It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of UFOs and aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I had my second UFO sighting a week ago tonight and it has been on my mind since then. I was on a Lake in Maine and stepped away from the campfire with a friend to watch the stars from the shoreline. We were watching two flashing lights come together and interact and then they seperated and went back throught the way the way they came but the one on the right started climbing up from the horizon and was getting brighter as it went over the woods and behind the tree canopy where we where camping. The light was still apparently quite high in the sky.

I went back to my tent to get my binoculars and camera and came back to the shoreline with in a few minutes. I looked through the binoculars and focused on a flashing star near the horizon. The lights flashing were seperate and different colored and turning slowly. I don't think that was a star. Anyway I got kind of freaked out and had to leave the scene. In my tent it was hell trying to sleep that night worrying if some weird looking aliens were going to come get me out of my tent.

So I have been kind of freaked out all week. I'm not proud about it but that was how I felt at the moment. This hasn't been helped by my watching the live map at MUFON and reading the descriptions of the sightings. They have patterns and you can see the path the ufo took by the trail of eyewitness reports. Unless there is an elaborate hoax being perpetrated the UFOs are here and they are real.

Then this morning I remembered all the artwork of the past that includes objects similar to the UFO reports of today. In my mind this tells me that we have been visited by these objects for a long time and except for the abductions stories that seem to be declining they tend to just fly by and cause us no harm. I mean if they were going to start killing us off they would have done so already. This observation gives me comfort.

Has anyone else seen a UFO and become frightened?

[edit on 9/6/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Whilst in wild camping in Scotland I had a rather stomach churning experience. The night skies in the Highlands of Scotland are like nothing else I've see, I'm sure the skies in the US are just as impressive if not more so, but here in the UK, Scotland is probably the best for star gazing.

A bright light appeared in the sky and moved across growing in brightness as it went from about 40 to 75 degrees, but then dwindled into a tiny blip, and turned out to be a satellite. I don't know the cause of the initial brightness I would have thought it was the angle of view. When it was bright and growing I initially had goosebumps then the stories and movies entered my mind. My stomach developed butterflies and then subsided as the light did.

I think our fears are a result of Hollywood and our interest in the subject. Add the fact that you are apparently powerless against these beings and there's your cause.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Come to think of it, many of the aliens are not very muscular so maybe I could take them in hand to clammy hand combat. What we saw was not a satellite but i do know what you mean about the initial stomach rush when you see something that at first glance does not belong. It is a similar feeling to wht happens after an earthquake. You think you feel tremors all the time. Maybe you learn to pick up on the subtle shaking that is always going on. I don't know.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have seen a U.F.O but it was a calming/loving feeling that acually baffled me. I was always fearful and scared of the thought of aliens, and when i saw one there was no fear. I strongly believe there is nothing to fear but fear from ourselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think there are UFO's but I don't think they would need lights on them. If they wanted us to see them, they would simply land in NYC and say, "We're here!" If they didn't want us to seem them, they damn sure wouldn't use lights on their ships. If any one has seen unusual lights doing unthinkable maneuvers, they've seen a military/government made ultra top secret aircraft. The UFO's are there, but they don't have friggin lights.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When I was younger, after one encounter in particular, they unnerved me a bit. However, I have seen several and now at the age of 45 feel no fear of them at all.

As a matter of fact, one recently came right up to my flat. My neighbour and her son saw it, and it unnerved them a bit. I had taken my tablets earlier that night, due to the amount of pain and discomfort I was in.

I have asked her to ring me when it comes back again. Then again, hopefully, I will be aware of them like usual. My medication slows down my brainwaves and puts me into a deep sleep. I have Spastic Paraplegia.

However, I have woken up with bruises inside my thighs and my husband had a small hand print with longer fingers on his arm. Still it didn't bother me, as they brought us back safe and well. My husband and I had heard the humming noise over our flat. It was before our neighbour moved in upstairs. She is gone for the weekend, and I would imagine that if they are going to pay another visit, it could be tonight.

I don't fear them, as they were created by the same Lord, who created us. They are just much more advanced some technologically and some spiritually and some both. If they meant any real threat to the human race, they could have wiped us out millenia ago. We wouldn't be existing now, as our ancestors were well aware of their prescence, so much so, that some worshipped them, as gods.

I accept that there are both benevolent and malevolent races in the universe, as there are here on Earth, (in our case, I mean people-we are one race-the human race)

top topics

join