It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really miss John Lear

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
There is no way other posters’ attacks would have caused John Lear to go silent. Discussions with fellow ATS members – no matter how caustic and heated they become – would never upset someone of John Lear’s stature.

You know what does though? We posted in the Secret Shuttle Missions a thing called "Misty" Now this "Misty" was in fact proof of what was said in that thread... the debunkers then filled FIVE PAGES with personal insults, misdirection and any other BS they could find because they know that few people read the whole thread... thus the 'gem' is buried...

This gets tiring after awhile... Near the end there were 20ish hard core debunkers that hounded him ...no STALKED him on every thread and on every post... And where were the defenders? Didn't want to get involved...but sure showed support via U2U...

I don't blame them... not in the least... It takes a strong stomach to put up with the personal attacks from these people...

EGO??? What the heck has that got to do with it? If a person has evidence that has convinced him or her that they are right... and then act accordingly how is that ego? And for all those who feel the pressing need to enter a thread to counter strike... WHY? You know what he is about... why are you even going in to the room?

I KNOW why... because THEIR EGO is so huge they feel they must protect the innocent at all costs lest they become LEARITES a term they use for ANYONE who might agree with anything John says

People say he never backs anything up... this is total BS... but if your not listening to the info through blind hatred you won't even look

I bet every one of those skeptics is drawn here BECAUSE deep down they KNOW he is right... and it upsets them

If ATS wants him back, the owners could write him a personal request to return.

Seems they don't want him back... Springer made that clear at RU...(Linked to in my earlier post)

And John is not silent

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by LoneGunMan

OMGosh, what a can o' worms I have done opened!

That is the understatement of the year

The entire soap opera was laid out for anyone to see if they just learn to use a search engine. There was nothing left to the imagination and yes, he did lie for whatever reason.
I really enjoyed his threads even though it was the most outlandish stuff I've seen short of Reptilians and he admitted himself he had no proof of anything he said.

This thread is a clear lesson why people should search for and read the information already here instead of expecting everyone else to do it for them.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555 he did lie for whatever reason.

Ummmm you DID read my link to the U2U letters from SO?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And where were the defenders? Didn't want to get involved...but sure showed support via U2U...

I know I made more than one post defending him. I'm sure they got lost in the raving hordes of debunking screamers, however. I miss him as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
In my signature I have words to the effect that I didn't find the smokin gun, but I have the bullet in the brain.... *and John Lear was the one who pulled the trigger...*

I bet all truth seekers (and skepics) are sourly missing Mr. Lear.

Come back John! We need your Inspiration on this forum!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well obviously I would have to take your word that the man in the picture is in fact who you say he is, being that I have no way to confirm or deny it. I am not doubting you in any case. If you know him personally, let Sleeper know that we all enjoyed his work.

What always troubled me was the fact that most of John Lears early posts were very believable and very credible, I followed most of his ideas with great enthusiasm and I held his views in high regard.

Then, for whatever reason, it seemed that he just started coming out with the most outlandish stories and theories, almost as if he was discrediting himself on purpose. Maybe he had posted something that was very important and very top secret that pissed off the wrong people, and much of the far out stuff was a way to cover it so to speak. To purposefully make outlandish claims for the purpose of discrediting ones own previous statements?

I dont know, just my own personal theory. Im sure I am probably wrong.

When he came out stating that the planes used in the 9/11 attacks were elaborately designed holograms he lost a lot of credibility in my mind. Then the whole soul catcher on the moon thing etc etc...well...you get the point.

A very strange can of worms indeed

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

To Zorgon & others:

John Lear & Sleeper are happily posting on another site.

I'm very happy to have found them.

ATS now becomes a site that I will frequent when I'm up to date on posts at the other site. (I can't say what site it is due to T&C here at ATS.)

There seems to be quite a few ATS members over there now.

-EyesII

[Edit to Add:]

It seems that Google has not crawled that site yet. i'm not sure how I found it. I think Sleeper's user profile helped me a bit.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by EyesII]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Zorgon had pointed out where to find where John, Sleeper, and others post. I go there to read. I have an account. Don't post much (don't post much here, either...at least not lately).

