It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really miss John Lear

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
I was under the impression that he was banned, if not temporarily, and this is why he logged on at one point under a new account.

Some clarification is needed.

There is a difference between a post ban and a permaban (or site ban).

He was post-banned while the drama event was unfolding.

This is a temporary thing that can be imposed by any mod or member of the staff and can even automatically kick into gear if a member accumulates five warnings within 72 hours.

This type of ban is reserved for when a member gets into trouble and the staff is attempting to work things out. The member can still log into their account and use the U2U system to correspond with staff, change their profile etc (hence the term "post ban").

A perma ban (or site ban) can only be imposed by a Super or Admin and requires a decision arrived at after discussion amongst staff members. This results in a permanent disabling of a profile page, denies access to the account and denies access to the U2U system.

John Lear is using the fact that he was post banned to portray himself as the victim of a grave injustice and insinuating that he is permanently banned from ATS.

He has never been perma or site banned and his current status remains as member of ATS.

HE CAN LOG INTO HIS ACCOUNT anytime he wishes.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I also miss him a lot.

He is a friend and someone I deeply admire.

This is a private business site and the owners are entitled to do what they see fit, so the discussion is rather dull.

Of course I would like him to be back, but I think that there are two problems.

First of all the owners of the site seem to be deeply "offended" for what John has said.

Second, I don`t think John wants to be back.

But of course I could be mistaken.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I see, thanks Gools.
I get it now.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow what a sunday! Who's right and who's wrong. Thanks Mods for good info. Thanks for the utube link to the 4 hours of John Lear.Great entertainment. Thats what this site is too a type of entertainment.
What do I know about all of this nothing. I do know I shook his hand back in 1992. Ask him to his face "would you fly in one, and have you" The smile the chill he said Sure would love to fly one! If I could do any of the things he has done or said has happened, well just one would make my life.
Dulce, area 51, S4. All great reading and fun what if stuff. Are we all including me a little too serious, life and death type to enjoy and have fun with all of this?...bil

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
meerrr

[edit on 8-9-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have only had a few encounters with John Lear and that was in the Aviation and Weaponry Forums where I tend to linger.

I've researched his Piloting history and as a student pilot I can say that his Log Book is nothing short of astronomically amazing.

With that said, I'd also like to say that my experience with John Lear has been droll at best. I found it hard to take him serious on any of his theories. I of course took any knowledge he had on flying and science seriously because it's true, he is a smart man.

He is also a very rude and simply bad man. I can come to this conclusion because of the way I've seen him respond to other members who, I guess you can say are on a "Level playing field" as him. He down talks to anyone who can show proof to the opposite of what he has to say and also (even though a large number of members fail to see it); would insult every person he debates with subliminally. It's in the language of his posts and his sarcastic nature. The man simply does not respect this site or its members, he is here to create a fan base where people will undoubtedly follow because a lot of people really are sheep.

May the man NEVER destroy the graces of ATS with his presence again. This is of course my own opinion and I post this of my own volition.

I must also admit that I'm a little rusty on his History, but I did keep up on the Post-banning scenario and all I can say regarding to that is that ATS was justified in all its actions and John Lear has done nothing else, but act as petulant child. And yet ATS is still willing to open its arms and welcome him at any time, sometimes it doesn't pay to be as forgiving, but that's why we all love ATS so much, is its accepting nature.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
eh, he was just sharing what HE believed. it's not a crime to believe or theorize something different than say, the guy next door? we are still allowed to have minds with independent thought, yes? i think he came up with some of his theories and ideas just to prove that you can believe whatever you want. it may get you into trouble with people who want you to believe what they do, but your brain is your own, unless i missed a memo somewhere along the line?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well that's all fair and done with, but what John Lear did was, TELL people what he believed and if you asked any questions to the contrary of what he believed, then he would slander and put you down.

Kinda like what some people on ATS do when they can't provide proof for something, they call the other person a Cointelpro agent and say they're working for the CIA and trying to suppress opinions.

But that's just the way I see it.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

He is also a very rude and simply bad man.

Grow up.

[edit on 2008/9/7 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I need to grow up for my opinion now.

Thank you, I acknowledge you're very "grown up" response. I feel so much more enlightened in your ways.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Your opinion is shallow and one dimensional. He is a "bad man" because he does not comform to your views.

Sometimes, I think we're back in kindegarten here.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
reply to post by SteveR

Shattered OUT...

Why you keep saying that?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
if you'd like to have this thread remain open, please...

Stay on Topic and no Bickering.

