It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to dump Biden add Hillary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This odd to me, I hadn't heard of this. I have however heard that Palin is going to withdrawl just days before the election claiming the attacks against her are too much and that it just isn't worth it. Kind of interesting to hear the same thing on the other side now. I believe both are just a bunch of malarkey.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't know about this source, but they talk of Biden having medical issues that may require him to step down.

Belfast Telegraph

Several US websites are today claiming vice-presidential candidate Joe Biden is set drop out of the US election to be replaced by Hillary Clinton on the Democratic presidential ticket.

Biden, running as Barack Obama's number two, is said to be ready to drop out due to health reasons.

The 61-year-old had surgery ten ago years for two brain aneurysms and could leave the race after the vice presidential debates take place on 2 October, leaving the position open for Mrs Clinton to step up.

I don't have an opinion on whether or not this is reliable or true, but I don't think it would hurt Obama. I think it might help him at this point.

I just hope Biden is OK.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've been telling everyone at work if McCain really wanted to stir the pot with the whole "change" slogan he should have asked Hillary to be his VP running mate. I had to look it up to see if this can be done and as it turned out it can.

Chances are it would have drowned the whole Obama campaign if she accepted and the only thing on the news would be about the possible pres. and VP battling tooth and nail over policy.

Then when this whole economic issue started to take shape they could have said, "You see only by the democrats and republicans working together as a team can we overcome this economic disaster, this is a prime example of why washington should work as a team and not against each other."

Of course then this board would be flooded with "it's a set up to start a one party system just another step to one world govt!" lol

I still think that would have been a very interesting if not a bold thing to try. Not like Hillary would have accepted but who knows she might have thought it was one step closer to a shoe in for president.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Bill Clinton has been 'chatting up' John McCain in recent days.

He even got on that vile show 'The View' and said that he wouldn't trash McCain - and that McCain was a good man who had given more of himself for this country then anyone could imagine - and that without MCCain's help He (Bill Clinton) would never have been able to normalize relations with Vietnam.

That shut up the whackadoos at 'The View'.

Anyways - Considering how Bill Clinton has been 'glowing' over McCain lately, I doubt Hillary would accept the #2 spot behind Obama. I really doubt it.

Obama should have picked her to begin with.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So if Bill Clinton has been fawning over McCain, which he definitely has, why would Obama drop Biden for Hillary?

This is most likely a power-play by the Clinton's and I don't think it's gonna work. The Clinton's don't care about one party or the other, they only care about the Clinton's. The power structure they've created is second only to the Bushes in political circles. They will protect it at all costs and stab anybody in the back that they have to.

Edit to add: BTW, I think this whole rumor was started and made viral by the Clinton camp.

Peace

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Bill Clinton has been 'chatting up' John McCain in recent days.

He even got on that vile show 'The View' and said that he wouldn't trash McCain - and that McCain was a good man who had given more of himself for this country then anyone could imagine - and that without MCCain's help He (Bill Clinton) would never have been able to normalize relations with Vietnam.

That shut up the whackadoos at 'The View'.

Anyways - Considering how Bill Clinton has been 'glowing' over McCain lately, I doubt Hillary would accept the #2 spot behind Obama. I really doubt it.

Obama should have picked her to begin with.

Flyers, you're assuming that Hilary would have accepted the VP spot. She doesn't want to be second in command, she wants POTUS. The best way for that to happen is for her to sit back and watch Obama lose this election and run again in 2012 on the "Look what the last 4 years have gotten us" ticket - which will be fairly easy IMO because the next 4 years aren't going to be a cakewalk for anyone, no matter who is elected.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
All right, several days left. I want more members to opine on this matter.

It's not impossible. I'm aware that it doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever, especially since Obama is ahead on the polls. But if there's no more opposition against Hillary being VP, I think she should be VP and I'm sure she will accept the proposition.

While there's still time.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Obama can't afford to be relegated to "first man" under Hillary.
She has too strong a personality to be 2nd fiddle, and would overshadow him, both in experience and sheer tenacity and vindictiveness.

History shows that those opposing the Clinton's have a bad habit of "disappearing".

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
So if Bill Clinton has been fawning over McCain, which he definitely has, why would Obama drop Biden for Hillary?

He won't. I'm saying that he should have picked her to begin with.

Originally posted by sos37
Flyers, you're assuming that Hilary would have accepted the VP spot.

How can I be assuming that Hillary would have accepted when I just said that she wouldn't want to be #2 behind Obama?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join