It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to dump Biden add Hillary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I heard Limbaugh say that he expects Biden to bow out using some "family emergency" excuse to add Hillary Clinton in an effort to nuetralize the Sara palin effect. Just wondered what everyone thought. I still think Hillary would have been a better choice.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
I heard Limbaugh say that he expects Biden to bow out using some "family emergency" excuse to add Hillary Clinton

I don't listen to RUSH. I doubt this will happen.
However, I DO think it would be a smart thing for the dems if it did.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I heard Limbaugh say that he expects Biden to bow out using some "family emergency" excuse to add Hillary Clinton in an effort to nuetralize the Sara palin effect. Just wondered what everyone thought. I still think Hillary would have been a better choice.

If Rush said it, he read it here first...see link...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Very doubtful... if PALIN is a pitbull - BIDEN is a 1890's era bare knuckles pugilist...

I know the DEMS are worried...

but ALL but one of tens of computer projections
put the DEMs in a strong position.

I also understand that the VP picks have become a "my pecker is bigger than yours" contest.

However in everyones excitement people have forgotten how knowledgeable
BIDEN really is.

Unfortunately if PALIN is thrown a curve ball hard question in the debates she will be like a log in the sea.

BIDEN has to only worry about perceptions and not screaming out a racial slur.

PALIN has barley entered through the door way of the hall of fire... SHE is gonna
be smashed as the others have...

RUSH was probably dosed up on an opiate pineapple smoothy.

No way!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

It won't happen. The Dems aren't going to pull a Torricelli here. If Obama were to dump Biden, it would call into question his judgement and destroy his credibility. It would probably look even worse if he went to Hillary after doing so.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It would be a smart move on Obama's part. If that happens, I hope Hillary grabs him by his gonads and squeezes VERY VERY HARD while demanding that he BEG. He treated her badly, he made a HUGE mistake by turning off half of his OWN party by snubbing her.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Not sure how smart it would be. The move would smack of desperation, it would highlight the fact that Obama is so fearful of Palin that he needs to go to extreme measures to counteract her. I don't think he is stupid enough to do that.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Very doubtful... if PALIN is a pitbull - BIDEN is a 1890's era bare knuckles pugilist...

I know the DEMS are worried...

but ALL but one of tens of computer projections
put the DEMs in a strong position.

This is funny.

Biden got a whopping 1% of the vote in Iowa before he had to drop out of the race. Not exactly an appealing candidate based on that fact alone.

Palin has an 80% popularity rating in Alaska, and went from being unknown to being THEY superstar personality of this election. Barack who??

The Dems are worried because Obama screwed up by not picking Hillary. If he picks Hillary they win Ohio and Pennsylvania easily, giving them the GE. Now they are trying to get white middle class votes with a black man who insulted them on the top of the ticket, and a life-long, out-of-touch Washington bureaucrat on the bottom of the ticket.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well, I am thinking about why he didn't pick Clinton in the first place. Seems to me that he didn't pick her because as a Presidential Candidate, you don't want someone running with you that can potentially outshine you in any given moment.

As much as they seem to be on the same page right now, it would not be so. These candidates have different views on a host of subjects and Clinton would be able to push her influence over the Presidents if she so chose.

This is another area where McCain made a huge mistake. He has let his VP become more popular than himself. If anyone drops out, I could see Palin doing so. It won't happen, mind you, but she would be the one before Biden any day of the week.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

It won't happen. The Dems aren't going to pull a Torricelli here. If Obama were to dump Biden, it would call into question his judgement and destroy his credibility. It would probably look even worse if he went to Hillary after doing so.

True, but picking Biden in the first place called into question his judgment. He knew on demographics alone Hillary would have delivered Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Now he's in for the fight of his life in these states.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

I agree. That would be like when Ross Perot was running for President in 1992. He was ahead in the polls and all of a sudden decieded to pull out in July. A month later he wanted back in, but America then saw him as inconsistent, and it blew all his chances.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
This is another area where McCain made a huge mistake. He has let his VP become more popular than himself.

How on earth can you see that as a mistake? I would think McCain winning the presidency would be more important to him than worrying if people "like her better than me".

It was a stroke of genius.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

You would be correct. Palin's popularity will be a tremendous asset to McCain, not a detriment. It would only be a problem if the public comes to believe that the VP candidate is more qualified to be president than the presidential candidate actually is.

That's not the case here. I initially thought that Biden might pose that problem for Obama, but to this point, he has been the forgotten man in this election, a fact that probably bodes well for his running mate.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am just giving my views as to why I think Obama didn't pick Hilary.

It is for this same reason that I think that Palin was a mistake for McCain. Well, actually, that is just one mistake he made, imo.

The answer to your question was in my last post.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As for who he picked - I agree he needed someone with experience but also someone who would help make in roads into certain battle ground states. I live in Indiana..Most of us thought he would pick Evan Bayh. Obama recently stated that Indiana is up for grabs. There are other states maybe that are more strategic. Don't think Biden tips any scales as far as battleground states.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I which would further add doubt to his leadership abilitysthink if he did do that would hurt his credibility,show a sense of indecision

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

yep he blew it by not putting Hillary on his ticket. He has himself to blame when McCain/Palin win the White House. So much promise, so much hope had he not feared a Obama/Clinton ticket. It's sad. So Sad. To Bad he was so self centered and full of fear.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hillary blew her chances of winning the nomination when she decided to run such a crappy campaign despite her lead in money, popularity and support from the beginning. Now thats shes lost we have disgruntled Hill voters putting down obama in whatever oppotunity they can get, just because their sour over Hillarys prospects.

Now, this whole "Obama about to dump Biden" thing is just mere wishful thinking on the side of Hill voters which is being projected onto the forums here, and its not going to happen. You know I find it amazing how immature and uncompromising Hill voters are, if this had been Hillarys nomination Obama supporters would be right behind her, I would have been right behind her. Why would that be? Because Obama supporters are the only ones willing to unite the party, we're more rational and we stick to true party values, Hill voters however have a history of being childish and susceptible to giving into rightwing propaganda come election time. They did it in 1988 when they decided to go for Bush senior, they did it in 2004 (and this is why kerry lost Ohio, missouri) and now their doing it again.. the so-called Reagan-Hill democrats.

She aint ganna be in the whitehouse for a long time.. uh 2016? dont bet anything over it, she'd be retired by then. So if you want vote for McSame well go ahead, it only shows that there was never any true support for Hillary on her policies.

uh get over it.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

The irony is that longtime friend and advisor to the Clintons, James Carville, predicted correctly Obama will select Biden as VP. The problem is not that Biden brings very little to the electoral table(Delaware's 3 votes), but he's making gaffes on almost a daily basis. Here's the latest one:

citizen-times.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join