It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Save 12K US Flags Dems [POTENTIAL HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

By the way, to all the libs here trashing this story....this is payback for all the lies and hateful trivial crap being said on this board about Sara Palin. Not much of that garbage, if any of it, is true to the slightest degree but people keep pushing it. How does it fee now, libs?

[edit on 6-9-2008 by LiquidMirage]

Wow! You've obviously correctly analyzed the world and put liberals in their place! I think everybody who ever had one of those disgusting "liberal" thoughts is now thinking twice. This is obviously what is happening here, and you nailed it!!

You are a GENIUS!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yep, after hearing the response and the DNC admitting ti was there flags, I have to side with them. cheap political stunt by the repubs. Both sides are full of them, this one, however, belongs to the right.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Wow! You've obviously correctly analyzed the world and put liberals in their place! I think everybody who ever had one of those disgusting "liberal" thoughts is now thinking twice. This is obviously what is happening here, and you nailed it!!

You are a GENIUS!!!

Get off the sarcasm, you come across as being very arrogant. Try tone down the personal attacks, you're not going to make any friends here doing that.
In any case, its a legitimate topic, why were those flags discarded in such a fashion? Is the American flag really just a prop to Obama and his band of merry men, to be discarded after the cameras are turned off and the media leaves? Could these flags not have been reused? This strikes me as wasteful on the Obama campaigns part.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

By the way, to all the libs here trashing this story....this is payback for all the lies and hateful trivial crap being said on this board about Sara Palin. Not much of that garbage, if any of it, is true to the slightest degree but people keep pushing it. How does it fee now, libs?

That's not very nice and it's totally unneccessary.

I don't like the stuff that was flying around about Palin last week any more than you do but as a Republican, I take offense to you using this situation as 'payback'.

Simply pointing out that we understand their frustration over what they feel is an attack because we have been there would be sufficient. The 'neener, neener neener' attitude makes you/us look bad and does nothing to help anything other than your own ego.

In all honesty, I don't know what to make of this situation. It all seems a little strange to me, on BOTH sides, and I doubt that we'll ever know what the REAL story is.

Generally there are 3 sides to every story, but when two of the sides are opposing political parties, it generally turns into 300 sides to a story!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

So far, you've not contributed anything useful to this thread other than your dripping bias for the left. If you believe the story to be untrue, how about doing some research and posting some links that offer contrary views on this subject instead of your snyde comments. Posters like you contribute to the degeneration of quality on ATS.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight

Get off the sarcasm, you come across as being very arrogant. Try tone down the personal attacks, you're not going to make any friends here doing that.
In any case, its a legitimate topic, why were those flags discarded in such a fashion?

That's the point. That question was never asked. It was ASSUMED that this was some deliberate act by the democrats with absolutely no evidence to back that up whatsoever

Originally posted by ppskylight
Is the American flag really just a prop to Obama and his band of merry men, to be discarded after the cameras are turned off and the media leaves? Could these flags not have been reused? This strikes me as wasteful on the Obama campaigns part.

See what I mean? You've made the exact same assumption. You would almost think Obama said, "hey, trash those American flags, thay're garbage."

This goes beyond trying to put words into someone's mouth. You're trying to suggest someone thinks a certain way.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
what did you expect from obma's cultist's?

in the word's of the immortal rev.wright

GOD DAM_ AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

The chickens are coming home to roost!!

keep supporting him you cultist's.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Regardless if he did or not as the age old saying goes perception is reality. If it was perceived that it was being thrown away then the damage is already done. More often then not its not what or how you do something but how others perceive your actions.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Although I feel as though this is easily just a mistake, I have to ask some basic questions;

Why were these flags ever in garbage bags? 24 bags doesn't sound like one or two people to me...

Are some posters correct in their stance that these were nothing but props? I mean, they could have gone to many a veteran cemetery, right?

Is this nasty on the republican side's part? Hell yes!

Is it any nastier than insinuating that Gov. Palin is unfit to be VP because she is a mother? Not at all.

What we can confirm, is that Sen. Obama has used his campaign for President as a resume point. He has implied that he runs his ship like Gov. Palin did her city and state, but better, and with more results.

Flags ending up as props and thrown away (or even stored in a plastic bag on a loading dock) is a pretty loose ship, and I think it does underscore two points about the Democratic campaign. One, there is a lack of control and no chain of responsibility. Two, there is a blatant disregard for the sanctity of our American Symbols, as shown by Sen. Obama's "seal" and "plane redux", and now this.

Should this be exposed? Yes.

Should it be more than a 5 minute issue? No.

