It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater cave found with skeletons in them.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
National Geographic link

This is quite interesting. I believe that Atlantis was in the Caribbean Sea and for divers to find skeletons that old in a cave underwater around that area is cool to me.

I just had to share... enjoy the article I did

Star

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Very interesting find and read Stari. There will be much to be learned from these finds. Prehistoric CSI style. By the way...I love the avatar.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Finds like these still amaze me, few thousand years ago those caves were above water. Personally, I'm a bit surprised the remains have lasted so long, I imagine it's because of them being in a cave system instead of open ocean, but i thought bones didn't last long in salt water.
Hope the dates are conclusive, pushes human arrival in America further back, and will force someone to make new discoveries tomake sense of it all.
There was a cave system, I forgot where, that was submerged, and they found beautfully preserved cave paintings inside, not sure about remains though. Forgot the country, but the hands prints painted on the walls always struck me.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Interesting find!
little by little the paradigm is shifting.
Old lies held as truths will no longer be sustained.

Evidence has been found that would crumble the very foundations of human history, in dark corners in museums secrets lie, waiting for the order from above...

This ties perfectly with the underwater city found near Tulum, near Cuba a few months ago...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Um... at the point in time these folks were alive, the water levels were much lower, something well remarked on in the article. cities that are built by the coast tend to get inundated over time as well.
The only thing really changing here would be how humans got to the Americas, which means time to start digging again.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
that's right, you don't think that is important?
that it gives a lesson of humility to today's society?

This world has changed and its changing again, it can happen, life comes and goes, we as humans have been here instants in eternity, dinosaurs ruled the earth for MILLIONS, not thousands of years as we have.

And they all disappeared, cultures and settlements were wiped out, never to be heard again but in legends of old.

We have many signs pointing out to something changing in our world and in our minds, those bones prove that the humans that do not adapt when nature calls, Inevitably die.

that for me is worth noting!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

I think you are kinda reaching here, and if not I apologize.
We don't know how those folks died, and the area wasn't suddenly inundated, it happened over time. Their descendants did pretty well until the Europeans came around.
Now sure, civilizations have gone an went without names to them now. Humbling, sure. But I don't get what you are talking about paradigms shifting. Sure, for some guys this is hotly debated, others just take it and see it means more things to study.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
hey, no disrespect or bad blood intended!

All I'm saying is that some of these findings are much more important that what we have been led to believe...

I read this book and while not without flaws , has a chapter on archeological disinfo top scientists and trendsetters being either shot down, or simply discredited.

There are some amazing implications of humans being a few more years older than previously thought, even suggestion the coexistence of humans and other exotic beasts that really gets the mind going.

That and rewriting whole sections of libraries, if the building blocks of culture where a sustained myth, then there would need to be a change to adapt to the new realization of "reality", the paradigm shifts need not be massive, changes of paradigms have been seen in the past, if not, the mythologies would not exist, when they were uphold they held the paradigm together, held as truth, our paradigm is based on scientific facts, some of those facts could be based on evidence yet to be found, or suppressed, anything can happen!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Awesome find , Thanks for linking this article.

I can't wait to see developments on it.

"This story must be suppressed, its un economical to re print the history books"

lol maybe they come back with a revision on the carbon dating....

Anyways I hope they find some tools, a spear head, bone necklace, pottery....stargate, plasma shield.....anti grav skateboard...

I wonder what Graham Hancocks take on this will be....his stuff is pretty interesting and compelling,,,

peace all my Atlantis decendents ....i kid.....or do i

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
another proof of a big disaster about 13.000 years ago..human hide in a cave for shelter and drouwnd...
why do we here so little over that disaster.........

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Wow great find! Why isn't this on SD yet?

Anyways, i love it when they find something that goes against modern accepted theory.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well two things

The dating if it holds up is at the earlier end of the known data. The finds are new but not that unusual. The skull find is interesting but human skulls comes in "ranges" this one parameters are closer to modern south asian skulls than other types. That doesn't mean the person is from south asia - it means their ancestors were from the same group of people who later went to south asia.

Kinda like Kennewick man who skull parameters put him in a number of fun places.

As you go farther back in time, modern parameters of skulls types lose their geographic validity due to the movement of people over the centuries.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
another proof of a big disaster about 13.000 years ago..human hide in a cave for shelter and drouwnd...
why do we here so little over that disaster.........

We heard 2 whole dialogues on the subject. It's called Critias and Timeous. Some people do not wish to believe because there is no evidence pointing to this culture.

I say the evidence is underwater and hopefully now divers will start finding what they can.

Star

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Excellent article and good find. I am not going to jump on the "Man from Atlantis" argument, but it does give some ammo to the pre-Clovis argument.
Thank you for posting, starred and flagged.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Great article!
IMO Atlantis was the last civilization, so we could find artifacts anywhere. Thans for the info!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Its it just me or does that skull seem overly large? I wonder if the powers that be would release photos of gaints skulls, no wait ..they would not, so I guess they have been "cleared" for public viewing....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The time period is close enough to other estimates of the Phaeton disaster.
It is not that the water level rose, it is that the land sunk.

When Earth Nearly Died

Yes, the skull is large and very bulged behind the ears.
There are many strange things that TPTB are keeping from us.
They seem to have some fear about "rocking the boat". I'm not sure why that should be. So what if we know that humans didn't always look like we do. Much of this info is available if you know where to look.

Strange looking people.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Thanks for this info Stari,

I've believed for a long, long time that the Mayan line was an awful lot older than the archaeologists and history boffs would have us believe.

I know that the Mayans of Chichen Itza used to sacrifice young women, by throwing them into an 'Oval Well' (Cenote), and any who had not drowned by noon were hauled out.

The interesting part is that those who did survive all reported the same thing ... that they had seen Gods at the bottom of the Cenote who had taken time to answer the questions they asked before hitting them over the head (with a large piece of wood if I remember correctly), before sending them back to the surface.

Maybe the Mayans (or there forebearers), had been practising this rite for many thousands of years and the skeletons recently discovered were of the people who didn't survive to tell the story ?

Woody

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Howdy Reevster

I wonder if the powers that be would release photos of gaints skulls, no wait ..they would not, so I guess they have been "cleared" for public viewing....

Who would these people be?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Ewww! How interesting. Springer and I, on our last vacation to Mexico about 6 years ago, took the cenote swim-tour at Tulum and believe me, there are places in those cenote FAR from where the public can see. There were portions of the swim that were eerily "bottomless" in feel. You could see huge fish a long distance below you swimming in the blackness. Those cenotes near Tulum are absolutely HUGE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join