Thank You.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

yeah, i was there. i saw it from beginning to end.
he put up some pretty interesting theories with evidence AND
some theories people had a really hard time believing and no evidence.
could be this is a necessary part of releasing sensitive info. you mix it
with enough way out there, that people can pick and choose, chalk it up
to crazy if they want, or weed threw it for relevance.

even so, all he
did was present his ideas and theories, word of mouth testimony from
various famous and infamous people, scientists he knows and so on.
whether any of it is actually true, is up to the reader.

john's just like
the rest of us -- a guy who is trying to figure it all out. difference is, he
knows alot of well placed people and some of them tell him these things. if he likes the person and trusts them, he passes it on. it's often subjective and that may be why it bothers some people.

he started getting hit constantly and the insults were pretty bad. he would patiently explain his position, provided photos, testimonial evidence and corroborating government documents, and they would get even more insulting. eventually, he got a bit jaded...no make that alot jaded. thus the snappy, sarcastic replies. it was starting to get to him. having that much negativity aimed at you is not comfortable for anyone, really.

regardless, he's not here anymore, either because he doesn't want to be or he's done his task or he knows he's really not welcome by many people here, who would immediately hound him if he did come back.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Why shouldn't I keep saying that?

You know, you're the third person to ask me why I keep saying it.

Now, I started saying it about 5 years back when I started on this site and out of old habits I continue to say it.

The last person who asked me why I kept saying it actually told me to stop saying it and called me a murderous war-monger who plays video-games all in one post.

I hope that's not where this is headed is it?

Well SteveR, that's ok. As multi-dimensional as I am, I stated my opinion and never once told you, you had to conform to them. Because you feel as if I'm somehow impeding on your opinions you felt it necessary to call me out on them.

But you're free to do as you wish.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
John Lear is an oppurtunist and a fraud. Screw that.

ATS is a place where people can talk about the crap that the MSM spews and potentially reach a conclusion that is bourne of rational conversation.

Lear is a liar and exploits the 'want to believe' aspect of many of us here. Screw him. I say,

"NOT WELCOME".

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrustMeIKnow

That's silly. John Lear exploited no-one. He told his stories and that is his right. Desperate believers whatever you want to call them exploit themselves.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TrustMeIKnow

i've considered the possibility that this john thing is a war between super secret 3 letter agencies, each with their own data set, who don't know if the other data set is actually true or not (compartmentalization). each brings to the table their own agenda, what they want the future to look like, who will be on top and who the slaves will be. mix into that, the variables of disinfo, deliberately or otherwise, the position of the reader from the outset, and the ability of the mind viewing the data, to conceive of infinite possibilities.

technically speaking, infinite possibilty is the opposite of how science presents itself. it claims there are infinite possibilities but because it can't prove it, it demands you only believe in the possibility it is currently nurturing. afterall, chaos may be creative but it's also destructive. order in thought serves a purpose and that's fine, we are all given independent brains for the purpose of using them independently and in both a creative and orderly fashion. where we tend to agree, may or may not mirror reality, as peer pressure and pack behavior can effect that.

there's alot of variables involved with any discussion of john lear. i don't think you can make blanket statements, logically or fairly, but you have every right to do so!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
(OMG).....I've said it before.....but what Pandora's Box did I just open???

Everyone can see, it's obviously not a ploy for 'points', since it is in Board Business.

But, I've seemed to have opened the proverbial 'can of worms'.

Page six, here....and I think I must re-iterate....

Say what you will about Captain John Lear....the man has EARNED a place in history!

His name attracted me to ATS in the first place....as I 'lurked' at first. Could I have come up with a better screenname? Well, certainly. I've thought up several dozen in the past year!!!

Did I make mistakes, as a 'newbie'?? Of Course!!!

Why did I join ATS? I knew that there were other pilots online....and I saw a few things promulgated by JL that I decided to disagree with, and I wanted to put my voice out there.

One paragraph up,....I made mistakes. I tended to jump in, without reading all of the rules, at first.

So, along the way some 'gentle' and sometimes 'not so gentle' suggestions have come right into my forehead.

AND, this is the beauty of how ATS should work!

SO, John Lear. I once, about a year ago, told you I'd like to meet you. A condescending response, from you, told me I had to ply you with expensive liquor and Cuban Cigars.

I AM NOT making this up!!! However, I can simply say, my offer still stands....and I'll buy a nice brandy....but, no cigars!

Possibly breaking the rules here....but don't think so, because this WAS NOT in a U2U, lo about a year ago!

Pilots know how to talk to each other, when face-to-face.

The Internet??? Too casual/anonymous.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

i wasn't suggesting that anyone here is in a secret 3 letter org. more along the lines of the people who let out info to folks who have the ability to discuss it with others. even then, this is all speculative.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join