There is enough to say about the issues to keep the dems out of power forever. But I have been avoiding this site for two more months for a reason, and this is one of those right here.

Can't we just get back to the issues? Oh, thats right, most of us here can't handle that.

JasonJNelson

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Unbelievable, so yanks if I kill your mother, steal your property and rape your children, but I do it waving one of your flags, I am a hero, if I throw your flag away but try to help you out and keep you safe I am a she-devil...glad to see your brains still work! Why would a piece of cloth mean anything to you? The Repubs cheated you, your children and your grand children out of your wealth and security, they lied for eight years on the trot treating you like mental retards but they save 12000 pieces of cloth and they are your hero's again...and you fall for it? Is that all I have to do to become president of the US? If I open a US flag factory do I become divine or something? How does it work? It might be a waste but it probably was a decision taken by some contractor or something, I can not believe this stuff fires you up...Fox News made this the News of the day? Only a retard would even acknowledge this piece of "News". Whats better to throw away flags or the country itself?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have a great idea.

Why dont they take those 12K flags and place one on the grave of every American soldier who has died as a result of the neo con blood for oil program.

That should put them to good use.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

I have a great idea.

Why dont they take those 12K flags and place one on the grave of every American soldier who has died as a result of the neo con blood for oil program.

That should put them to good use.

Cheap shot. Iraqi war deaths are in the 4K range. What other casualties were you thinking of?

Oh and if Obama gets POTUS are we going to count the lives lost when he sends the troops that he was SUPPOSED to bring home to Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's a shame people don't care about the real things politicians do to this country and instead focus on the flag.

It's just a flag. The flag didn't have a thing to do with the US becoming the country it is. It was the people who stood up for freedom and what is right.

Sorry, but there is nothing patriotic about the flag, holding the flag, or defending the flag. The only thing that is patriotic is holding and carrying on the principles this country was founded on.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

What do you mean it is just a flag? Are you implying that it is simply a piece of cloth? It is a symbol of this country that I love and most Americans love. It should be treated with the upmost respect. If they wanted to properly dispose they should have taken it to a legion or the boy/cub scouts. At many of my son's cub scout trips they properly dispose of flags by burning them. A kind of cool ceremony if you ever get the chance to see.

I know that most Democrats love this country. The problem is that your Presidential nominee really does not give off that impression. And by caring more about his Greek columns than the flags is just wrong. Obama will not win in November.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I lost my will for debating this once I saw the article was from FOX "NEWS" .

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yorktown, New Orleans, the Alamo, Fort Sumter, Shilo,Gettysburg, these are the idea's that brave and patriotic men fought and died for. They all followed a flag that they knew was worth their lives. That flag is America.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Jamie83, is that you?

I agree with...everything you said.

Okay so now I know we ARE going to die next Wednesday.
They have fired up the doomsday machine and time and space are unraveling as we speak.

Must be.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I really hope that this isn't true, but wouldn't doubt it if it is.

That is so incredibly wasteful ... and throwing away American flags? That is downright disrespectful!!

Wait a minute ... is simply throwing flags away proper protical? I thought there were very specific ways of getting rid of flags ... does that include taking them to the dump?

Jemison

yes there is a proper way to dispose of a flag, and Ironicly it is to burn it however before burning a U.S flag properly you cut the stars from the stripes then burn them!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
This is ridiculous if true or not. Who would throw away unused flags? Surely someone would have realized the ebay potential of flags used at the DNC where Obama made his historic speech. Granted they were (allegedly) not used but they WERE there. Easy $10 a piece. This is why I am not buying the story for now.

ka-ching!

Edit: Is it really 12,000? That is mind boggling. How can this be????

I demand sources.

[edit on 9/6/08 by stikkinikki]

exactly I am not sure if they still do so but I have a white house flag from the reagan Administration, at the time they would only fly the flag for one day the sell them! My grandfather a WWII vet ordered it for me! They may still tdo this i am just not aware if they do or not@

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Kesosip]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Business. From a pure business perspective, they would lose money hiring someone to do something with them other than throw them away.

If reps from the DNC tried to donate them to the Republicans, they would no doubt say "No, they have been tinged by the hands of a liberal, and will not be waved at our convention."

If Invesco tried to donate them, I ask, who the hell is going to want 12,000 tiny American flags? What are they going to do with them, keep them stored in a box forever?

I'm as American as the next person, but when I go to a Fourth of July event and get an American flag, I usually leave it there for the next person to pick up or be thrown away. I have one at my house, and all I need is one. I don't need more than one to show my patriotism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join