "stereotype" that we're just a bunch whiney Americans.

We can laugh when comics depiciting other religions to be mocked and ridiculed but god forbid we throw away a bunch of flags that, with all due respect, don't represent anything more than a country full of war mongering hypocites.

I don't believe that "wasting" the fabric by tossing it in a dump makes a lot of sense, but lets not pitch a fit because they're American flags.

After all they could have easily taken them to the incinerator

Tears can dry America.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper
reply to post by jamie83

I served in the Marines and this infuriates me to no end...even today when driving down the 95 in Miami when I see a American Flag I still salute it, my wife thinks I am strange but it is love of country and Americans that makes me solute the RED WHITE AND BLUE...!

God Bless America...

Nothing but respect for you. Don't let your love for the country blind you to what's really going on. This is just another attempt by the republicans to keep us divided. The complete opposite of what the flag represents. The stars and stripes stand for unity, yet we are more divided then ever.

No matter how many flags were saved it won't bring back the lives lost at the expense of the republicans personal agendas. We don't even know the real story behind this issue, so don't jump to conclusions.

We can dig all the flags out of the trash we like but that won't change the fact the U.S is being turned into a landfill. Lets worry about real issues that are affecting America and not ones that neo-cons magnify to create a poor image on the dems.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Propaganda. And 6 pages to boot!

The flags were bagged for use at later rally's.

QUICK LOOK! THAT GUY ISN'T WEARING A LAPEL PIN.....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Not sure how much of a contribution this is:

en.wikipedia.org...

But I believe not all flags that look like American flags are actually American flags. I am pretty sure there are specific dimensions and colors the flag has to adhere to for it to be federally recognized as a 'real' American flag. Thus, some could be thrown in the garbage, without legal or political repercussions. I could be wrong...

For instance, they sell American style flags at the Dollar Tree (99 cent store), which are made of a kind of quality I wouldn't trust wiping my arse with. I seriously doubt I would be in legal trouble throwing one of those away.

Yes there is flags that arent true representations i have one with only 40 stars i thought it was funny so I kept it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Sorry, I get my talking points emailed to me, didn't copy and paste them from any website.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by matttheratt

Originally posted by TheRooster
John F. Kennedy (DEMOCRAT) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Wow. Wrong yet again. The Viet Nam war began many years before we got involved as the French Indo-China war, and the first American involvement was directed by Dwight Eisenhower, a republican president.

I dont have enough time to respond to your entire post at this time, I'll start with Vietnam and work backwards.

You're right though I did mis-speak, it looks like Kennedy started it in 1961.

The vietnam "conflict" had begun many years before. After the French defeat in 1954 the communists agreed to a partitioned country. The U.S. sent advisors to Viet Nam in late 1959 and early 1960 under President Kennedy. It escalated from this point on until the U.S. withdrew in 1973.

For the US, the start date is generally considered 1961. It ended 1975 when the last Marines departed Saigon.

Excerpt from Wiki: For the US, the start date would have to be around July of 1961. My battalion was on patrol in the South China sea when President Kennedy ordered us to Laos. We were to be issued live ammo and to wait for further instructions. We floated in the South China sea for several months before we were ordered back to our home base of Okinawa. I was with 2nd bat. 9th Marines on the USS Paul Revere when all of this happened.

Source: wiki.answers.com...

JFK was elected in 1960, took office in 1961.

I'll get to your other "Wow's" later... Got to pay the bills.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by TheRooster]

[edit on 9/8/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mods!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How does this have a hoax tag, when you have zero evidence that the flags were being picked up and not thrown away? I'm just wondering what you guys are seeing that I'm missing?

I really don't think the story is that big of a deal, but I think the hoax tag is a bit premature.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Jemison

The story is true. As I type this, I'm watching Fox and they are showing them being distributed among the crowd in Colorado Springs.

Well if FOX is reporting on it, then it MUST be true!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join