It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher Mocks Palin's Down Syndrome Child

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Liberal hero Bill Maher exposes himself for what he really is -a low-life loser who thinks it's funny making jokes about babies with Down syndrome. And what's telling is he thinks his market is cool with this. What's that tell you about what HE thinks about the people who watch him?

Hypothetical conversation between Maher and his writers: "Hey... got any more Trig Palin jokes!? The audience really loves those Down syndrome jokes!"

In the monologue of his most recent HBO show, Maher noted that Palin has five children including an infant that has Down syndrome. She had it when she was 43 years old. And it looks a lot like John Edwards.

Source

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Liberal hero Bill Maher exposes himself for what he really is -a low-life loser who thinks it's funny making jokes about babies with Down syndrome. And what's telling is he thinks his market is cool with this. What's that tell you about what HE thinks about the people who watch him?

In the monologue of his most recent HBO show, Maher noted that Palin has five children including an infant that has Down syndrome. She had it when she was 43 years old. And it looks a lot like John Edwards.

Um...I read that to be a shot at Edwards. Please, don't be so shrill in your partisan politics, it's all getting a little weird.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
That joke didn't have anything to do with Trig's disability and I think it's unfair to suggest otherwise.

I think the far left has been outrageous in their treatment of Palin and her family but I do not think that this is representative of their 'below the belt' comments.

Just my two cents.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

outrageous? she put herself out in the limelight knowing full well that she would be scrutinized, so she should have known what she was getting into. she was, and remains, nothing more than a john mccain gimmick to get as many votes as possible.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't know. First of all, the joke's not even funny. Secondly, he should have left the child out of it completely. Maher has his moments, this definitely wasn't one of them.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What a low life scumbag,I never had a high opinion of him before,he is the lowest form of life,maybe because he is a little shrimp more his style to pick on women and disabled people

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I've always sort of disliked him. I took the joke as being disrespectful to the child. I think it's best to leave mentally retarded infants out of comedy. Make all the Palin jokes you want but leave her kids out of it.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ehh…let him say what he wants, it's not like a ton of people listen to him anyway. It's the same reason liberal talk radio and straight liberal TV never works.

The public just doesn't want to listen to that crap.

Unless of course we get the Censorship (fairness) doctrine. Then we'll get to listen to liberals like this everywhere!

:bash:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sounds like it was more of a quip on Edwards rather than the child. However, I agree that it is a boundary line that shouldn't even be crossed.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
He's mocking the kid? Come on. If anything he's sarcastically mocking the audience.

Another case of flipping on the TV and asking one's self; "What can I be offended by today?"

new topics

top topics

join