It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Hexidecimal
1. Wash your face. This doesn't mean to the point where you look like a germaphobe. 3 times a day should be fine. Maybe more, if you are doing anything that will get you sweaty. Try and wash with a nice soft soap, and warm water.
2. Baby powder. Now you might look silly putting baby powder on your face, but it helps reduce the oils on your skin, and in your pores. Try to avoid anything with perfumes and fragrances in them.
3. Drink water. Most people think it's a myth that drinking a lot of water will get rid of, or prevent acne. 8 Glasses a day, (Or however much you might like to drink), will help. The water will help flush out any unwanted waste from your body, so it doesn't have to store it. It also helps rehydrate dead skin cells which can clog pores.
4. Wash your pillow, or pillow covers. Dead skin and dirt can build up pretty quickly on pillows, and laying on that dirt for 8 hours or more isn't health for your skin. Try and wash your pillow cases to keep them as dirt free as possible.
5. Sun, sun, and more sun. Getting outside and getting fresh air can help with keeping your skin clear. Vitamin D is essential for healthy skin, and a nice walk outside can reduce stress.
6. Stay away from the caffiene, and the junk food. Caffiene can increase hormone production, which will in turn, produce more acne. Eating lots of sugary snacks will produce insulin, which will in turn produce a greasy substance on your skin, which can promote bacteria growth.
And finally, Try and stay away from from over the counter antibiotics. They can often do more harm than good. They have potential to make your body dependent on them, and there is a chance they could irritate the skin. If your acne is bad enough that you think you need antibiotics, the consult a doctor.
[edit on (9/6/0808 by Hexidecimal]