But what Zorgon says is true. The debunkers that harassed John seem to have left, for the most part. Buddhasystem shows up VERY occassionally (he left just when i was getting him to participate in a gravity research thread). But folks like Access Denied are long gone (AD was actually banned).

It amazes me how many people come here claiming to what to know "the truth". Yet when the truth is shocking and unbelievable, they begin to try to obfuscate it. Or they totally ignore it because knowing requires the work of learning. Why read 40 pages when you can instead type a paragraph trying to dismiss it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"And where were the defenders? Didn't want to get involved...but sure showed support via U2U..."

I think you are being a little unfair Zorgon.

His supporters have also spoken, and stated their opinion. I have done it plenty of times.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Buddhasystem shows up VERY occassionally (he left just when i was getting him to participate in a gravity research thread).

Greetings BFFT! I didn't have time for ATS lately... Probably won't have going forward.

It amazes me how many people come here claiming to what to know "the truth". Yet when the truth is shocking and unbelievable, they begin to try to obfuscate it.

I hope you are not referring to my humble person in that sentence. Not only I didn't obfuscate anything, I was strongly against obfuscation that John was perpetrating for whatever reason... As well as statements of his that contradict easily observable phenomena.

Glad he's gone, to be honest. What a disservice to the "alternative/conspirology" community he did.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesII

To Zorgon

Yes I know... thanks

I guess its time to update my front page

[edit on 12-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
I think you are being a little unfair Zorgon.

Yes true I was being a little unfair...

but method to my madness... looking to draw them out now

Please excuse my subterfuge

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystemWhat a disservice to the "alternative/conspirology" community he did.

For the record, I don't belong to this so called "community" BS is hypothesizing. As far as I am concerned, if there were a community, it was the ragtag upstart rebels I participated with unlocking a great many unanswered questions squirreled away from the public by unscrupulous space agencies (and I will out of politeness not mention acronyms of said agencies).

Furthermore, I consider it of small worth what the debunkers and skeptics may think of myself, my comrades, or our work, because at the end of the day when the walls close in I can count my lucky stars for not being in the same box they are in.

There is a Biblical passage that comes to me which seems very apropo here. From Job 38:2 reads thusly:

"WHO IS THIS THAT DARKENETH COUNSEL BY WORDS WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE?"

The reason for the caps is a small detail about the message coming straight from God out of a whirlwind. I have always associated cyclones, tornadoes, and whirlwinds as symbols of chaos, and I was taught chaos is my friend. And my quest for truth has always brought be to the brink of chaos.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

And my quest for truth has always brought be to the brink of chaos.

That is very esoteric, and I completely understand what you mean (even if in my own way).

Sometimes my head hurts and i get anxiety from my search. Once or twice i have not slept at night because of it (often, Zorgon was the cause
).

Sometimes i think i should give up because the anxiety and the noise in my head get that bad.

Then i remember that is what i am here for.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
(often, Zorgon was the cause

MUHAHAHAHAHA And I am going to do it again...

Remember Dr Resnick told us "The Predator as in the movie is alive and well at Los Alamos"?

Well seems he got out!

The Cheshire Cat is out of the bag...

Is Cloaking Technology for U.S. Infantry Warfighters Finally Possible?
www.defensereview.com...

Enjoy

PS It isn't quite the 'good stuff' but getting close

[edit on 12-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Personally I think Buddasystem is a sockpuppet triggered by the mention of "John Lear"

Oh yeah? prove me wrong

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sometimes you just kill me!

And I was afraid I was being too harsh...

However my attempt was to speak in the general sense. I have yet to see any skeptic or debunker bring forth one iota of supporting evidence contrary to mainstream thought.

Then there is my disclaimer for the exceptional true blue sceptic, you know of who I speak...the proverbial fox under the doorstep

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Umm....this IS the good stuff, to be sure.

Plasmonics is one thing, this is the REAL thing.
I knew it was there, as it left shadows everywhere (metaphorically speaking, that is).

Nice find, thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The fact that this thread has been downgraded to BTS is proof of ATS intent to obfuscate the truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I miss the 60's ohh and the A- team.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join